deficit deadlift question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deficit deadlift question

in the "big house" my dad had an extended stay alot of the guys often deadlifted standing on a bench. the bar starts on the same plane as the feet. is this to much?
    Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
    -John Ceasar

"to" much for what?
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

I would say yes. That is way too far for any man in the "big house" to ever be bending over.
      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
        I would say yes. That is way too far for any man in the "big house" to ever be bending over.
        hahaha:spit:

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
        "to" much for what?

is it to much of a deficit to be useful,in other words would you consider that over kill or not productive in strengthening the botom of the pull?

as it has been suggested that i add deficit pulls,i was just wondering if this was a viable option
        Last edited by lhart6272; 07-02-2011, 11:06 PM.
        Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
        -John Ceasar

Comment

No, it is not too far to bend over for deadlifts.

It is too far to bend over for anal rape.
          kind of a douche

Comment

No, it is not too far to bend over for deadlifts.

then i shall continue to do themand they shall be known as "moundsville" deadlifts in honour of the first stop on pops vacation tour. look it up nice to visit but no place you would want to live. was declared unconstitutional and closed.

It is too far to bend over for anal rape.
            who bends over for anal rape?:whip:
            Last edited by lhart6272; 07-02-2011, 11:49 PM.
            -John Ceasar

Comment

Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
              who bends over for anal rape?:whip:
              your

mother
              kind of a douche

Comment

your

mother

can i get this in mathmetical expression?
                -John Ceasar

Comment

in the "big house" my dad had an extended stay alot of the guys often deadlifted standing on a bench. the bar starts on the same plane as the feet. is this to much?
                  Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                  Lhart,

Check with your Dad - I think they call these "soap pulls" in the big house.

-S
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                  2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                  2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

All joking aside...

Well I think their are safer options but yeah they work.
                    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Glad someone asked about these. I've recently replaced rack deads with deficit deads because my sticking point is at the bottom. I'm a pretty short guy (think dave henry height) and have started using only 35 plates so that the bar starts at a lower position. I find that it's much more difficult to keep from rounding my back with this lower position. Do you guys have any tips on how to pull with good form on these? Also, do you guys think this is a low enough height to improve my sticking point strength?
                      Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Comment

Lhart and Chris.tan, try asking John Pinder (EX) all your deadlifting questions....
                        http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...light=Deadlift
                        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

just did 3" deficits and loved em.
                          -John Ceasar

Comment

Deficit deads are great for speed off the floor. They've been used by PL'ers for years. Do them against some bands or drape some chains over the bar, and you've got a monster exercise for DL speed.
                            "Nobody gives a **** about your six pack when you weigh 175 pounds". -M.R.

Journal

Comment

Working...
                            X