Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metroflex Powerbuilding Basics, thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard85
    replied
    I live in Houston and trained at the Metroflex here a few times the past month. Although I like the GHR, reverse hyper, SSB, and dumbbells up to 200lbs the place has no AC and with the heat at 100 degrees + humidity I can barely breathe in that place! Every time I worked out there I would get halfway through and feel dizzy. The place has an awesome atmosphere but I have to be able to breathe during my workout!

Leave a comment:

• punkguitarist
    replied
    Originally posted by rip2009 View Post
    I bought the book, but I was not really too impressed with it..
    I though the same thing. A few good articles but it seemed like most of the routine posted in there were just used as fillers to make the book longer.

a lot of the routines were kind of hard to follow. For example it would say "4- day intermediate routine" or whatever and then the given routine would show you working out 6 days a week.

One thing I thought was interesting is that josh bryant says "hardgainers" need more volume than easy gainers which goes against a lot of what I've heard people preach.

But theres no doubt that josh bryant is a good trainer and knows what hes talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Kevn594
    replied
    I agree. Not too much new information there. Most of the routines are pretty much powerlifting routines with more shoulder and arm work, hence powerbuilding. I liked looking at some of the old routines for lifters back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• bad bad leroy b
    replied
    It's ok. Nothing spectacular to me. Something's in there deserve a look see

Leave a comment:

• rip2009
    replied
    I bought the book, but I was not really too impressed with it..

Leave a comment:

• vkk
    replied
    Got this for free on bb.com

Its a good read.

Leave a comment:

• thetim
    replied
    there are some decent things you can get from the book to add to your routine, you have to follow one of the routines in the book.

Leave a comment:

• Carlito Gambino
    replied
    Yeah that's what I considered it as well, just a read, I disagreed with a few of their methods but there's no denying that some quality lifters come from Metroflex (I too would love to lift there, if only for a few sessions).

Originally posted by smookey View Post
    I bought it and thought it was good, like you said nothing too fancy. Its cool to see the routines of some of the greats and I am sure powerlifters especially would find it interesting.
    Definitely. I especially found Kazmaier and Doug Young's routines interesting, though they obviously don't seem very revolutionary nowadays with the Westside method being as prevalent as it is.

Leave a comment:

• DCBliever
    replied
    eh, I have it, some useful information but more of just a read for me, the powerlifting articles were decent but again, not something I would subscribe to.

Leave a comment:

• smookey
    replied
    I bought it and thought it was good, like you said nothing too fancy. Its cool to see the routines of some of the greats and I am sure powerlifters especially would find it interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
    replied
    Have not yet.

I dont know if it was the routine for someone like Coleman. We are talking about one of the best physical freaks ever.

I have not heard of anyone else talking about Metro other than lifting there which i would love!

Leave a comment:

• Carlito Gambino
    started a topic Metroflex Powerbuilding Basics, thoughts?

Metroflex Powerbuilding Basics, thoughts?

So I've been reading through this for the past couple of days and it looks like a pretty solid book. Nothing fancy, but then again that's pretty much the point Bryant is trying to get across.
    Wasn't too crazy about some of the routines (a couple of Arnold's routines were posted as well), though. I also thought it was a little contradictory how the book has a quasi anti-roids attitude even though the authors frequently boast about how their routines made Coleman as great as he is (even stranger, to me anyway, was how the physiques and gear usage of today's pros are criticized multiple times even though Coleman is pretty much Metroflex's poster boy). Other than that it was a fun read, who knows, I might even give a Metroflex powerbuilding routine a shot sometime in the future.

Has anyone else checked this out yet?
Working...
X