OCD chins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCD chins

Ok so this may be completely OCD but, when doing chins with just bodyweight should I be sure to log my weight with reps? Just wondering with the whole beating of the log book and PRs. Also when doing them my tris are on fire by the time I'm done. Is this me over analyzing again?? I try to keep things simple but occassionaly i get questions like these that just nag me.

You mean like if you're 220 lbs and doing 45 lbs dumbbell you write 265 lbs?? That's overanalyzing imo, because then it would make sense to log squats as barbell+plates+weight above knees.

I think I'm understanding you correctly.

Comment

Well at the moment i dont have a way to do weighted chins. My theory was that being im trying to pack on some weight should i figure in the additional weight. I'm just gonna go with that fact that im over analyzing like you said. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
        You mean like if you're 220 lbs and doing 45 lbs dumbbell you write 265 lbs?? That's overanalyzing imo, because then it would make sense to log squats as barbell+plates+weight above knees.

I think I'm understanding you correctly.
        With all due respect, it is not over analyzing. You are hanging all of your weight off of the bar, so any weight you add to your body IS going to make the lift harder. Huge difference from a 250 pound dude and a 150 pound dude doing pullups. I weigh myself before my set and that weight plus hanging weights = my working set. I cut down from 245 to 215 and there was a huge difference on my pullups. Obviously, I had to add much more weight to compensate.

**Edit**

I didn't see his next post..

Originally posted by Lilman View Post
        Well at the moment i dont have a way to do weighted chins. My theory was that being im trying to pack on some weight should i figure in the additional weight. I'm just gonna go with that fact that im over analyzing like you said. Thanks
        In this case, yes it is over analyzing unless you are gaining a shit ton of weight. I thought you were talking about weighted chins and trying to progress week to week.

Comment

Although not a "shit ton" as you speak i have blobbed on 10 lbs over the past 2 weeks. I'll just focus on doing the damn things instead of petty stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X