Cardio required to get to 10%?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
    If you're talking fat loss only, I would add it when you stall - or when your progress slows significantly. From that point, increase it as needed/when needed.

There are other beneficial reasons aside from fat loss to add it to your program year long however.
    Very good point.

I was considering adding it when I go to mass gaining phase again to keep the fat off.

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
      I don't see it as so extreme. Part of that is water, glyocgen, etc. Taking an untrained, underfed individual and putting them on a proper workout program and proper nutrition program and having them gain 30 lbs in 4 months is pretty much newbie gains. Nice thing about being ectomorph is also the ability to stay lean very very easily. They typically have to push really hard for fat gain.
      It's not extreme. But it's not likely for a classic ectomorph. I was there myself. Thought I had added 30-40 pounds of muscle in less than one year, then I realized I just got fat. For a normal natty guy, 10 lbs of muscle in one year is one hell of accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
        It's not extreme. But it's not likely for a classic ectomorph. I was there myself. Thought I had added 30-40 pounds of muscle in less than one year, then I realized I just got fat. For a normal natty guy, 10 lbs of muscle in one year is one hell of accomplishment.
        To each their own, I don't personally think the example that I gave was that far off for a classic ectomorph who hasn't been training or eating correctly.
        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
        www.316fit.com
        Email: [email protected]

Comment

i agree with quads on this one, i think Fade is tainted by his own experiences (dude w/kickass genetics to get big/thick and in an environment with lots of expertise on training, nutrition, supps ect)

by the way to the OP the least amount of cardio to see a difference , for most people thats a starting point of 30min 3-4xweek and moving up from there when you stall....
          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
          17 AAU Super Total
          '16-AAU Hi
          '15-USPA Metro
          '15-USPA State
          '15-AAU HI
          '14-AAU HI
          '14-USPA Metro
          '14-WABDL Sonny's
          '14-USPA State
          '14-HI Strongman
          '13-USPA
          '13-WABDL Sonny's
          '13-USPA State
          '13-AAU HI
          '11-USPA Metro
          '10-NPC Stingrey
          '09-NPC Islands
          '09-NPC Stingrey
          '09-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA IronWorks
          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
          '01-ABA Olympia
          '01-ABA Islands
          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
          '00-INBF Musclefest
          '98-NGA Ill
          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by mchicia1 View Post
            I am a computer programmer and sit on my ass all day.
            For this reason, I would say yes, do cardio. It's my understanding that your main motivation here is aesthetics, and hence you fall in the bodybuilding category. However, it doesn't sound like you have an interest in the competitive arena. For this reason, your career, and what I'm assuming is your age (25+), I would absolutely recommend cardiovascular training. As long as your aren't doing ultra-endurance type stuff, I believe the health benefit of doing cardio is worth the small tradeoff in reduced power output. So, I say absolutely add cardio work 3x a week...2 lower intensity sessions in the 30-40min range, one higher intensity day at the 15-20 min range would be my recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by Knickerbocker24 View Post
              For this reason, I would say yes, do cardio. It's my understanding that your main motivation here is aesthetics, and hence you fall in the bodybuilding category. However, it doesn't sound like you have an interest in the competitive arena. For this reason, your career, and what I'm assuming is your age (25+), I would absolutely recommend cardiovascular training. As long as your aren't doing ultra-endurance type stuff, I believe the health benefit of doing cardio is worth the small tradeoff in reduced power output. So, I say absolutely add cardio work 3x a week...2 lower intensity sessions in the 30-40min range, one higher intensity day at the 15-20 min range would be my recommendation.
              ^This... You don't need to add it yet for weight loss if you are still dropping fat... but your heart and life expectancy will thank you later.
              -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
              -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
              198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
              -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
              198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
              -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
              198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Working...
              X