Trap Bar Deadlift PR!! 500 x 12 (vid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trap Bar Deadlift PR!! 500 x 12 (vid)

I've been experimenting with doing rotating 3 different deadlift variations each week on back day and its been working out pretty good.

3 weeks ago I did 455 x 10 on trap bar deadlifts and today I did 500 x 12.

And yes I'm aware that these are WAAY easier than regular deadlifts but I think there a fun lift to do because its pretty much impossible to round your lower back so you don't have to worry about form. You just pull/push as hard as you fcking can.

Plus they make my upper back and traps more sore than any other exercise so I'm guessing they'll cause some good growth in that area.

Here's the vid. (It's 5 plates a side so technically its 495 but I'm pretty sure the bar weighs more than 45 lbs so I'm gonna say its 500):

Also, in the last couple of months I've noticed that all of the deadlifts variations I've made decent progress on but pretty much every other exercise (all pressing, rowing, and leg movements) the increases have been pretty bad. Any idea why this it?

[youtube]l773ao72nvQ[/youtube]

Nice job man, I really like trap bar deads myself. I actually think they're slightly better because of the reasons you already mentioned (more upright position so less chance of you fucking your back because your form went to shit). It's a shame most trap bars are relatively short though, meaning that they can't hold that much weight.
    Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

nice work!

Comment

Solid.

Comment

good job man. I have thought about trying them. I might have to now. Nice vid
          life is a battle at every front, training is a war I fight to win- Lee priest (I think)

Nothing great comes without sacrifice- Oscar Ardon

True Protein get the best supplements WWW.trueprotein.com
          want a discount? enter code:WAN585 for 5% to 10% off

Comment

Thanks guys

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
            Nice job man, I really like trap bar deads myself. I actually think they're slightly better because of the reasons you already mentioned (more upright position so less chance of you fucking your back because your form went to shit). It's a shame most trap bars are relatively short though, meaning that they can't hold that much weight.
            Ya I'll be lucky if I can fit one more plate on this bar.

I saw on ebay a "mega trap bar" that holds 1500 lbs. Don't think you'll be maxing that out any time soon haha.

If I had a home gym I'd probably buy one, but it would be too much of a hassle to bring it back and forth with me to the gym.

Comment

Working...
            X