Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jury duty, how to get my meals and water in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jury duty, how to get my meals and water in?

I have to go to jury duty monday which sucks, im right in the middle of dieting and not being able to go to work and the gym at my regular time is a huge inconvenience.

i plan on trying my best to not get selected to the jury, but how can i go about eating my regular meals at regular intervals during the first day where they call everyone in to select jurors?

do i just take my tubberware with meals inside inside a plastic baggie with my gallon of water? i am sure they can not deny me the ability to eat and drink water.

i actually went to the doctor yesterday (see thread on my heat exhaustion) and my sodium levels were a little low (i work in the heat all day and sweat). Can I take the discharge slip and the blood tests and show them I have been depleated and had to go to the doc for heat exhaustion and they will dismiss me or allow me to eat my meals?

if not can i just leave them in the bathroom and ask to go to the bathroom and go eat them, or sit them in a corner out in the lobby and go get them and eat?

i dont think they could deny me the ability to drink and eat, especially if i went to the doc 2 days earlier and had some low (just barley) sodium levels and i could tell them i need to eat food (sodium) and drink water.

jury duty sucks

I recently served on jury duty and had no issues bringing in food and protein shakes with me....
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Just eat the amount of food you regularly eat in a day whenever you can. You don't have to eat every 3 hours lest your muscles fall off. If you have to go 6+ hours bring a protein shake and crackers or something for halfway though.

Comment

Tell them everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

That should send you home early.

/mandatory jury duty joke post.

Comment

Be keen, super keen, it always works, the defence hate keen jury members.

I am a cop and you have the above choice or you can do one of the following:
          Wave to a member of the defence or prosecution and say "hey I think we went to high school together".
          You can take along a application for joining the police force and ask where you hand it in.
          You can talk to other people about how weak the justice system is.
          You can commit a crime.
          Or, my favorite
          wear a star treck costume.

All these have worked previously for various people.
          "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
          Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
          'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
          ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by SAHD View Post
            Be keen, super keen, it always works, the defence hate keen jury members.

I am a cop and you have the above choice or you can do one of the following:
            Wave to a member of the defence or prosecution and say "hey I think we went to high school together".
            You can take along a application for joining the police force and ask where you hand it in.
            You can talk to other people about how weak the justice system is.
            You can commit a crime.
            Or, my favorite
            wear a star treck costume.

All these have worked previously for various people.
            Or you could just man up and do your civic duty and serve on a jury...
            Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
              Agreed, they made me sit in on jury duty and I was a cop, lol. I even transported the woman to jail but the judge loved how I picked apart defense attorneys. It's one day, you'll live and probably will lose more muscle worrying about it then actually doing it. Let's get perspective guys, you don't become an aids looking patient by walking to and from your car. Sitting on your ass being hungry for a little won't kill you if you are dieting.
              For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you suck BUZZKILL
                Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                www.316fit.com
                Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally Posted by Heckman

True,....just remeber to find the guy/girl guilty. Oh and don't make it your refeed day.
                  "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                  Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                  'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                  ~William Bernbach

Comment

While it won't kill you to be off your diet for a day to serve your civic duty, I say do what you need to do. Bring in all your food in a bag, eat, drink, and go to the bathroom whenever you need to, and don't feel bad about it. If they don't like it then maybe you aren't a good selection for the jury, but be yourself and let them decide. Just don't comprise your life for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Knickerbocker24 View Post
                      While it won't kill you to be off your diet for a day to serve your civic duty, I say do what you need to do. Bring in all your food in a bag, eat, drink, and go to the bathroom whenever you need to, and don't feel bad about it. If they don't like it then maybe you aren't a good selection for the jury, but be yourself and let them decide. Just don't comprise your life for it.
                      x2.

Just do it. We can get away with a lot more than we think we can most of the time, I think. We just worry too much that people will notice us. But people don't care. Just do it.
                      TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

I just had it last month. You can bring your food with you. Most of the time was spent sitting around doing nothing.
                        2010 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class 5th place
                        2009 IFBB North America over 40 Super Heavyweight Class 3rd place
                        2009 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class 4th place
                        2008 IFBB North America over 40 Super Heavyweight Class Winner
                        2008 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class Winner
                        2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Masters Over 40 Champion
                        2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Mens Open Champion

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/EBA84/

Comment

Any way to get out of jury duty for good? Would low testosterone levels allow me to not go because this is a medical condition?

Comment

Originally posted by qbkilla View Post
                            Any way to get out of jury duty for good? Would low testosterone levels allow me to not go because this is a medical condition?
                            lol doubtful.
                            Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                            FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                            www.316fit.com
                            Email: [email protected]

Comment

You will have to sit down allot as well, for many hours. You will probably loose allot of muscle

Comment

Working...
                              X