Blood Work Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Work Advice

I have to get a health screening done before attending health sciences college. While I'm at the doctor I want to get some blood work done too. I'm 30 years old, but I've never requested blood work before, so I just wanted to know what I should ask for them to check. I know that I want my testosterone levels checked. What should I request them to check?

Originally posted by SDMF View Post
    I have to get a health screening done before attending health sciences college. While I'm at the doctor I want to get some blood work done too. I'm 30 years old, but I've never requested blood work before, so I just wanted to know what I should ask for them to check. I know that I want my testosterone levels checked. What should I request them to check?
    From my own experience, if you want the testosterone test to be covered under your insurance you might need to claim that you suffer from erectile dysfunction. That was the spew I got from my insurance company when trying to get one covered.

Comment

Originally posted by cacodaemon View Post
      From my own experience, if you want the testosterone test to be covered under your insurance you might need to claim that you suffer from erectile dysfunction. That was the spew I got from my insurance company when trying to get one covered.
      I didn't realize that. I would really like to know what my testosterone levels are, but I wouldn't want a huge bill just for adding that test. Maybe I should call my insurance company to find out what kind of blood work they cover.

Comment

Test and Estradiol are the main ones, everything else they will usually do anyways

Comment

Making sure its covered by insurance is a good move. For testosterone alone we charge about $180.

Comment

Originally posted by Cappybye View Post
            Test and Estradiol are the main ones, everything else they will usually do anyways
            What is Estradiol?

Comment

Originally posted by Cappybye View Post
              Is Estradiol another word for estrogen?

Comment

Is Estradiol another word for estrogen?
                There are three type of estrogen: estrone, estradiol and estriol. Estradiol is about 80 times more active than estriol and about 10 times more potent than estrone when looking at estrogenic effects. With that in mind, estradiol is the most important form of estrogen found in the body and most important form to monitor.
                Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                  There are three type of estrogen: estrone, estradiol and estriol. Estradiol is about 80 times more active than estriol and about 10 times more potent than estrone when looking at estrogenic effects. With that in mind, estradiol is the most important form of estrogen found in the body and most important form to monitor.
                  So, when you ask to get your hormone levels checked do they usually just check testosterone and estradiol?

I've never had a hormone profile done before, so I don't really know anything about the procedure. Any advice is much appreciated.

Comment

So, when you ask to get your hormone levels checked do they usually just check testosterone and estradiol?

I've never had a hormone profile done before, so I don't really know anything about the procedure. Any advice is much appreciated.
                    There are quite a few hormones in the body lol

Ask your Doc what tests he/she plans on having done and if you want something else ask if they would be willing to have that done too.

Typically a male hormone panel will have these on it along with others, but you need to check with your Doc and the lab.
                    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                      There are quite a few hormones in the body lol

Ask your Doc what tests he/she plans on having done and if you want something else ask if they would be willing to have that done too.

Typically a male hormone panel will have these on it along with others, but you need to check with your Doc and the lab.
                      So, are testosterone and estradiol the main ones to make sure they check for?

Comment

So, are testosterone and estradiol the main ones to make sure they check for?
                        It all depends of what health markers you are tracking or what symptoms you are experiencing.

You can research your health concerns and associated lab tests here: http://labtestsonline.org/ and here: http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Suppleme...lood-Tests.htm

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

When I went in for testosterone panels, they didn't do any Estro tests. Now I'm going back soon to get those levels checked since starting TRT. My main concern is that once starting TRT, my E2 levels are gonna go up even more than I feel they already are. Just ask the doc what's covered, and if there's something you want, just ask if they'll do that as well.
                          …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by mark! View Post
                            When I went in for testosterone panels, they didn't do any Estro tests. Now I'm going back soon to get those levels checked since starting TRT. My main concern is that once starting TRT, my E2 levels are gonna go up even more than I feel they already are. Just ask the doc what's covered, and if there's something you want, just ask if they'll do that as well.
                            Just curious. How old are you? Did your doctor put you on TRT?

Comment

I'm 28, and over weight. My test numbers came back low, so I was put on a topical gel. It worked for a bit, then I started having the same symptoms, low sex drive, feeling lazy, etc. I started injections 3 weeks ago, haven't noticed anything amazing yet, so we're still tweaking dosages. So yes, all of my TRT is done through my Dr.
                              …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Working...
                              X