Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skipload pre contest, freaking out! help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skipload pre contest, freaking out! help please.

Ok, So i am absolutely starting to freak out about how to handle my skiploading pre contest prep starting with 2 days out. I was hoping to get a little feedback on others successes and failures while implementing skips carb loads and water depletion pre contest.

I have competed 5 times in the past and always on traditional carb cycling programs. Lean meat, sweet potatos, brown rice, broccoli, etc. While dieting my ectomorph metabolism has always caused me to drop weight super quickly and struggle to keep what little size I have. I tended to always end up on stage lean in comparison to other competitors but without much size or fullness.

This prep I decided to use Skips dieting technique with moderate to low carb high protein diet 6 days a week and have gradually progressed to a 24 hr skip load 1 day per week. I have been losing around 2-3 pounds per week for about 10 weeks. My strength while skiploading during my diet has been considerably higher than ever before while dieting.

I am 5 1/2 weeks out from the contest I am planning on peaking for and have decided to enter a show this weekend about 10 lbs above where I probably should be. My thought was by entering this "warm up" show I could get the stage jitters out and also try and perfect my last few days plan.

This is where my confusion begins. I had a full day of skiploading on Sunday and my weight ended up Sunday night at 213. By Wednesday of this week my weight was down to 204. Wednesday night I decided to try to have a pancake meal (5 pancakes with chocolate syrup and powdered sugar, a constant during the past 10 weeks) at my last meal and cut my water out right before at 8PM. I am not used to depleting water at previous shows and was curious to see how I would look in the morning. Thursday morning I woke up and looked very very flat with little to no vascularity. I ate another pancake meal at 5:30 AM and was still very flat, however considerably dryer and tighter than the days before. At 8:30 I added in 1 bottle of water to test and my vascularity and fullness began to come out. That only lasted about 1 hr until I began to lose some dryness.

How do you guys that have competed using Skips techniques manipulate the last 24-48 hours with carbs and water? I recognize everyone is very different, however I am interested in finding out if my plan seems a comparable starting point. Am I right in thinking that Skip had said that once water is cut out to try and load as many carbs into your system as comfortably possible? Or did I make this thought up?

My current plan for Friday before the "warm up" show is as follows. Friday Meal 1 3 eggs/3 egg whites, Meal 2 1.5 cups oatmeal and protein powder, Meal 3 8 oz chicken 1 serving almonds. I plan to make my last 2 meals of the evening Friday carb loaded pancakes, rice cakes, low fat pop tarts. I was going to cut my water around 7-8PM for the evening. Saturday morning wake up and evaluate my fullness. Due to cutting water I expect to be flat, so I would continue eating pancakes and rice cakes pretty much until an hour before prejudging? Would this large amount of carbs potentially cause me to bloat/spill over while water is limited?

Thank you all for reading this book of a post. I apoligize for this freakout of a rant. Skiploading is just so damn mentally exhausting, however oh so fun.

If you're talking about a warm-up show in <48hr (THIS weekend), I suggest that you listen to ONE person and ONE person only and would suggest that that person be SKIP, given you have been using his strategies.

-Scott
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
      If you're talking about a warm-up show in <48hr (THIS weekend), I suggest that you listen to ONE person and ONE person only and would suggest that that person be SKIP, given you have been using his strategies.

-Scott
      Ya Scott that makes since. Everything I have learned about skiploading I have learned on this site and the longevity dvd. I did not pay for Skip's private guidance and I did not want to be rude and pose this question to him only and expect a free response. This is the reason I asked the broad question to the board incase others had some potential feedback. However, I'm sure Skip is the absolute best person. Thanks.

Comment

Sure, man. Well, I guess hiring him sounds like its out of the picture. Either way - gathering info. from a variety of people at this late stage can be dangerous....

-S
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

You are doing the absolute worst thing you can do right now...gathering tons of info and mixing and matching what you like...listen to Scott or Skip...my two cents..if you can't afford someone, just keep doing what you are doing, and don't try something that you have no idea how your body will repond too...

JM
          John Meadows
          CSCS, CISSN
          Creator of the Mountain Dog Diet
          www.mountaindogdiet.com

Comment

Originally posted by mountaindog1 View Post
            you are doing the absolute worst thing you can do right now...gathering tons of info and mixing and matching what you like...listen to scott or skip...my two cents..if you can't afford someone, just keep doing what you are doing, and don't try something that you have no idea how your body will repond too...

Jm
            [2]

Comment

I guess my question is, why no trial runs? I see it's a warm up show but if you've been dieting this long and SKIPloading you should know how your body handles it. Plenty of information on traditional carb loading for shows. I think SKIP even said it was reverse order from what is usually done.
              For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Agreed on keep doing what youre doing or what your plan is/was right now (unless Skip talks to you, etc). Ive worked with (and work with) Skip and what you are doing isnt close to anything he has had me do--so, even if I were willing to provide information (of course, as a client, Im not) I dont think it would do you any good because it was what was laid out specifically for me (after pictures, how I felt, etc). And, I suspect the same would be true for his other clients.

Best of luck and do what you can and let the cards fall where they may. And, since you have another five weeks until your next one...maybe you can hook-up with the man himself.

Again, good luck this weekend.

-slide
                "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

can you really tell you are flat in the morning after being full the night before? Just asking and laughing b/c I sat on the floor at my last show as someones trainer came up to them and said lets see. they picked up there shirt and said trainer said, still flat, get your rice cakes and jelly. I just laugh at it, b/c it is all he went home with (his food) and was pissed off backstage he didn't place. I am not sure about all of this stuff. Sounds like you are gathering information, and trying to time it up just right. Just get in shape, then i don't think it matters as much, you have time.
                  that said there are smart people around, so they may know better.
                  -c

Comment

Originally posted by c.m. View Post
                    can you really tell you are flat in the morning after being full the night before? Just asking and laughing b/c I sat on the floor at my last show as someones trainer came up to them and said lets see. they picked up there shirt and said trainer said, still flat, get your rice cakes and jelly. I just laugh at it, b/c it is all he went home with (his food) and was pissed off backstage he didn't place. I am not sure about all of this stuff. Sounds like you are gathering information, and trying to time it up just right. Just get in shape, then i don't think it matters as much, you have time.
                    that said there are smart people around, so they may know better.
                    -c
                    I am going to plan on doing what I have been doing this whole time. To answer your question I can tell big time when I am flat in the morning. I'm by no means making the complaint, I didn't win because I was not full enough, where in actuality I wasn't lean enough. My conditioning is right on point for my plan to peak in 5 weeks. I typically look entirely different throughout the day/night based on what I have eaten/ drank.

The point of my question was to get other people's opinions that dehydrate while carbing up The night before as skip points out in the longevity DVD. I have never dehydrated at the end of my skipload in the past 10 weeks, however I probably should have. My plan in entering this show was to do a ttrial run to evaluate the results.

I never should have posted such a vague question. Mentally I think I am getting exhausted during the prep and started to freak out due to being flatter from my previous skipload on Sunday. Thank you for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by slide View Post
                      Best of luck and do what you can and let the cards fall where they may. And, since you have another five weeks until your next one...maybe you can hook-up with the man himself.

Again, good luck this weekend.

-slide
                      it is probably a good idea to speak to skip about hiring him for the rest of my prep. Thank you for the response.

Comment

Working...
                      X