What's Farah REALLY doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Farah REALLY doing?

I've discussed this with Skip in private a couple of times, but I still have to wonder what George Farah is up to with his clients. He's racking up quite an impressive list of winners now, the most famous/infamous being Branch and Kai Grapefr...hrm...Greene. Ok, there are many contest prep guys who have taken freaks and turned them even freakier - i.e. polishing rough diamonds, probably by doing non-retarded stuff - but I also see Farah turning pebbles into diamonds.

So what is he doing?

I mean, we could just logically conclude that you will make someone bigger and freakier just by having the pendulum swing from the low-carb/keto/Palumbo type diets with hours of cardio, and filling guys out with high carb low'ish cardio preps...but I can't help but think there's something else going on.

I asked a couple of guys who used him last year, and they said that it's not very different from generic template posted in articles and forums.

- 60/30/10 carb/protein/fats, 3x20min cardio to start with
    - drop 50g of carbs and add ~20g of protein every other week, increase cardio by 5 minutes and one extra day until you hit 5-6 days of 40-45mins.

So is that it? I've heard DNP being mentioned but I think that's just speculation as it's not available to just anyone. I've heard using potassium the last few days of the final week, but I don't think there's any magic in that. The usual clen+t3 combo? Or is it just that high carbs is inherently "better" for the high insulin sensitivity of someone with an exisiting genetic predisposition for bodybuilding, also using AAS?

Thoughts?

This may not be news to you or Skip but what stuck out with Farah was that he liked to have his clients being already pretty lean in the off-season. The off-season would look just like the in-season; same diet foods but in larger quantities, and maybe a cheat night to provide some semblance of life especially if they have a girlfriend or wife. He really harped on that.

He was never a big fan of feeling tortured when it comes to contest prep. I think he said something to the effect of,

"Why would you torture yourself when it comes to prep time? Why get fat in the off-season when you're going to have to kill yourself with the dieting and tons of cardio come pre-contest? Just stay lean all year-round. You're a bodybuilder, so look like one all year! If you can't see your abs, you're not a bodybuilder! If you want that steak, baked potato and ice cream on the weekend with your girl, have it! But that next day, get back to eating clean."

He'd rather have you cruise in and if there's any adjustments that need to be made, it's a lot easier to do so since the client is already very lean to begin with.

Again, you've probably already heard that about him I just found it interesting. Hardcore dieting for 16 weeks, or would you have moderate dieting for 52 weeks? Simple yet effective.

BTW he said this in some training video way back when if you're interested, can't recall where though.
    Max Muscle
    5020 Katella Ave.
    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
      This may not be news to you or Skip but what stuck out with Farah was that he liked to have his clients being already pretty lean in the off-season. The off-season would look just like the in-season; same diet foods but in larger quantities, and maybe a cheat night to provide some semblance of life especially if they have a girlfriend or wife. He really harped on that.

He was never a big fan of feeling tortured when it comes to contest prep. I think he said something to the effect of,

"Why would you torture yourself when it comes to prep time? Why get fat in the off-season when you're going to have to kill yourself with the dieting and tons of cardio come pre-contest? Just stay lean all year-round. You're a bodybuilder, so look like one all year! If you can't see your abs, you're not a bodybuilder! If you want that steak, baked potato and ice cream on the weekend with your girl, have it! But that next day, get back to eating clean."

He'd rather have you cruise in and if there's any adjustments that need to be made, it's a lot easier to do so since the client is already very lean to begin with.

Again, you've probably already heard that about him I just found it interesting. Hardcore dieting for 16 weeks, or would you have moderate dieting for 52 weeks? Simple yet effective.

BTW he said this in some training video way back when if you're interested, can't recall where though.

I have heard him turn guys down if they were too out of shape...telling them to lean down then come back to me...so its true if you're not in decent offseason condition he wont work with you.....and i have heard ZERO mention of DNP with the guys that work with him...if anything they used less gear.... it goes to show you that the key to doing well in this sport and getting really shredded is not getting too fat in the offseason...just makes everything easier..you'll be able to handle more food during your prep if you're lean and your metabolism is already in high gear.
      Last edited by steve56; 06-02-2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

There is little that he does that I don't already do with my guys. Well, other than he is now working with guys like Branch and Kai. In my opinion, there never really was a "secret" as much as he is just doing something different by keeping them leaner and using more carbs and less cardio. The concept of not being someone up for a prep is something I have subscribed to for quite a while.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Well, then that is quite a difference right there, don't you think? He's running a higher caloric intake via higher carbs, and a lower caloric burn via less cardio - so a smaller deficit. The example given in his MD article has a 200lbs guy starting his diet on 4000kcals and 500g of carbs, ending at 250g carbs and 3400kcals.

That's a maintenance diet for me at 230lbs and single digit bodyfat numbers. 4000kcals would make me fat.

Just sayin'

Comment

That's why black and white numbers don't work AND most al of these pros are gifted in the metabolism dept, too.

Skip

Sent from Skip's Big Yellow Tractor on his Samsung Epic

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I tend to agree with Skip, there is no magic to "bulletproof" George Farah the fake ex cop.

What he does looks pretty much exactly like what's in Aceto's Championship Bodybuilding book. Keep the guys leaner off-season, do less cardio and more carbs then other gurus and lower calories as needed without killing the guy with cardio.

Kai looked huge at the New York pro but his conditioning was the best ever same for Branch at the Arnold.
              If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
              http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
              2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
              2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

i think people are looking for some secret program, or method, and are missing the easy stuff right in front of them. (speculation on my part lol). my point is, the guys has a shit-ton of experience, and knows his method inside out along with working with so many clients. i bet his prep plan is very basic in design, that he slowly tailors to each client.....again speculation on my part but what i am learning is that there are not a zillion different ways to prep someone, BUT a person with experience like farrah or kenny makes it look this way....

think about it, years ago people where saying "how the fuck does skip make people eat all that shit and get shredded?" but, now that everyone's seeing it first hand on the dvd, skip has made it relatively easy to start up and learn. but trying that shit before he made it public knowledge, it was WAY out there and people were wondering what the fuck. so i would imagine farrah has a plan in place that's he's perfected, he just doesnt advertise it out loud, his clients do that for him.
                2009- Muscle Mayhem 2nd place lightweights
                2009- Mo State Champ 1st place lightweights
                2010- Muscle Mayhem 9th place middleweights

next show
                2012- Mo State Championships middleweight

Official NANBF Judge

Comment

I doubt any of Farrahs guys need DNP, but you can bet your ass if any pro gets behind they are using it. It most certainly is available to everyone. Don't forget these top "gurus"(hell probably any level guru) have their own drug protocols also. And no I'm not trying to say it's all drugs, I think his diet methods are the meat and potatoes, but his drug scheme is part of it also.
                  Then on top of that these guys he's working worth have the top genetics/metabolisms in the world when it comes to bodybuilding.
                  Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/s1686987.shtml?cat=565

play the video on the upper right corner...what a tool
                    Last edited by lhart6272; 06-03-2011, 09:29 AM.
                    Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                    -John Ceasar

Comment

Do you know how I know Farah doesn't have any magical secrets?

Look at his physique when he competes... enough said.

Branch and Kai are 2 of the 4 best bodybuilders in the world right now. They put in the years to build the muscle and they have some of the best bodybuilding genetics in the world.

I am sure that Chris Aceto, Dave Palumbo or anyone else that is used to dialing guys in could do the same as George.
                      If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                      http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                      2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                      2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Buddy of mine was working with George for one year. Got in best shape of his life, just recently dropped him because he can't afford him, if money wasn't and issues he said he would definitely work with him again.
                        He has showed me emails from George and from what I remember:
                        diet:
                        pretty much the same as it's outlined in this thread, start with higher carb, moderate protein, little fat, then drop the carbs, slightly increase protein and cardio. cardio wasn't done more than 35 min a day at the end, carbs few week out was somewhere 200+- (started with 400 or so), protein 300-350 at the end, no added fats

gear:
                        NO DNP!
                        and t3 and clen where used in minimal dosages (25mcg and 60 during the whole diet if I rememeber)
                        aas - small-average dosages but 5-7 compounds (prop,eq,tren,anavar,winy etc) for a total 2g or so aas a week
                        gh 4-6iu, split into 2 dosages
                        no slin

Comment

Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
                          http://www.whec.com/news/stories/s1686987.shtml?cat=565

play the video on the upper right corner...what a tool
                          What a fucking weirdo.

Comment

Guys, the world of bodybuilding is full of liars, cheats, fakers, bullshitters and criminals that rip off other people with no conscience, at all. Many prep guys do the same thing and it is sad but ... reality.

What is even sadder, yet, is when people do these types of things and they aren't even publicly reported so .... potential clients don't know and aren't made aware of the shit character of some people that they trust with their prep and pay large amounts of money to.

Karma is a bitch, though, and I believe in it. It will come around to the people that deserve it.

Skip

Comment

When I was a young Marine my motto was, karma is a mother fucker.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
                              Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X