hang 'em & bang 'em (laterals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hang 'em & bang 'em (laterals)

A bit different way of doing laterals...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fGB8U3I1SM&NR=1

Ehhhh...looks ok but you'll have to be careful not to use too much body english & cheat. Also not sure why the shrug at the top if you're trying to hit medial delts.
    www.JasonWojo.com | www.TrueProtein.com

Proud to be a TRUE PROTEIN Sponsored Athlete (use the code WOJO for a discount on orders)

Get your official DC Training DVD here

Comment

I'm not a big fan of DB lateral raises in the first place but these look like they wouldn't be too good for your rotator cuffs if you go up that high. I also don't really see the reason why anyone would do them seated if they're just gonna use a lot of body english anyway.
      Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
        I also don't really see the reason why anyone would do them seated if they're just gonna use a lot of body english anyway.
        Yup, you can do the same thing standing by bending-over just slightly..

But I do think that you can't get complete development without laterals, meaning the 'round' look of the delts...

Comment

Mngeh, if you can feel them great. But just looking at those it looks like your traps are gonna fatigue before your delts. He wants a shrug at the top AND that stretch looks like it'll stretch the traps more than the delts. If your traps are fried before the delts, what's the point?

I guess I gotta try it out for myself...
          Max Muscle
          5020 Katella Ave.
          Los Alamitos, CA 90720
          www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
            Mngeh, if you can feel them great. But just looking at those it looks like your traps are gonna fatigue before your delts. He wants a shrug at the top AND that stretch looks like it'll stretch the traps more than the delts. If your traps are fried before the delts, what's the point?

I guess I gotta try it out for myself...
            Come on! "Hang em, and Bang em!" is such a clever catch phrase they GOTTA work!!
            Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

You gotta admit it's catchy though...
              Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

They look like they would be pretty hard on the CNS......
                PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Don't worry about that, bro, just take a 3 week cruise after a 2 week blast to prevent overtraining.

Comment

Working...
                  X