If anyone is willing to comment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone is willing to comment...

...this statement in the video below, feel free to do so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZSf1...eature=related

He has a point, but he's also commenting on the extreme end of the spectrum. I mean, saying that training two days in a row will get you bad results is just bullshit. The only people that are that extreme are HIT advocates. Upper/lower splits have worked for A LOT of individuals and they're often two days on, one day off. Another thing I'd like to point out is that the only argument they use for higher frequency and volume is to use Weiss as an example. It's great and all that he can train twice a day 5x a week, but that doesn't mean you can. Let's look at the monsters Dante produced, and the guys Abel produces. That should speak for itself (same sort of argument).

The fact is that training frequency is subjective to a certain extent as well. Some guys don't handle 4-5x a week well, they'll stall all over the place and do much better on 3x a week. When it comes to frequency I think McDonald is spot on (http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html, in this article that is), and a lot of people will do better on lower frequencies.
    From my experience, I've found that progress + food = growth. Now if I'm gonna train 5x a week (which I've experimented with), I don't progress nearly as well as I do on 3x a week. So yeah, to me it's pretty obvious that I'd rather pick a frequency that allows me to give it all 3x a week, then opt for being in the gym more (which I'd love, because I love training) and get fuck all results.
    Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

I'm a believer in giving the CNS a rest to give 100% to a session. We become so dependant on stimulants that we have a false sense of energy and where our bodies really are as far as being prepared to go full out on a session. I'm not a Mentzer HIT disciple but I do believe in max effort. I personally can't see a way that I can train the way I do and go more then 2 days in a row. Thats just me and people who have trained with me also have felt the same way after training in this manner.
      Carlos Rodriguez
      IFBB Pro League BBer
      IFBB Pro League Judge
      NPC National Judge
      As iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Prov 27:17
      www.facebook.com/PastorPump

Comment

Working...
      X