Low Carb Diet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Carb Diet Question

Hey fellas had a question for some of you that have done keto type of diets in the past. I was thinking about starting diet in the next couple days different from how I normally diet and more along the lines of a keto diet.

What I was thinking about starting a very low carb diet, high protein, and moderate fat intake. My fats would be mostly from sources such as Nat PB, Olive Oil, Nuts, Cheese, eggs, cottage cheese, and fat from my meats. I do plan on eating more healthier meats (not like regular ground beef, but for instance I bought a Beef Chuck Roast today). I might throw in some bacon every once in awhile but it will probably not be a regular thing.

I was planning on having a carb day once or twice a week, and was thinking on limiting/lowering my fat intake on those days.

I was also thinking about maybe having a small amount of carbs after my workout, maybe around 25gms or so.

My goal is just to reduce bf over the next 4-6 weeks...

So my questions are:
    1. Should I limit my fat intake on my carb days
    2. Should I have the small amount of carbs after I get done working out or have no carbs and only have carbs on my carb days

Thanks for the help and any other advice you guys might have...

Originally posted by Jim550 View Post
    Hey fellas had a question for some of you that have done keto type of diets in the past. I was thinking about starting diet in the next couple days different from how I normally diet and more along the lines of a keto diet.

What I was thinking about starting a very low carb diet, high protein, and moderate fat intake. My fats would be mostly from sources such as Nat PB, Olive Oil, Nuts, Cheese, eggs, cottage cheese, and fat from my meats. I do plan on eating more healthier meats (not like regular ground beef, but for instance I bought a Beef Chuck Roast today). I might throw in some bacon every once in awhile but it will probably not be a regular thing.

I was planning on having a carb day once or twice a week, and was thinking on limiting/lowering my fat intake on those days.

I was also thinking about maybe having a small amount of carbs after my workout, maybe around 25gms or so.

My goal is just to reduce bf over the next 4-6 weeks...

So my questions are:
    1. Should I limit my fat intake on my carb days
    2. Should I have the small amount of carbs after I get done working out or have no carbs and only have carbs on my carb days

Thanks for the help and any other advice you guys might have...
    couple things that have worked well for me and others-

dont limit your fat intake on carb days, limit it with carb MEALS. save dropping fats lower on carb days for later in the diet when you plateau, carbs will need to be higher the leaner you get, so, you can drop fats down a bit on those days if you need. i hardly ever do though, if i have a meal that's not pro/carb, it's usually pro/fat most of the time....

if you have carbs PWO, that's a good way to start. if you are wanting lower carb, maybe try PWO carbs, protein shake and a high gi carb immediately after training, then 1-2 hours later another pro/carb meal this one a meat and regular carb source if you want. maybe chicken and a potato for example. your other meals could be pro/fats. then as your plateau and move toward keto, you can take out the chicken/potato meal and make it a pro/fat meal like chicken and olive oil, dropping your carbs down and only have carbs PWO, that would be a TKD (targeted keto diet).

hope this helps. good luck.
    2009- Muscle Mayhem 2nd place lightweights
    2009- Mo State Champ 1st place lightweights
    2010- Muscle Mayhem 9th place middleweights

next show
    2012- Mo State Championships middleweight

Official NANBF Judge

Comment

Working...
    X