rectal bleeding after lifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rectal bleeding after lifting?

Does this ever happen to you guys when have a really intense session like heavy leg press? I did a search here and there was one thread about a guy who had it. Lot's of web info, too.
    I'm curious if the powerlifters have this problem or hemroids from straining so much. I just had a full gastric workup and see the doc tomorrow, so no worries.
    Have you guys have ever experienced this? Seems pretty common if you believe the web. Any remedies you guys have come up with?
    If it's not fun, don't do it

I would never consider rectal bleeding common among healthy individuals.

How much bleeding are you talking?
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

I get a hemorrhoid from time to time, but any significant amount of blood in the stool is considered a medical emergency.
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
        I get a hemorrhoid from time to time, but any significant amount of blood in the stool is considered a medical emergency.
        Of course. I was just curious if it happened to you guys sometimes. Apparently, it's fairly common: http://www.livestrong.com/article/39...heavy-weights/

Comment

Skip might zap this one but here's a thread: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...fter-squatting

Comment

How about this: If blood COME OUT OF YOUR ASSHOLE after you lift weights, something is wrong. Period.
            kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
              How about this: If blood COME OUT OF YOUR ASSHOLE after you lift weights, something is wrong. Period.
              cool, i thought i was gonna have to seriously ramp up my squatting intensity....
              Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
              -John Ceasar

Comment

Sometimes when I deadlift I feel like my stomach is going to shoot out my ass, but it hasnt happened yet so nope. . .

Comment

...i think jm is on the wrong machine
                  Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                  -John Ceasar

Comment

ROTFL. words to live by. sitting at work with tears in my eyes, thanks sammich

Comment

That's why I love this board. Everybody is so freakin' helpful. Jezz ...

Comment

Whatever you do, JM, PLEASE, no pictures.

If this is not hemorrhoids, then you should definitely make a visit to the doctor. If you're not sure, visit the doctor.

Just no pictures.

-S
                        The Book Has Arrived!
                        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                          Whatever you do, JM, PLEASE, no pictures.

If this is not hemorrhoids, then you should definitely make a visit to the doctor. If you're not sure, visit the doctor.

Just no pictures.

-S
                          I was hoping I would not see pics when I opened this thread....but I still had to look.

But either way, it doesn't sound good.
                          2005 HOA Natural Classic
                          2006 OCB Midwest
                          2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                          2008 HOA Natural Classic
                          NPC Mid-Illinois
                          NPC Midwest Open
                          NPC Natural Grand Prix
                          2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                          USPA Illinois State
                          NGA Heart of America
                          NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Anyone else see that squat picture where the guy is hemorrhaging out of his ass?? its one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by jmhester1956 View Post
                              That's why I love this board. Everybody is so freakin' helpful. Jezz ...
                              Maybe we'd be more helpful if you posted fewer threads with the intelligence caliber of HEY GUYS I'M SHOOTING BLOOD OUT MY ASSHOLE WHEN I LIFT SHOULD I BE WORRIED?
                              kind of a douche

Comment

Working...
                              X