Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on blood test results....good and bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on blood test results....good and bad?

Recently obtained extensive blood test results being mostly concerned with "T" levels.

Serum "T" = 666 ng/dL

Free "T" = 12.4 pg/mL

Prolactin = 6.0 ng/mL

Estradiol = 20.0 pg/mL

Needless to say, Doc won't treat with HRT due to "T" levels.

What has me a bit concerned are a couple of the other results:

Serum creatinine = .57 mg/dL

BUN/creatinine = 44

Based on a bit of research, these levels could be linked to muscle wasting conditions and perhaps liver/kidney issues. All I've ever read on these and other boards related to creatinine were concerns with high levels. I am on a somewhat high protein diet and regularly use MG's powdered muscle so I am getting solid amounts of dietary protein/creatine.

Any thoughts?

your total t looks great, why are you looking for hrt?

is your free test within range?

Comment

Originally posted by qbkilla View Post
      your total t looks great, why are you looking for hrt?

is your free test within range?
      Just curious about my numbers more than anything. Free T is low to mid-range.

Comment

You are in healthy ranges, and if you doc isn't concerned I wouldn't be either... unless you have signs and symptoms of muscle wasting I wouldn't worry about it.
        -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
        -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
        198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
        -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
        198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
        -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
        198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
          You are in healthy ranges, and if you doc isn't concerned I wouldn't be either... unless you have signs and symptoms of muscle wasting I wouldn't worry about it.
          The creatinine is under reference range and BUN/creatinine ratio is above reference range. Doc suggest another test of both.

Comment

If you're concerned about the creatinine stuff, stop training and drop ALL supplements a week before the blood test. Heavy training and a lot of kinds of supplements will throw that WAY off.
            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
            kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
              If you're concerned about the creatinine stuff, stop training and drop ALL supplements a week before the blood test. Heavy training and a lot of kinds of supplements will throw that WAY off.
              Thanks, since getting the results I've seen that recommendation, but from what I understood training/supplements typically raise the creatinine levels. It had probably been 4-5 days of no supps before last test. Maybe I should stay on the supps for the next one!

Comment

I wouldn't be concerned....how old are you, if you are 30+ I would say those are great T levels....no rush to get on HRT, there's always time

Comment

Originally posted by bigoso View Post
                  I wouldn't be concerned....how old are you, if you are 30+ I would say those are great T levels....no rush to get on HRT, there's always time
                  Will be 50 in August. I was happy with the T levels, but got concerned when the lab flagged the creatinine and BUN/ratio. I have a younger brother on HRT..go figure.

Comment

Working...
                  X