We sure its diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We sure its diet?

Hey guys, I know a lot of you enjoy drinking diet soda during contest prep and from what I've heard it has no negative effects. When it comes in a can I'm sure there's no issue. What I'm wondering is, what about in restaurants? I have worked in 2 different restaurants, one where the soda comes out of the spray gun based on the button you push (where I'm at now) and one where it was the typical push the cup against the back portion type of drink dispenser. But how sure can I be that this is actually diet soda? Some people can taste a difference but I can't and never had much regular soda in my life to compare to. From what I understand its just bags of the soda hooked up to the machine, so what are the chances I'm just drinking regular hfcs-loaded soda while I'm there?

What about just not having diet coke/etc when you're in restaurants if you're that worried about it.

Comment

If your used to drinking diet soda and you get a regular by accident you should be able to tell. They taste nothing alike to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bodylifter View Post
        What about just not having diet coke/etc when you're in restaurants if you're that worried about it.
        Thats of course an option, but if I get to have free diet soda whenever I like there I'd like to. Especially while cutting

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
        If your used to drinking diet soda and you get a regular by accident you should be able to tell. They taste nothing alike to me.
        Hm, I really don't know. Plus at home the diet I have is root beer and fresca, in restaurants its always pepsi/coke.

So theres no regulations or anything on this type of thing?

Comment

I think you are over thinking this thing waaaaaaay to much. Restaurants should have some sort of quality control standards from the soda gun to how they cook raw foods. Go look where the boxes or bags that are hooked up and see what it says...
          Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Pretty easy to check to see it is hooked up to the correct syrup bag. The Coke or Pepsi distributor set it up and should be marked as to which hose is which where the bags or canisters are set up.
            2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
            2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
            2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
            2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
            2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
            2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
            *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
            88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
            88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

alright I'll try to check next time. We have spanish (not well spoken in English) workers there so I could see them mixing it up but I guess if it says the right bags are attached it just comes down to if the distributors are putting the right sodas in the bag which I imagine they would.

I may be overthinking it, but accidentally drinking 2 cups (each about 10-12oz) of soda per day is like 90g of sugar. Terrible almost always, but especially on a cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumped340 View Post
                Thats of course an option, but if I get to have free diet soda whenever I like there I'd like to. Especially while cutting

Hm, I really don't know. Plus at home the diet I have is root beer and fresca, in restaurants its always pepsi/coke.

So theres no regulations or anything on this type of thing?
                dude listen go buy you a diet pepsi and a regular have a drink of each and tell me you cant taste the difference.....
                Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                -John Ceasar

Comment

Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
                  dude listen go buy you a diet pepsi and a regular have a drink of each and tell me you cant taste the difference.....
                  I've done it before, I don't know why but I can't really tell. Maybe a little but I wouldn't bet on my choice. I guess I'm lucky in that sense, no reason to ever drink regular soda

Unless its cream soda that is

Comment

I doubt they'd screw it up. Some poor old diabetic lady would go into a coma and sue the piss out of everyone. Other people can taste the difference, someone would notice and say something. Very doubtful that anybody has to worry about being accidentally served the wrong soda on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by DefIguana View Post
                      I doubt they'd screw it up. Some poor old diabetic lady would go into a coma and sue the piss out of everyone. Other people can taste the difference, someone would notice and say something. Very doubtful that anybody has to worry about being accidentally served the wrong soda on a regular basis.
                      Yea thats probably true, I know my dad hates diet but loves normal coke. I had a fat chick try both at the last place I worked lol, she could tell the difference so I'm guessing I'm fine.

Comment

LOL I have done this before at a restaurant... I ordered Coke ZERO and when they brought it out I could have sworn it was regular coke.. I got pissed and told her I thought it was regular coke and had her bring me another one....

The one she brought out tasted just like it.. I realized that Coke did a damn good job making Coke Zero taste like Regular coke.... haha
                        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                        www.316fit.com
                        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                          LOL I have done this before at a restaurant... I ordered Coke ZERO and when they brought it out I could have sworn it was regular coke.. I got pissed and told her I thought it was regular coke and had her bring me another one....

The one she brought out tasted just like it.. I realized that Coke did a damn good job making Coke Zero taste like Regular coke.... haha
                          lol thats pretty funny, good testimonial

My dad said its close as well but he still gets that "diet aftertaste"

Comment

I second the diabetic thing. Today with so many diabetics out there (especially with obesity and type II on the rise), the restaurants, gas stations, etc have to be VERY careful. With fountain pop however, the shit is usually so watered-down as to make an even more ridiculous profit, I doubt even the "leaded" stuff has much for calories! ;-)
                            "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

Well, as someone who bartended their way through college at an Applebee's, DON'T EVER TRUST THE SERVER! I can remember several times where I went to swap out the syrup bag when the servers were too busy, and the person before me had fucked up and put regular on the diet line; ran through the full bag of syrup without anyone knowing.

The soda rep just drops the shit off at the door. There is zero oversight on this and managers are usually much to busy to check that it was done right. I will agree though, that this could end terribly for the restaurant if the wrong person got regular.
                              2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Working...
                              X