Protein levels in blood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein levels in blood?

The protein level in my blood is 6.0, which is the low end of normal. Barring any personal health issues, shouldn't someone who eats 150g of protein a day have a higher level of protein in the blood? Is this a sign that I am not eating the amount of protein that my body needs?

150g of protein per day? Are you sure you don't eat more than that?

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

what is you albumin levels?

Comment

Originally posted by btech View Post
        Is this a sign that I am not eating the amount of protein that my body needs?
        no

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
          150g of protein per day? Are you sure you don't eat more than that?

Skip
          It could be more than that, possibly. I am lazy, very lazy. Ever since I read Dave Tate's quote about how the guys who train at Westside eat less than a gram of protein per bodyweight, it really screwed with my head about how important protein is vs overall calories. I used to eat 200-250g a day and I am not any smaller or weaker than when I did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheedno View Post
            no
            The lady who told me what my level is said that I should "get more things like meat, or milk, you know stuff like uh, meat . . . ".

Comment

The lady who told me what my level is said that I should "get more things like meat, or milk, you know stuff like uh, meat . . . ".
              diet is rarely the cause. rarely.
              150g of protein is also quite a lot. not for a bodybuilder, in terms of creating protein synthesis for new muscle but for bodily function? 50-80g of complete protein would be sufficient for function(maybe lower in some instances).

You may have a slight absorption issue, but 6, while on the low end of normal is still not "low".

How much water had you drank the day before and/or morning of. High levels of hydration could thin the number

Comment

I used to eat 200-250g a day and I am not any smaller or weaker than when I did that.
                Then what is the overall concern here?

Protein is used for far more than just muscle growth. There are no absolutes when it comes to blood work. This falls under the category of watch, dont treat. Unless you have other symptoms that could be associated with malnutrition in the protein department, it's relatively insignificant.
                2008 DC Journal
                Use the code ECH436 at the checkout www.TrueProtein.com and save

Comment

Working...
                X