I HATE Gyms!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HATE Gyms!!!

Today I walk into my gym and stopped and looked around.

What the hell am I doing here? This place sucks ass!!

1. Shit girly music blaring away
    2. Packed full of people who dont have journals standing around talking or sitting on the bikes reading magazines.
    3. I've been with this gym through 6 different owners. The latest doesnt work here and employ's young up starts with a three month Personal trainer's course walking around showing unfit people how to hurt them selfs.
    4. I've been thrown over into a small corner full of mirrors to do my free weights. I feel like a freak being one of only a small group of guys doing the uncool movements.
    5. Young pricks hogging the benches and standing around looking at themselves and their friends in the mirror.
    6.Management not wanting me to take the bar and twenty's of the squat rack to perform deadlifts because it a tripping hazard.
    7.Having little pimple faces ask for advice on lifting. Then return to their 1000 rep bicep curls and 1 hour cardio sessions.

Last week I had a group of young guy's looking at me funny for doing farmer walks with 40kg dumbells. One built up the courage to ask what I was doing. After explaining my efforts he stated " It just looks funny".
    I then watched the same guys do bench press with 80kg on a bar. Because of Shitty form and spotter assistance, I went over to the group and asked what they were doing. "Bench" the same guy said. I said " Oh it just looks Funny".

What's happening to our gyms! Bring back the days where you knew the owner by name and cardio was done by those in the aerobics classes.

All this hatred gave me one hell of a session but if things don't change around here I'm going to turn green.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Dude, it could have been even worse... Missing from that list of horrors are people doing curls in the squat rack, plus others asking you to clear some space you need for deadlifting so they can do squats on a Swiss ball...

Comment

Or how about the cats who take one of each 5 lb dumbell to do drop sets when there is only one set of dumbells in that weight range? And they are 'just about to use that'.

I swear if I someday open a Gym there will be an etiquitte clause. Either behave the way u fucking should, or find a new gym.

J
      "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

I feel the same as you, bro!
        I'm going as motivated as possible every time just to get sick from the moment i walk into the gym.It's always crowded with dumb f*ckers doing everything but not training ,occupying equipment ,laying ,sitting and playing soccer on their phones while resting for 10minutes between sets.Last time when i approach the pullups rack and told the old b*tch that was standing there to move ,she said that she was stretching at the moment.Jesus i was supersetting heavy deadlifts with pullups and the granny said she was stretching , when there is a special aerobic corner where you can stretch.
        On the top of that the owner of the gym has the intellect of a plant and is not taking any care of the gym/equipment.Once while i was doing incline dumbell presses the f*cking bench collapsed and i almost drop the 40kg dumbells on my face !!! I immediately told that to this caveman and guess what ..2 months later the bench is still collapsing every day when someone is using it.Also there is not a single barbell that is balanced.EVERY ONE from the smallest EZ bar to the 3 olympic barbells are noticeable heavier from one side.Combine that with the stupid wooden floor that is so bumpy and you've got the recipe for solid back injury while deadlifting ..Yesterday i told the staff that it's just a matter of time for someone to get really hurt.
        However i'm searching for a new gym around my neighbourhood ,but damn here modern gyms are so f*cking overpriced..

Comment

gym's in Australia are all about young girls who feel bad about themselves so make the token effort to join a gym to update their facebook page.
          The sad thing is the gym that we at this forum dream of wouldn't survive financially.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Comment

You must just be way too hardcore and bad ass for a gym... SERIOUSLY, some of you guys need to get over yourselves.

Obviously we would all love to lift at something like Temple gym in England, or Metroflex gym in TX, or the old Golds of Venice Beach.... but the bottom line is even those gyms are full or retards, and typically those types of places can't survive.

It is the annoying people you rage about that make it possible for a gym to be within a 5-10minute drive for most people in America... Yes, maybe it would be cool if everybody was a serious bodybuilder or powerlifter.... but even those people (especially the bodybuilders) do stupid and annoying shit sometimes...

The bottom line is get off your high horse thinking your better than everybody else, likely you are not, nor am I, or anyone else on these boards... Lifting is not everybody's main concern and doesn't consume every ones life, nor should it. At least these annoying people are in the gym doing something, trying to better themselves... even if they are hugely misinformed and un-dedicated.
            -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
            -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
            198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
            -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
            198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
            -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
            198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
              .... but even those people (especially the bodybuilders) do stupid and annoying shit sometimes...
              And this is where Planet Fitness gets their ammo for the insulting "meathead" commercials they put out. The "stupid shit" we do and our attitudes. Yes people can be annoying, but sometimes you have to either tolerate it it or change your training time or place. Face it, people are not going to go away and society as a whole continues to become more socially challenged.
              -KidRok-
              "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
              5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

You must just be way too hardcore and bad ass for a gym... SERIOUSLY, some of you guys need to get over yourselves.

Obviously we would all love to lift at something like Temple gym in England, or Metroflex gym in TX, or the old Golds of Venice Beach.... but the bottom line is even those gyms are full or retards, and typically those types of places can't survive.

It is the annoying people you rage about that make it possible for a gym to be within a 5-10minute drive for most people in America... Yes, maybe it would be cool if everybody was a serious bodybuilder or powerlifter.... but even those people (especially the bodybuilders) do stupid and annoying shit sometimes...

The bottom line is get off your high horse thinking your better than everybody else, likely you are not, nor am I, or anyone else on these boards... Lifting is not everybody's main concern and doesn't consume every ones life, nor should it. At least these annoying people are in the gym doing something, trying to better themselves... even if they are hugely misinformed and un-dedicated.
                100% agree with you ,but you don't have to be a powerlifter or bodybuilder in order to return their dumbells after they've done using them, re-rack the bars and not by any action preventing me or anyone else training properly.I don't care if someone is doing dumbell curls with different dumbells to bring their lagging left arm or doing half squats with an empty EZ bar, but i do care and i get sick when someone is lying on the equipment while playing on their mobile or talking and laughing infront of the squatt rack ,when i'm doing squats .

Comment

point taken. I sound like a meathead. Thats whats good about this board it brings you back to earth when you need it.
                  BB thanks man no more horse riding

Comment

I despise those planet fitness commercials, my gym is pretty straight actually for an upscale golds, ile deadlift; heavy ass dumbbells, luckily the staff actually know Wyatt eyre doing because this is the first time I've ween a whole training staff that actually competes, it's the bystanders that say hey I know I'm 240 and your 150 could you take it easier on the weights as I'm showing em up as they try to impress there gf's. Just think at least your not lifting with chains and shackles in Iraq and benching with rebar and buckets oh while getting shot at and it's 148 outside and you wear full gear, ur gym seems pretty nice u just gotta work around the kinks, maybe bring in your own harebell and donate a bench to em and then you have no complaints

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok View Post
                      Yes people can be annoying, but sometimes you have to either tolerate it it or change your training time or place. .
                      Exactly....even at 3am the douches are there, but you learn to ignore and take care of the business you walked in the door for....
                      Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

I go to LA Fitness...only reason is because the equipment is great, but the people SUCK.

On a regular basis I see people using the POWER rack with an EMPTY bar to do 10 sets of curls. Groups of 3 or 4 DBAGS spotting eachother on curls, in the squat rack, is also the norm.

The other day, I brought the incline bench from the DB area into the power rack so I could do BB incline in the power rack, since I didn't have a spotter. LA Fitness guy actually came over to me and told me to put it back. I see people doing SITUPS in the power rack, and I am told to put the bench back. This same LA Fitness guy loads up 5 plates and does 2 inch ROM rack pulls and then yells when hes done.

Commercial gyms just suck. I want to build a home gym, but I would like to do DC one day.

Damn I am fired up now...

Comment

I hope this thread doesn't turn into one similar to another board that bashes gym goers because they don't workout like they think they should. Why even look around and pay attention to other people. Its one thing if you're waiting for the squat rack and someone is doing curls in it. If so then be a man, go over and talk to them. If not, who gives a shit what they are doing it in. You're supposed to be there to lift, so do it.

Comment

Great post... People are funny sometimes... The ones that freak out about the people at their gym and how no one is hardcore - they are usually the wannabes that hardly have any size on them in the first place.

Not that this is strewwth, just my observation from people I know that do the same thing..

I am happy to have a gym that has cute girls to look at, decent people around me, and is open 24 hours... All that other shit doesn't bother me.
                            Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                            FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                            www.316fit.com
                            Email: [email protected]

Comment

nice post 100% agree.... and not only does it give us the luxury of a 5 minute drive, but you can get a membership for 20-30 bucks a month

Comment

Working...
                              X