Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fat vs protein

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fat vs protein

    Yet another thread from me guys ,hope you don't get sick .
    Yesterday i met and talked with one the best nationals here and i've asked him some questions regarding diet that i want to discuss with you ,too.
    I knew that he was always doing zero carb approach ,only greens but the thing that i didn't know was that he was also doing very low fats.Only fish oil caps.He also told me that if i have let's say 1000kcal to spend - first i have to take care of the EFA's (fish oil) and the rest i should consume in lean protein, cuz they are the only essential macronutrients for the body.He explained that because the body cannot use fat for tasks that relies on glucose and the opposite this is the best way to diet if one is following zero carb approach if the final results is getting really shredded.
    What do you think about that guys?

  • #2
    0 carbs and only fish oil capsules as fats to me would be drastic measures only. You're going to feel like absolute shit doing that. Your training will suffer, your mood will suffer, your wife/girlfriend will hate you, lol.

    I'd be shocked if he started his diet like that. Perhaps for the last several weeks he does that.

    Don't deal in absolutes or paint yourself into a corner as far as one method working better than another.

    Comment


    • #3
      Judging by the title of your thread, it is definitely not fat VS. protein that you should be debating or thinking critically about.

      Adequate protein is your constant when dieting for anyone who wants to spare lean tissue. Adequate, however, depends on the context of the rest of the diet.

      Generally speaking, as carbs go up the need for protein and fats goes down, and as carbs go down the need for protein and fats goes up.

      One more point: If you lined up the top 10 guys at nationals and asked them the same questions, you'd get 10 different answers, too.

      Comment


      • #4
        not only would you feel like garbage on that approach... but you would be flat as hell all the time... did he talk at all about refeeds?
        -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
        -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
        198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
        -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
        198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
        -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
        198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

        Comment


        • #5
          Sounds very silly IMO.
          Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes, he does refeed once a week.By fat vs pro i mean that if your daily caloric intake is 2000kcal he will go high pro and only EFA's rather than moderate fats and moderate protein.
            The point is that i really want to get shredded this time.I have some very shitty metabolism and although i look very lean at first look i'm holding fat everywhere especially on my thighs calves lower back under the chest triceps ...and it's that kind of fat that never seem to go away and i was never able to look really shredded you know ..i've been thinking of hiring Skip but by the standarts in the country that i live in it's like buying a new car and i can't afford it.
            I have like 13 weeks to get in the best shape of my life for a photo-shot and local magazine competition so every bit of help is much much appreciated.

            I'll start a journal here today and write on a daily basis ,so you know ..keep your eyes open for it haha

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by darkhorizon View Post
              Yes, he does refeed once a week.By fat vs pro i mean that if your daily caloric intake is 2000kcal he will go high pro and only EFA's rather than moderate fats and moderate protein.
              The point is that i really want to get shredded this time.I have some very shitty metabolism and although i look very lean at first look i'm holding fat everywhere especially on my thighs calves lower back under the chest triceps ...and it's that kind of fat that never seem to go away and i was never able to look really shredded you know ..i've been thinking of hiring Skip but by the standarts in the country that i live in it's like buying a new car and i can't afford it.
              I have like 13 weeks to get in the best shape of my life for a photo-shot and local magazine competition so every bit of help is much much appreciated.

              I'll start a journal here today and write on a daily basis ,so you know ..keep your eyes open for it haha
              You should post your diet.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                You should post your diet.
                Agreed. We can help you with that. There are easier ways to get shredded than pro+fish oil pills.. God i would hate my life with that.
                Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer


                Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                www.316fit.com
                Email: [email protected]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok guys, here is a sample day.I eat like that for 6 days than sklipload on sunday.
                  Meal 1:2 whole large eggs 4 egg whites 2 fish oil caps 1 cup steamed spinach
                  Meal 2:155g chicken breast 12 almonds/hazelnuts 2 fish oil caps 1 cup spinach
                  Meal 3:Same as meal 2
                  Meal 4:Same as meal 2
                  Meal 5:PWO 50g WPI 2 fish oil caps
                  Meal 6:175 g no fat/no carb cottage cheese(we really have great diary industry here in Bulgaria) 12 almonds/hazelnuts 2 fish oil caps 1 cup spinach

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think people will need your weight/training info/cardio ect ect to make any useful suggestions.

                    That looks to be pretty low calorie around 250p/45f/trace carbs?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ^^^ you got macros for that? Easier to deal with.

                      And of course info about you and preferably pics. Can't help if we don't know what we're working with.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'll get some new pics asap.Yeah it's pretty low(230-40p 55f and trace carbs) ,but even that low with 5x45min cardio/week i'm not dropping weights/not getting visually leaner.I hope with added skipload things will change.

                        I'm 180cm 78kg currently.I'll take stats Sunday before the skipload.I'm sure that i'm predominantly endmorph.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by darkhorizon View Post
                          I'll get some new pics asap.Yeah it's pretty low(230-40p 55f and trace carbs) ,but even that low with 5x45min cardio/week i'm not dropping weights/not getting visually leaner.I hope with added skipload things will change.

                          I'm 180cm 78kg currently.I'll take stats Sunday before the skipload.I'm sure that i'm predominantly endmorph.
                          You're calories are pretty low, I'm sure your metabolism is in the shitter.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                            You're calories are pretty low, I'm sure your metabolism is in the shitter.
                            Any suggestions.I've tried different approaches and i really mean the last 3 years i've been dieting 4 times and every time results are the same.I get to where i am now and i just cannot lean out any further.I pretty much started to think that i just won't get to where i want ,no matter what i do.I mean i really am killing myself ,training 6days/week doing cardio ,dieting and eating clean year round just to look like guys that are not doing 10% of what i'm doing..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Look man, if some is good, more is not always better.

                              If you could feasibly eat nothing and get even leaner, there would be someone out there who would.

                              You need to take a week, maybe two (How long have you been dieting on those macros? Do you have an accurate estimate of lean body mass? How long have you been stagnant?) to reprogram/repair your metabolism, put some carbs back in to repair leptin/thyroid function, etc.

                              Are you taking any "super" fat-burners, e.g. clen/T3, etc.? (<--Hopefully I can ask that in this section).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X