Carb cycling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb cycling

Without giving too much info, where would you guys eat your carbs when eating low carbs and try to slowly lean out. This is my current plan:

Meal 1: P/C and some fats
    Meal 2: P/F
    Meal 3: P/F
    Meal 4: P/F
    Meal 5 (pre-workout): P/C
    Meal 6 (post-workout): P/C
    Meal 7 (pre-bed): P/F

Keeping carbs around 150-225g on both training and non-training days. Above is a lifting days sample and on non-training days, I'm currently having my first three meals as P/C meals, and the rest are P/F. On the lifting days though, i'm unsure about the first meal choice. Wouldn't it be better for fat loss to have a longer period without carbs? I could then move my Meal 1 P/C to Meal 4, and eat P/F for breakfast instead. Thoughts?

Note: I currently do not have refeeds planned, but usually cheat for 1-3 meals on week-ends.
    Use the following discount code: BDB830 and save 5 to 10% on your order at www.trueprotein.com

Have you watched the longevity DVD? If not watch it. Skip shows in the video PF then 2 PC meals the rest PF unless its a training day then PC after workout then back to PF. Refeeds should be done to keep metabolism going can start at a 6 hour refeed and go up from there if your not sure about it. All this is info and a TON more on the FREE DVD.
    2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
    2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
    2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
    2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
    2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
    2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
    *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
    88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
    88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Hartley View Post
      Have you watched the longevity DVD? If not watch it. Skip shows in the video PF then 2 PC meals the rest PF unless its a training day then PC after workout then back to PF. Refeeds should be done to keep metabolism going can start at a 6 hour refeed and go up from there if your not sure about it. All this is info and a TON more on the FREE DVD.
      I've listened to most of it. I guess i'll go back to the nutrition part.

For this kind of diet, would the refeed consist of high GI or low GI carbs? Those timed refeeds scare me, because when I can eat as much as I want, it's usually not pretty...
      Use the following discount code: BDB830 and save 5 to 10% on your order at www.trueprotein.com

Comment

Skip advises High GI, you want to eat till your satisfied not miserable

Comment

Originally posted by bernimx View Post
          I've listened to most of it. I guess i'll go back to the nutrition part.

For this kind of diet, would the refeed consist of high GI or low GI carbs? Those timed refeeds scare me, because when I can eat as much as I want, it's usually not pretty...
          I thought the same thing!!!! You will be suprised!!!!

Comment

I now workout in the morning so here's what I do.

M1: P + C (pre-workout)
            M2: P + C (post-workout)
            M3 at noon: P + C
            M4: P + F
            M5: P + F
            M6: P + F

On non-training days (I train M-W-F), I keep the carbs on two meals instead of three, usually my first two of the day. I would move them more toward the middle of the day if I was doing cardio in the morning though.

So I hit 225g of carbs on training days, and 150g on off days.

I'll diet like this for 3-4 weeks, and see if I see a need to drop them a little from there... On the long run, am I getting depleted eating only that amount of carbs? I mean, should I implement a high carb day once a week (let's say I don't want to skipload for now), let's say on sundays, where i'd hit 350g or so?

Comment

I think your best bet is trial and error. Run each option for 4 weeks and evaluate. Take measurements and pics to have a better gauge. That's my opinion.
              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I would move all of your PC meals to the meals directly after your workout... PF all day until the workout, then do all your PC meals. On non training days I would put your PC meals as your last meals of the day. I know these seem sort of out of the normal bodybuilding dogma, but check this stuff out first...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21475137

As far as needing a high carb day I would hold off unless you start to slow down on your progress with weight loss, or if you start feeling lethargic and weak... in which case go ahead and add a high carb day of say 350-500g of carbohydrats.
                -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
                -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
                198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
                -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
                198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
                -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
                198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

What are some thoughts of having a p+c+f meal for breakfast on a wo day when training in the evening?

Comment

where can one get the free DVD? i personally never had much sucess with the refeed thingy back years ago, but id def like to see the dvd and learn about skips ideas. refeeds are def fun though i miss them

Comment

Originally posted by qbkilla View Post
                      where can one get the free DVD? i personally never had much sucess with the refeed thingy back years ago, but id def like to see the dvd and learn about skips ideas. refeeds are def fun though i miss them
                      Free link to longevity on the homepage

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                        What are some thoughts of having a p+c+f meal for breakfast on a wo day when training in the evening?
                        I don't see a problem with it... it all depends on what your trying to do.... but that could be fit into most plans.
                        -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
                        -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
                        198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
                        -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
                        198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
                        -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
                        198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
                          I don't see a problem with it... it all depends on what your trying to do.... but that could be fit into most plans.
                          I was thinking of a few options Jeff.
                          As well as having part of the pwo shake pre and intra, similar to the way massive g prescribes his powder muscle product. Then following that up with a whole food p+c meal after and/ or the next morning. If the next morning then in lieu of the p+c+f meal breakfast on wo day. I hope that doesn't sound confusing.lol. The goal would be lean gains

Comment

Working...
                          X