2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
    2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
    2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
    2008 NPC Ohio State
    2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
      Mercola is a nut
      Really? I kind of thought he had some radical views on things. Thanks for the heads up.
      If it's not fun, don't do it

Comment

Can you quote what you find radical, interesting, or out of the ordinary?

I think this is pretty commonly known stuff in the Internet bodybuilding community.

Comment

The quote I provided below seems a bit extreme and potentially confusing for those who are relatively uninformed about whey protein. For the most part this article isn't too radical, however, Dr. Mercola does have a reputation as having an extremely polarizing view on all things health related.

"Whey isolate can be a serious liability.

If chronically consumed in large amounts (such as with bodybuilders or athletes) without alkalizing foods, it can acidify your body and over time may lead to metabolic acidosis with consequences that include waste of muscle and bone tissues, total metabolic shut down, and increased vulnerability to degenerative disease.

Many cheap whey protein isolates are produced from acid cheese; they're byproducts of acid processing, which is a cheap way to separate whey from the curd. Most of these whey products are rated below pet foods because of the inferior quality of the protein, which is actually more of a nitrogen waste product than one that will produce health benefits that are mentioned in the featured study."

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
            Can you quote what you find radical, interesting, or out of the ordinary?

I think this is pretty commonly known stuff in the Internet bodybuilding community.
            x2

Comment

LOL at his chart of grams leucine per 100g food.

I like how the whey protein is at the top of the list and cows milk is at the bottom... even though whey comes from cows milk. hmmm

Shocking that the food that was dehydrated has the highest content.... pointless table is pointless
              2008 DC Journal
              Use the code ECH436 at the checkout www.TrueProtein.com and save

Comment

Fail
                2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
                2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
                2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
                2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
                2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
                2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
                *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
                88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
                88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

This is from another one of his articles or sales pitch.

An area I feel that’s critically important whenever developing an elite brand of whey protein powder is whether to use whey concentrate or whey isolate in the formula.

This is an area that often gets glossed over and one I feel deserves more attention. And talk about an area of major confusion… many supposed experts favor whey isolate. But to me, they’ve not thoroughly done their homework on this.

And why is that?

Here are some of the reasons I’m NOT in favor of using isolates in any protein powder… because whey isolate…

Is derived from pasteurized dairy and processed with heat and acid.
                  Goes through a process that removes the fat which in turn removes important components of whey’s immunological properties… healthful properties such as phospholipids, phosphatidylserine, and cortisol.
                  Cheats you out of IgG immunoglobulins, which are excellent sources of glutamine and cysteine bound to fat globules.
                  Hinders your body from effectively assimilating proteins in this isolated form.
                  Is deficient in key amino acids and nutritional cofactors.
                  The bottom line with whey isolate… if you over-process the protein and remove the fat, you’re left with clearly inferior whey protein.

That’s why I promote whey concentrate… from raw unpasteurized milk… from grass-fed cows… and cold processed to avoid over-processing and heat damage.

Comment

Science based medicine ran an article not so long ago ...
                    .......9 Reasons to Completely Ignore Joseph Mercola
                    "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
                    J.M.

Comment

Working...
                    X