Calling all HRT users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all HRT users

For those of you on HRT what are your experiences? Do you take it solo or with HCG and an anti-e? I am somewhat nervous about who I use as my endo or doc. I have read up a lot online and it seems some docs just prescribe whatever to bring the levels up and thats all they care about. I am not sure how to weed out a good one from a bad one. Knowing for sure I will get the right treatment.
    Also wanted to see if anyone has used Chip at REMOVED
    There is basically a whole forum on his treatments and how they are the best on this forum REMOVED

Other than that I cant find a lot of information on Chip and his company. The forum has many members than leave there docs and go to Chip for assistance. Although you can not use insurance with his services. Which I dont understand since you are still prescribed prescriptions.

I hope to get some good responses on this. I wanna make sure I take the right steps and get what I need to start with. Than to screw something else up....

------

MODERATOR NOTE: I have removed links to the "Chip's" website and his Q and A thread at a site where he is a paying sponsor, as 1.) he is not a sponsor here and 2.)he does not accept insurance which seems to be mandatory for you, AcE001. Feel free to PM Ken "Skip" Hill if you feel these links need to be restored.

-Scott (homonunculus)
    Last edited by homonunculus; 05-10-2011, 01:24 PM.

I'm taking 100ml/week of Test C split into 2 doses (Sunday & Wednesday)
    Also 500iu HCG per week split into 2 doses (Saturday & Tuesday)

Never heard of Chip. Where are you located? There are a lot of good docs out there. Unless you are trying to play the system I don't think I would use an online doc.
    Bryan

Colorado Patriot Guard Rider

Comment

Not playing the system thats for sure. Free and total test is 197. Free test is 69.9
      I really dont want to use someone online. I guess I read so much on that forum I posted that it worries me about using just anybody. I am located in TN

Comment

Any recommendations for Nashville TN to Huntsville Alabama
        Last edited by AcE001; 05-10-2011, 11:20 AM. Reason: Double posted

Comment

When I first started I flew to Philly to se a doc there, Dr Overbeck. Stayed with him for 1 year. They wanted me to come back for a yearly checkup and pay $500 for the office visit :tape2:

Dr Chrisler is in Michigan. He has his own HRT type forum, allthingsmale.com
          Lot of good info there. Someone may be able to help you find a decent doc locally.

I seem to have a good doc here in Colorado. Hope nothing changes with him especially since he's covered with my insurance
          Bryan

Comment

Insurance is a biggie for me also.. Hopefully someone will chime in with a local doc. Do you use any anti-e

Comment

No, haven't had the need. That's one of the other benefits of splitting the dose, you aren't getting so much at once. The other benefit is you aren't going 1 or 2 weeks between shots which will have you levels high then tapering off a lot before your next shot.
              Bryan

Comment

Dude, I think you are way over thinking this. First off, how old are you? Are you planning on having kids?
                If you decide to choose HRT and you want insurance to pay for it, I'll bet anything that your doc is going to prescribe Androgel first and see if it helps. It works just fine for me and less of a pain than shots.
                If you feel better seeing an endo, get your doc to recommend one. Even a regular endo can handle HRT pretty well. I've found that endos are pretty smart guys and near the top of the doc food chain.
                The only serious decision you need to consider is whether your symptoms are bad enough to warrent going on meds for the rest of your natural life. Don't go by the numbers, go by your symptoms.
                BTW-Been on HRT for 5 years myself and currently 55 yo.
                If it's not fun, don't do it

Comment

I am 28 and yes I plan to have kids. I have enough symptoms and a short fuse that I wanna do something bout it. Otherwise it's gonna have an effect on my marriage and many other things i'n life. I don't want to use the gel and I have plenty of reasons why. If they only wanna use it I can try another doc. I am confident my doc will do what I want within reason considering I know the family personally.

Comment

Originally posted by AcE001 View Post
                    I have enough symptoms and a short fuse that I wanna do something bout it.
                    Now that's a new one. When my T is low, I cry at chick flicks and eat ice cream. Guess everybody is different!
                    If it's not fun, don't do it

Comment

Originally posted by AcE001 View Post
                      I am 28 and yes I plan to have kids. I have enough symptoms and a short fuse that I wanna do something bout it. Otherwise it's gonna have an effect on my marriage and many other things i'n life. I don't want to use the gel and I have plenty of reasons why. If they only wanna use it I can try another doc. I am confident my doc will do what I want within reason considering I know the family personally.
                      I'd like to understand the chain of events since you posted this thread asking about Chip's online services (with advertising links) and now when you seem to have found a Doc / have a Doc whose family you know personally and will prescribe you what you want...

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I am not saying the doc will prescribe what I want. I dont think that. I just think that the doc knows me well enough that if I ask not to be put on the gel we can look at another option. I worked with skip a while back so maybe he can vouch for me not having tremendous gains and progress. I learned so much with Skip and was amazed at the attention he gave me as a client. Hopefully once I got my hormones straightened out I am gonna work with skip again. I started doing research and talk to some local guys and they recommended I have my total and free test levels checked along with the thyroid. So I did this and my test levels came back at 197 which is extremely low for my age. I just want to make sure I make the right steps and do whats best for me and my future. Now that I look back it my wife asks frequently why I dont want sex or make a move anymore. At first I just figured that was part of married life but maybe the test levels are effecting it. Almost feels like I am PMSing all the time
                        Last edited by AcE001; 05-10-2011, 02:35 PM. Reason: add text

Comment

AcE001,

You might ask Skip or consider a PCT protocol if appropriate for you, given your history with supp's.

-S
                          The Book Has Arrived!
                          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Working...
                          X