Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Guinea Pig Experiment

Yeah .... it takes me a while.

Finally wanted to post some details of what the Guinea Pig experiment is and how it is going. It is very simple, really, and most of you know that when others preach on the boards about what works and what doesn't, I PROVE what works and what doesn't and I don't believe anyone until I see it for myself. I have debunked many concepts that people seem to think are either tried and true or written in stone over the last 10 years.

The latest? I took on 15 people to see whether the carb source matters or not. This has NOTHING to do with health, this is entirely about whether you can lose body fat, gain muscle (or maintain muscle) and improve your condition. We are monitoring strength gains, bodyweight, hunger, etc.. Pretty much all of the things you would monitor on any other diet.

I honestly wasn't sure and had no real preconceived notions going in. I did think it was very possible that the carb sources didn't matter but .... just wanted to see first hand.

The results SO FAR (after 2 months)?? Every single person of the 15 that are committed and consistent are losing body fat and gaining strength without hunger being any more of an issue than with clean carb sources. Of the 15 I have 3 or 4 that aren't 100% consistent for different reasons but the others that are, the results are blatantly clear: It doesn't matter what the carb source is.

The guidelines for carbs sources for this diet are simple, as well: They cannot be clean carb sources - they HAVE to be refined carbs with low fat just as you would use for a Skipload. You can even use full-flavor SODA. That means these guys are eating pancakes, cereal, low-fat cookies, you name it. They are essentially using the same carb sources that they are Skiploading with on the weekends. And, yes, they are STILL SKIPLOADING.

The experiment isn't done yet as we still have about another month or so but I don't anticipate the results changing, all of a sudden, after being successful for the first 2 months.

What does this prove? Not much for health because I have no idea whether this would be a good idea for your health or what impact it would have on your blood panel. What it clearly shows to ME is that even contest prep may be changing for my clients very soon. Oh, and if you hear someone argue that I am nuts or this can't work, just know they don't have a fucking clue. They are simply regurgitating what they have HEARD from others. I know it will work because I am seeing it first hand.

I would encourage my clients that are doing this plan to get in here and freely discuss their results, so far, with anyone that has any questions.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Awesome info Skip, thanks for sharing some details with us. I have two questions for any of the guinea pigs that wish to answer:

1. Skip mentioned that hunger is not really different than when eating clean carbs, but my question is how do you feel while/after eating? In other words, do you feel more/less bloat, cramps, tired etc?

2. Also, how is digestion etc from eating more refined vs say oatmeal/brown rice, less fiber? This might be personal, but are you seeing any difference in say, bathroom situations, being constipated etc.?

Thank you
    Mike

Comment

Really good info skip.

At the end of the experiment will you do a complete overview and share the results?

Comment

I will let the other answers, as well, but I was more surprised by the hunger issue because I expected there to be more hunger due to less fiber and faster digestion of the carbs but that doesn't seem to be happening. Is there hunger? Yes, but it doesn't appear to be any different or significantly different than with clean carbs.

Also, the bloat is DOWN for most because with refined carbs you have more carbs in a smaller volume of food. Distention is being reported to be down in most clients.

This whole thing is very interesting.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
          Yeah .... it takes me a while.

Finally wanted to post some details of what the Guinea Pig experiment is and how it is going. It is very simple, really, and most of you know that when others preach on the boards about what works and what doesn't, I PROVE what works and what doesn't and I don't believe anyone until I see it for myself. I have debunked many concepts that people seem to think are either tried and true or written in stone over the last 10 years.

The latest? I took on 15 people to see whether the carb source matters or not. This has NOTHING to do with health, this is entirely about whether you can lose body fat, gain muscle (or maintain muscle) and improve your condition. We are monitoring strength gains, bodyweight, hunger, etc.. Pretty much all of the things you would monitor on any other diet.

I honestly wasn't sure and had no real preconceived notions going in. I did think it was very possible that the carb sources didn't matter but .... just wanted to see first hand.

The results SO FAR (after 2 months)?? Every single person of the 15 that are committed and consistent are losing body fat and gaining strength without hunger being any more of an issue than with clean carb sources. Of the 15 I have 3 or 4 that aren't 100% consistent for different reasons but the others that are, the results are blatantly clear: It doesn't matter what the carb source is.

The guidelines for carbs sources for this diet are simple, as well: They cannot be clean carb sources - they HAVE to be refined carbs with low fat just as you would use for a Skipload. You can even use full-flavor SODA. That means these guys are eating pancakes, cereal, low-fat cookies, you name it. They are essentially using the same carb sources that they are Skiploading with on the weekends. And, yes, they are STILL SKIPLOADING.

The experiment isn't done yet as we still have about another month or so but I don't anticipate the results changing, all of a sudden, after being successful for the first 2 months.

What does this prove? Not much for health because I have no idea whether this would be a good idea for your health or what impact it would have on your blood panel. What it clearly shows to ME is that even contest prep may be changing for my clients very soon. Oh, and if you hear someone argue that I am nuts or this can't work, just know they don't have a fucking clue. They are simply regurgitating what they have HEARD from others. I know it will work because I am seeing it first hand.

I would encourage my clients that are doing this plan to get in here and freely discuss their results, so far, with anyone that has any questions.

Skip
          I like it!! So how come i wasn't chosen to be a guinea pig huh????? :poking:

Seriously though, outside of the box thinking is how things evolve and get more efficient...imagine if you had your own lab and such to put some 'science' (i use the term loosely) behind the experiment??? Although, 'seeing it work' is as exact as it can get IMO. thanks for sharing Skip.
          2005 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 4th
          2007 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 2nd
          2008 - INBF NYC Hercules - 1st Novice
          2009 - INBF Barbados Universe - Open - 2nd
          2010 - INBF Naturalmania NYC- Open - 1st Heavyweight
          2011 - INBF World Championships - Open - 3rd

Comment

Michael, I have noticed that my regularity is not as great when using high GI carbs instead of the fibrous carbs like oatmeal, brown rice, etc. I am still eating fibrous veggies like broccoli, cauliflower as often as I can, but I have started to take 2 tea spoons of psylium husk fiber supplement to help out with that as well.

For your first question, depending on the carb source i use, I can hold a little water and crash energy wise afterward. In my the past, I have always dieted low carb and so dieting on moderate carbs (and high GI ones at that) is definitely a new experience for my body.

I work in an office environment, and i pretty much have unlimited access to various cereals, crackers, bagels, toast, jelly, apple juice, orange juice, cranberry juice, so I have been using those as my carb sources. It makes things a lot easier when all I have to pack is my protein sources for the day.

Comment

Thinking about it now, that makes sense that bloat and distention are actually down due to eating less volume to get the same amount, as well as not eating as many fibrous sources that would slow things down so to speak would relieve some of that distention?

Young: thanks for the quick answer, I look forward to more details from questions others may have as well as the final results. Congratulations also on working with Skip.

Comment

This may be a silly question as most would depend upon the individual, but is there a difference in progress between this way and going with healthy clean carbs? Are you noticing faster or slower progress? Or is it about the same since the calories are going to be the same in either direction?
                Originally posted by MoGeaYuglay
                "DC is for people who are seriously stuck or advanced (which a 16 year is not, even if they started training at 5y/o), here's 5x5 (insert madcow's link), you'll grow better with this
                -the management"
                "Any action without purpose is meaningless."

Comment

Protip: HOLY FUCKING BABY MOSES IN A BASKET THIS SHIT WORKS AND WORKS WELL.
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

Yup it works!

I have lost almost 3" from my waist. I sometimes get a little hungry but nothing that I wouldnt expect from a normal diet. Its great to be honest.

My program needed a little adjusting but I think Skip has nailed it now as im dropping well.

My main carb sources are cinimon and raisen bagels, jams, noodles, haribo sweets, pancakes and cereals.

Tbh it really hasnt felt like a diet due to all the sweet stuff.

Im enjoying it and I think Skip has worked wonders with this one.

Comment

Like I've said for a while, net calories are net calories. I think the macros might matter a bit more, but Skip taking the initiative to "prove" this just backs up what science has shown for years...

Nice job Skip, and thanks for posting your findings... makes dieting and life much easier when you don't have to constantly stress about the small stuff.
                      -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
                      -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
                      198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
                      -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
                      198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
                      -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
                      198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Skip-are we talking about using ANY carbs THROUGHOUT the day or just post workout. if its all day, then are they using fruits, fruit juices, soda, candy etc.....

Comment

I'm really interested to hear what the guinea pigs have to say about this. Also any other vets that wanna chip in.
                          TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

Cool! There may be some huge benefits to this. I remember back when I took neurology my professor mentioned that the hypothalamus regulates appetite mostly based on sugar levels. Of course there are other chemicals that come into play but have you ever noticed how you can eat a huge plate of steak and veggies and you are still hungry with a distended stomach? Then you have something sweet and now you are good! Another plus is that sugar increases serotonin = much happier dieter.

Comment

Skip:
                              You may not know the answer to this yet until you see the full results and possibly blood panels, but due to the higher GI carbs' affect on hormone levels (insulin, glucagon etc)is this diet something you may recommend for longer term dieters ie months and months, or more for short term guys looking to lean out/precontest (the way you have it here for example only being three months?)

Comment

Working...
                              X