Ckd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ckd

i have been doing a research about goin keto .. i am very sensible to carbs , tried carb-cycling but it didnt work out the way i expected , i have seen myself gaining fat with 2600kcal since my bf went higher (today 14%), i am pretty interested in going keto .. 5 days on ketosis 2 day outta
    which option you guys d choose ?
    trying one more time carb-cycling lowering down the carbs
    (something like 70cho250prot70fat in low days / 120cho250prot 50fat medium / 300gcho 250prot 30fat / high- carbs day ) ?
    orrr try ketosis for the first-time ?
    does any of you have had great results going no carbs ?
    Thank You Guys
    i am really needin some help

Andre

did my best in reading and searching , and i will try the lean gains diet this time , hoping i made a right bet .. thnks

Comment

What are your goals?

Bottom line is that if you are eating too many calories it doesn't matter what diet approach you use, you will continue to gain fat. You likely need to cut your calories back.

That being said, I feel the IF of lean gains is very simple and easy to follow. Try it out, cut your calories back a bit, and put 80% of your carbs post workout and I think you will likely see favorable results.

Again though more information as far as training experience, height, age, weight, goals, would make it easier to offer advice.
      Last edited by bbjeff86; 05-02-2011, 11:52 AM. Reason: bad english
      -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
      -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
      198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
      -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
      198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
      -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
      198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
        What are your goals?

Bottom line is that if you are eating too many calories it doesn't matter what diet approach you use, you will continue to gain fat. You likely need to cut your calories back.

That being said, I the IF of lean gains is very simple and easy to follow. Try it out, cut your calories back a bit, and put 80% of your carbs post workout and I think you will likely see favorable results.

Again though more information as far as training experience, height, age, weight, goals, would make it easier to offer advice.
        I agree with you .
        another thing to be considered is that i gain weight with a really low amount of calories , i want to get as lean as possible , something around 8%bf , i am by 14% now.
        I will try to Train Fasted , and 2 meals only / eating 1200kcal post workout and another 400-500kcal on the second meal.
        Im 19yo , training since 15 when i was a fat sad kid on a lay of 41%Bf
        5'7 and 190pounds.
        all help d be aprreciated , thank you guys

andre

Comment

Here would be my recommendations.

Don't drop so drastically to 1600-1700kcals/day if you were at 2600 before, unless you are gaining weight crazy fast currently.

I would try something like this.

Pre-workout: 10g BCAA (drink at least half before workout)
          Workout: finishing BCAA
          Meal #1: 125g carbohydrates, 125g protein, only trace amounts of fat from carbs and protein (1000 calories total)
          Meal #2: 75g protein, 17g fat, 38g carbohydrates(600 calories total)
          Meal #3: 50g protein, 22g fat, only trace amounts of carbohydrates(400 calories total)

This would put you at a total of 250g protein, 165g carbohydrates, and 40g of fat/day (2000 calores/day)

I'm not sure how many days you are working out, but on your non workout days I would just eliminate the pre-workout BCAA, and meal #1 so you would only be eating meal #2 & #3.

One day per week (what day would depend on your workout split, but preferably a non training day I would eat as much protein and carbs as possible for a 8 hour window, limiting fat as much as possible)

I think this would be a better place to start rather than cutting it back as much as you were thinking.

If you need more help, or adjustments with your training feel free to send me a PM.
          -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)

Comment

bbjeff86
            You 're really helping me , thank you .
            By eating one day week a lot of carbs and protein , limiting fat , wouldnt it be something like a skipload?
            I just got home after my first workout fasted , everything seemed ok , didnt fell bad at all .
            I will save your scheme and will use it , and just wondering .. have you been you IF ? did you like it ?
            Thanks

Andre

Comment

Andre,

Yes it would be like a skipload, EXACTLY! it also gives you a mental break and something to look forward too.

I have been IFing for the past 3 months and love it! I have not been trying to loose weight like you, just get bigger and stronger, while not getting any more fat.

So far I have put on around 5lbs, and decreased my body fat by around 3%.

Comment

Nice man , im glad to hear it good luck with your diet ..
                by your avatar pic you look thick ! and 3%bf its a great number , i got to burn something like 5pounds of pure fat to down 3% ..
                about the skipload i ll try it , have seen some great stuff about it
                and it seems dat bulking with if should be great to keep sensible bf
                lets give a six week try ! thanks

andre

Comment

Working...
                X