Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite intermediate to advanced routine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite intermediate to advanced routine?

What do you believe is the most effective routines you have used for intermediate? Below listed is a few that interest me:
    - 3 on 1 off massive g routine in futures sticky
    - iron addicts spbr. http://www.bodybuilding.net/powerlif...tine-3051.html
    -Lyle mcdonalds program http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=1696
    -max OT

Thanks
    Last edited by fixation; 05-02-2011, 07:28 AM.

Should of added I'm a little over 6 foot,
    230 and relatively lean. Was training dc but I don't believe I'm ready. I like the idea of hitting the body more than once a week and would like to drop back to a suitable program. Open to all ideas and opinions.
    Thanks

Comment

Particularly I'd like to hear what routines you guys used just before you begun dc?
      What you found to be the most affective routines to get there? Or even how you train if you don't always do DC?

Comment

I think 5x5 works pretty well.
        TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

I have not done DC, but have done 5X5 and SPBR and like them.

Do you have a link for the Massive G 3 on 1 off routine you mentioned?
          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....ll+legs&page=2
            beautiful looking routine which Ive decided I will follow.
            Last edited by fixation; 04-30-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

had to fix link that should work now. if it doesnt search push pull legs in the advanced search and put massive g in the username part so it looks up posts by him.
              Last edited by fixation; 04-30-2011, 09:59 AM.

Comment

A very simple but effective horizontal/vertical routine I used for a long time.

A

Push press 3x6 (alternate exercises: one arm DB push presses, wide grip upright rows, regular press)
                RDL 1x6-12 (alternate exercises: Rack pulls, high pulls, hang cleans)
                Weighted chins 3x6 (alternate exercises: Hammer Strength pulldowns, cable pulldowns, weighted pull ups)
                Tricep work 30 rep rest pause (usual picks for these were: floor skulls, tricep pushdowns, Skip extensions, always long head work)
                Ab work 1x20 (usual picks for these were: Pallof presses, ab wheel, weighted planks, etc.)

B

Squat 3x5 (alternate exercises: front squats, bulgarian split leg squats, leg press)
                Decline bench 3x6 (alternate exercises: HS decline chest press, HS incline chest press, HS regular chest press)
                Cable row 3x6 (alternate exercises: Kroc rows, Yates rows, HS rows)
                Bicep work 30 rep rest pause (usual picks were: DB curls, BB curls, EZ bar curls, cable curls)
                Forearm work 1x12-20 (usual picks were: hammer curls, pinwheel curls, reverse grip cable curl)

I eventually switched a lot of the rep ranges to rest pause because I liked how it allowed me to progress better and gave me better gains, only using straight sets for push presses (unless I plateau'd) and the obvious exercises (squats, RDLs, etc.). If I stalled three times I usually swapped exercises or switched rep ranges. I must say that my way of rest pausing wasn't exactly how Dante has people doing it because I stopped 1-2 reps short of failure.
                Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by fixation View Post
                  http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....ll+legs&page=2
                  beautiful looking routine which Ive decided I will follow.
                  Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
                    A very simple but effective horizontal/vertical routine I used for a long time.

A

Push press 3x6 (alternate exercises: one arm DB push presses, wide grip upright rows, regular press)
                    RDL 1x6-12 (alternate exercises: Rack pulls, high pulls, hang cleans)
                    Weighted chins 3x6 (alternate exercises: Hammer Strength pulldowns, cable pulldowns, weighted pull ups)
                    Tricep work 30 rep rest pause (usual picks for these were: floor skulls, tricep pushdowns, Skip extensions, always long head work)
                    Ab work 1x20 (usual picks for these were: Pallof presses, ab wheel, weighted planks, etc.)

B

Squat 3x5 (alternate exercises: front squats, bulgarian split leg squats, leg press)
                    Decline bench 3x6 (alternate exercises: HS decline chest press, HS incline chest press, HS regular chest press)
                    Cable row 3x6 (alternate exercises: Kroc rows, Yates rows, HS rows)
                    Bicep work 30 rep rest pause (usual picks were: DB curls, BB curls, EZ bar curls, cable curls)
                    Forearm work 1x12-20 (usual picks were: hammer curls, pinwheel curls, reverse grip cable curl)

I eventually switched a lot of the rep ranges to rest pause because I liked how it allowed me to progress better and gave me better gains, only using straight sets for push presses (unless I plateau'd) and the obvious exercises (squats, RDLs, etc.). If I stalled three times I usually swapped exercises or switched rep ranges. I must say that my way of rest pausing wasn't exactly how Dante has people doing it because I stopped 1-2 reps short of failure.
                    I like this set up. Looks very sensible and practical to me.

Comment

Yeah it's very practical, nothing fancy and certainly not perfect (but what routine is?), but it has served me well for a long time. The same exercises and rep ranges could be applied to a push/pull (or a torso/limbs, or upper/lower, whatever floats your boat) as well but I prefer the horizontal/vertical set up instead.
                      Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

I had good results using the same body part split as the DC 2-way split, but just doing 2 straight work sets per body part. Do warmups, then 1 heavy set of 8-12 reps to failure, then another of 12-20 to failure.
                        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                        kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                          I had good results using the same body part split as the DC 2-way split, but just doing 2 straight work sets per body part. Do warmups, then 1 heavy set of 8-12 reps to failure, then another of 12-20 to failure.
                          did you rotate your exercises(ie day 1 incline bench,2 flat dmbl,3 smith flat) dc style as well or use the same one straight through?
                          Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                          -John Ceasar

Comment

Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
                            did you rotate your exercises(ie day 1 incline bench,2 flat dmbl,3 smith flat) dc style as well or use the same one straight through?
                            Yeah, I rotated exercises the same and did controlled negatives, extreme stretches, etc. I just didn't do the rest-pausing.
                            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                            kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                              Yeah, I rotated exercises the same and did controlled negatives, extreme stretches, etc. I just didn't do the rest-pausing.
                              n your opinion would this type of bodybuilding routine with the exclusion of rp sets still be to much for some one who participates in other sporting endevers?
                              Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                              -John Ceasar

Comment

Working...
                              X