Getting fat on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting fat on this?

Got the diet tight (no cheat days at all), routine is perfect, supps on track and I'm freakin' getting fat?
    How is this humanly possible?
    Off days
    1984 calories, 219 protein, 64 carbs

On days
    2586 calories, 252 protein, 164 carbs

current: 220# and 18%bfp

no grains, sweet potato and swedish oat starch for carbs, no processed crap, lean beef and True Protein are the only protein sources.
    Making steady gains in strength and size but damn! WTF?
    Last edited by jmhester1956; 04-29-2011, 03:30 PM.
    If it's not fun, don't do it

Here's my journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=43291
    Got the ideas for the routine from Skip's video.
    Not asking for free help but just wanted some input. I'm stumped! Oh, and the fat grams are way low, too.
    Fuck! I'm tired of looking like a fat ass, biker. I want to look like a bodybuilder!

Comment

Same thing happens to me. I gain weight on a ridiculously low amount of calories.

Unfortunately, most people here will call bullshit, say you're lying or cheating on your diet, and will dismiss you.

I don't have a solution though, just wanted to let you know I feel your pain.

Good luck. Maybe one day they will invent a "poor digestion pill" so guys like you and I wont use digest calories very well and can eat what we want.

Comment

Ever get your thyroid levels checked by your doc, JM?

As you get older, the metabolism will slow...just saying. Not a shot at you for being old though I swear!

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
        -1st SuperHeavy Gi
        2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
        -1st Heavyweight Gi
        2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
        2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Could be your calories are low to the point your metabolism is slowing down?

Comment

I do suggest getting your thyroid levels checked as Lock it Up said.

Though, that isn't my problem, as I have no thyroid and get to take Synthroid every day, ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
              Ever get your thyroid levels checked by your doc, JM?

As you get older, the metabolism will slow...just saying. Not a shot at you for being old though I swear!
              Hey! I never thought about that! I was always a skinny ass up until about 50 so that makes sense. Thanks!

Comment

How may grms of FAT daily? What kinds/types of FAT?
                SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by jmhester1956 View Post
                  up until about 50
                  Umm... Hello?

I honestly don't mean for this to sound insulting or offensive, but IT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE OVER FIFTY. That's what the human body is SUPPOSED to do.

Actually it's not supposed to, because the human body was designed to die at about 40. So it should not shock nor surprise you that you are putting on fat. That's what happens when we age. It's not that you're doing something wrong, it's that YOU ARE STILL ALIVE.
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                    How may grms of FAT daily? What kinds/types of FAT?
                    Well, based on the math (total calories and the protein grams/carbs grams provided) from the information provided, it would appear he is getting about 95 (off)/102 (on) grams of fat on those days, respectively.

-slide
                    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

jmhester1956, I'm a little confused.... On May 30 in your carb bacloading thread, you stated that after two weeks on the diet your waist had dropped 1 inch and your arms grew 1/4 inch although the scale weight remained the same and on April 25 you were still praising the diet saying you were more energized and your strength was going up. Now 4 days later you're getting fat? Are you still carb backloading the way you were prior to May 30th? If not, why not go back to what was apparently working before... I hope this doesn't appear to be me calling you out on something you said. I'm genuinely curious as I started carb backloading after you started that thread and with incorporating about 12 minutes of preworkout HIT cardio 4-5 days a week, I've lost 9 pounds and about an inch off my waist as well all the while getting stronger in most lifts (either reps, weight, or both). I'm wondering if I can expect a similar turnaround as you based on your experience. I'll be 50 in 6 months myself...

Comment

Originally posted by O.G. Pimpin View Post
                        jmhester1956, I'm a little confused.... On May 30 in your carb bacloading thread, you stated that after two weeks on the diet your waist had dropped 1 inch and your arms grew 1/4 inch although the scale weight remained the same and on April 25 you were still praising the diet saying you were more energized and your strength was going up. Now 4 days later you're getting fat? Are you still carb backloading the way you were prior to May 30th? If not, why not go back to what was apparently working before... I hope this doesn't appear to be me calling you out on something you said. I'm genuinely curious as I started carb backloading after you started that thread and with incorporating about 12 minutes of preworkout HIT cardio 4-5 days a week, I've lost 9 pounds and about an inch off my waist as well all the while getting stronger in most lifts (either reps, weight, or both). I'm wondering if I can expect a similar turnaround as you based on your experience. I'll be 50 in 6 months myself...
                        It's like it worked for a little while and then just turned around. Still the same diet and same macros. Now on the upside, I'm getting much stronger and the arms are still growing (my gauge for growing muscle) but the body fat has stopped dropping.
                        Guess it's too early to tell yet. Maybe I'm just venting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                          Umm... Hello?

I honestly don't mean for this to sound insulting or offensive, but IT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE OVER FIFTY. That's what the human body is SUPPOSED to do.

Actually it's not supposed to, because the human body was designed to die at about 40. So it should not shock nor surprise you that you are putting on fat. That's what happens when we age. It's not that you're doing something wrong, it's that YOU ARE STILL ALIVE.
                          Um... Bite me? :hysterica
                          But good answer ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by jmhester1956 View Post
                            Um... Bite me? :hysterica
                            But good answer ;-)
                            Hey, it's still better than the alternative.
                            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                            kind of a douche

Comment

I have to agreed with what Lock said. Have your hormone levels checked out and make sure you don't have any food allergies that you are unaware of that may be causing you to hold weight.
                              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
                              X