X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cardio idea?

Have any of you guys seen this yet?

http://www.trainingmask.com/

It was actually developed by a guy I went to high school with....

Anyways, I have not used one before, but it got me thinking. If it makes it much harder to breathe, then the amount of calories expended could increase quite dramatically.

Could this turn such things into fat burning cardio?
    -raking the yard
    -doing the dishes
    -vacuuming
    -just watching tv

I mean could you actually just sweat by wearing it for a couple hours around the house?
    Want THE Magic Pill??!! Yea so do I!! Find the next best thing at trueprotein.com. For all your protein and supplement needs.

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

2010 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
    2009 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
    2007 Northern Michigan Natural Championships: 5th, Light-heavy

That just seems like torture.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Lol @ wearing that to the gym.

Comment

Would it really increase calorie expenditure? I can see it increasing RBC, like training at high altitude. Looks like a modified old school gas mask.

Comment

Reminds me of that field fuck scene in Jarhead for some reason
          Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
            Lol @ wearing that to the gym.
            x2
            PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

that is garbage

It is the same type of thing used in patients with COPD, CHF, or other types of pulmonary restrictive diseases. This is because in those patients the respiratory muscles (intercostals, diaphram) are the limiting factors for Oxygen uptake.

But the size of our lungs is what restricts us, not the pulmonary muscles. It's a cool gimmick though.

Comment

With the title of the thread in mind, here's an idea for steady-state cardio which can also make a toddler quite happy (as it does mine when I get him in there and we go out the door together):

http://www.outdoorlife4u.co.uk/lg_im...htower_Pro.jpg

Comment

Reminds me of when we used to PT and go for runs with gas masks on. Screw that.
                  Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                    that's prolly half the appeal to some 2.4 kids suburbanite fuck, make them think they are doing some hardcore special ops shit.
                    PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

"this video has been removed by the user" lol.

Every time i think I've seen everything the fitness industry finds a way.

"I looked at things with a microscope when a sledgehammer would have done" -- Dante

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                        Can't see the link but I do know pro-mask runs suck ass. Dirty, nasty, no shower after the past 6 workouts, Sammich ass.

J
                        "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Godsmack View Post
                          Sammich ass.

J

lol

Comment

Sorry, I thought Op was going to link this when I read the title.

http://www.thebellyburner.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X