Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 121 Kg Full Clean

[YOUTUBE]qLVrKkyMBwM[/YOUTUBE]

Just wanted to post a video of my full clean hopefully its ok in this section.. I'm working toward a 300 lb (136 kg.) full clean, I hit 122 kg last friday and I think ill be able to get 125 kg when I do a proper max next week... anyway I'm pretty happy with my progress since I've only been oly lifting since september i feel like this was a very good rep for me since i have struggled with bar speed in the past.. any comments, advice or tips from the peanut gallery would be appreciated!

* Thanks john caesar for the embed tip
    Last edited by brineal; 04-12-2011, 10:44 PM.
    M.S., B.S., B.A., CSCS, USAW

"There is no substitute for strength, and no excuse for the lack of it"

"Two pains in life: pain of hard work and pain of regret"

Nice lift.

You don't keep your back straight enough from what I'm seeing. You also may want to try a more vertical starting position and try to stay more vertical as you pull.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ptarleton?feature=mhum

Comment

thanks, yeah that is what i noticed as well and i know i struggle with keeping a neutral spine on snatches as well.. i think its a combination of being 6'3" and having relatively poor thoracic/lordotic flexibility. im thinking about incorporating some clean deads in my next training cycle where i would pull up into the rdl position, isometrically hold and then lower the weight slowly alongside w/ thoracic extensions and really exaggerate an arch in my back to help develop some flexibility and strength in that region.. appreciate you taking the time to comment tho!

Comment

Hey Brineal, nice lift. I'm sure 300lbs is right around the corner.

Question for you and Fighting Scott, when performing a clean, is the objective of getting deep in the hole to get under the weight quickly and use the momentum of the "pull" to drive the weight up?

Hopefully my question is clear. I ask because it looks like you have full control of the weight at the 18 second mark but made an extra effort to go to the hole.

Comment

exactly, getting in the hole is about quickly dropping under the bar to keep it on an upward trajectory. unfortunately i am still not good at dropping quickly under the bar, so i will usually catch and then descend into the full squat, im pretty much power cleaning then dropping into a full clean in this video. im a novice so im working on putting it all together into one fluid movement..

Comment

got a couple more videos at the gym today:

82 kg
            [YOUTUBE]SLraOI6_sQs[/YOUTUBE]

87 kg
            [YOUTUBE]Df6hBGJN81I[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

That is strong, I hope to get there soon.

Comment

thanks man, its comin along just keep grindin!

Comment

Working...
                X