Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over analyzing contest diet insulin response?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over analyzing contest diet insulin response?

I recognize this may be a bit over thinking, however I was hoping to get some opinions and feedback on insulin response to condiments, specifically ketchup/salsa. I am dieting for my 6th show and my conditioning is typically good in comparison to the other NGA competitors. I find that I seem to struggle with my hamstrings/glute conditioning and thought these condiments may be a culprit.

My carb meals are currently my second meal of the day, post workout, and my skip load day. Is adding ketchup/salsa to my chicken/tuna at my other meals effecting my insulin response? I try to focus on mustard/hot sauce mainly, but prefer red condiments, that is unless the general consensus is to leave them out.

Thanks.

Do you have any idea of how much carbs you're getting from them?

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
      Do you have any idea of how much carbs you're getting from them?
      Regular ketchup 8-10
      1 carb ketchup 3
      Salsa 6

Decent estimates I'd say.

Comment

Why not switch to something like Frank's Red Hot for the remainder of your prep and see if it makes a difference?
        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
          Why not switch to something like Frank's Red Hot for the remainder of your prep and see if it makes a difference?
          Ya. I love franks red sauce. And that might be a good plan. Although, when I eat too much of it I spend a little too much time crapping my brains out. TMI I know.

You have this issue with franks?

Comment

In one of his vids, Dusty touched on Walden Farms stuff. Zeroes across the board (except for sodium) They make a variety of stuff, including ketchup. Catsup. Katsup. Shutup.
            Max Muscle
            5020 Katella Ave.
            Los Alamitos, CA 90720
            www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Getnbigger View Post
              Ya. I love franks red sauce. And that might be a good plan. Although, when I eat too much of it I spend a little too much time crapping my brains out. TMI I know.

You have this issue with franks?
              Nope, no problems.

I put that shit on everything.
              2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Working...
              X