"10 out of 10 BBers have kidney DAMAGE"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "10 out of 10 BBers have kidney DAMAGE"

To quote Phil Hernon "10 out of 10 bodybuilders have it [kidney damage]".

Is this true? Thoughts?

Since glycerol can raise blood pressure, and high blood pressure can damage kidneys, should we stay away from LBA's? *question for Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by BC1 View Post

Is this true? Thoughts?
      :frusty:

That's obviously not true...

However, I do think people need to keep an eye on their blood pressure as they gain weight because over time, elevated BP can be detrimental to kidney function.
      www.JasonWojo.com | www.TrueProtein.com

Proud to be a TRUE PROTEIN Sponsored Athlete (use the code WOJO for a discount on orders)

Get your official DC Training DVD here

Comment

I kinda figured as much, but wanted to hear what more level headed peeps thought.

Thanks

Comment

To what extent though?
          You ever been black-out drunk? Brain damage
          You ever been sunburned? Skin Damage
          You ever walk up to a girl, tell her the first time you saw her you thought you were going to puke, and then end up taking her home that night? She must have damage of some sort
          Last edited by Macho Man; 04-11-2011, 08:30 PM. Reason: I shouldn't make fun of fatties
          2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
            To what extent though?
            You ever been black-out drunk? Brain damage
            You ever been sunburned? Skin Damage
            You ever get punched in the dick after tellin a fat girl she reminds you of a whale and that you want her to take you into the bathroom and watch her blow? Damage of some sort I'm sure
            Only the last one has happened to me, personally.

Comment

You ever get punched in the dick after tellin a fat girl she reminds you of a whale and that you want her to take you into the bathroom and watch her blow? Damage of some sort I'm sure
              Sammich damage
              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
              kind of a douche

Comment

To what extent though?

You ever walk up to a girl, tell her the first time you saw her you thought you were going to puke, and then end up taking her home that night? She must have damage of some sort
                I might need to get some bloodwork done.

Comment

Originally posted by BC1 View Post

Is this true? Thoughts?
                  I'm not saying it's true or not true, but how does he substantiate this?
                  TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

Originally posted by darkguitars2000 View Post
                    I'm not saying it's true or not true, but how does he substantiate this?
                    Hernonology so far. A mix of personal experience and opinion.

Comment

Hernonology....that's a good one....lol. The guy obviously knows his stuff, but he does have a different take on a lot of things...I'm sure that in some ways our kidneys could be taxed more than non bb'ers, but I don't know...maybe excessive protein ingestion...taxed, maybe...damaged?? Who knows?...
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

I think his points were leaning more towards gear usage and kidney damage.

Comment

If you're going to quote someone, it's best to quote the whole thing. This way it's not taken out of context.

Originally posted by Phil Hernon
                          Kidney damage.......if you use steroids for more than 3-4 years.........YOU have it. I have it........10 out of 10 bodybuilders have it.......I have had it for 10 years....NOW WHAT? Well, let me help answer some questions for you......its time I came clean. Ask away.......I will start with this.........there are many forms of it...is is primary? Secondary? What caused it? Can you stop what caused it? Everyone reaches end stage renal failure about lets say for ease, the number 12. Some people are at 90 with damage....some are at 100 with damage.......some are at 50.....30......how soon will you reach 12 depends upon how you treat your body. GFR is the numbers I speak of.......will it decline fast like 5 points a year? 1 point a year? If you are at 50 and it declines 5 points a year, then you have 8 years until you need a replacement. If it declines 1 point a year then you have 40 years. If you are at 100 and it declines 10 points a year, well, you have 9 years...........it all comes down to rate of decline. You could have the best number now, but if you urinate protein you speed up the decline.......high blood pressure speeds up the decline..diabetes speeds up the decline..........how do you slow down the decline? Some use ACE inhibitors..........you all should eat the kidney diet......steroids raise serum calcium levels through the PTH, intact levels raising....that means high serum calcium of dangerous levels AND bone decline.....hardened arteries.......more protein means more decline on top of that.........anyway.........we need to SLOW it down......not everyone will reach failure, even at low levels IF you slow the decline.........
                          http://www.professionalmuscle.com/fo...tml#post981018
                          Save 5% off your entire order at TrueProtein.com by using discount code LYP800; 10% if you order 16 lbs or more!

For a protein that can be used anytime, try TeamSkip Blend

You will need a scoop if you don’t have one: Measuring Scoops

Comment

Guys personally i do think this shouldnt be taken lightly. Phil is very knowledgeable and is not just saying this to hear himself speak or to look like God. Is this true/relevant? Something to think about. KS

Comment

is the kidney damage from protein consumption amounts or specifically AAS???

Comment

Working...
                              X