Which TP protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which TP protein

I have been buying all diff types of protein for morning, PWO, before bed etc and it is just getting to be to much. Basically I am looking for an all around good protein that I can use whenever and add in carbs if I want with other stuff. Is whey protein isolate my best bet?? TP has tons of diff kinds just looking for a good all around cost effective protein

Team skip blend!
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Ditto on Team Skip

Comment

Or get separate: whey isolate and micellar casein. Then use the whey PWO and mix them up for a meal-replacement blend.
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

Well I plan on getting the protein pre flavored bye the suggestion of almost every member so just looking for a good solid cost effective protein. The Whey Protein Concentrate is very cheap but at the same time its my main supp and will be drinking 3 drinks a day so willing to spend alil more if it is worth it
          Last edited by MachMood; 04-07-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

One more quick question. I have bought Unflavored protein in the past and tried mixing it with gatorade mix, kool aid, basically everything and it always tasted horrible and had a thick gross textue. I love the idea of having a protein drink that tastes like orange juice or hawain punch with a meal, can anyone comment on the Juice and fruit flavors???

Comment

I have premium orange creamsicle and it's very good, normally I mix with water. Sometimes I whip it with heavy cream in the food processor and mix in a little liquid (water, milk, or almond milk depending on how I feel), freezer for a few minutes and it's like orange ice cream!

Comment

How about 50% Concentrate 50% Isolate Cold Filtration? Strikes a good balance between quality and cost.

I'd recommend the 25lb recession whey special but that comes unflavored.

I'm also a fan of egg white protein.
                Last edited by eggwhites; 04-08-2011, 02:17 AM.
                Save 5% at www.truenutrition.com with the Discount Code TEI736!

Comment

Originally posted by eggwhites View Post
                  How about 50% Concentrate 50% Isolate Cold Filtration? Strikes a good balance between quality and cost.

I'd recommend the special 25lb recession whey special but that comes unflavored.

I'm also a fan of egg white protein.
                  Making a blend is a great idea, Im def leaning towards the blend you sggested

Comment

I love the java mocha team skip blend. It tastes amazing.
                    2005 HOA Natural Classic
                    2006 OCB Midwest
                    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                    2008 HOA Natural Classic
                    NPC Mid-Illinois
                    NPC Midwest Open
                    NPC Natural Grand Prix
                    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                    USPA Illinois State
                    NGA Heart of America
                    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Thanks everyone, After reading over the TP forum I may go against the advice of this board and get the Recession Ultra whey protein blend(25lbs for 139.99). I figure I will buy that and a few flavor packs. I also love the idea of using the flavor packs for my oatmeal, Im getting tired of cinamon and stevia

Comment

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
                        Thanks everyone, After reading over the TP forum I may go against the advice of this board and get the Recession Ultra whey protein blend(25lbs for 139.99). I figure I will buy that and a few flavor packs. I also love the idea of using the flavor packs for my oatmeal, Im getting tired of cinamon and stevia
                        Good choice
                        Save 5% at www.truenutrition.com with the Discount Code TEI736!

Comment

25 or 50lb blend. Cant beat it

Comment

I just use ion-exchange whey for the most part. It's very versatile and easy on my stomach.

If I want to slow down absorption, I add oil or natural PB. After a workout, I'll mix it with fast-acting carbs.

I've tried most of the premium flavors and like most of them. My favorites are orange creamsicle, tropical hawaiian punch, and dutch choc fudge.
                            www.JasonWojo.com | www.TrueProtein.com

Proud to be a TRUE PROTEIN Sponsored Athlete (use the code WOJO for a discount on orders)

Get your official DC Training DVD here

Comment

Originally posted by JasonWojo View Post
                              I just use ion-exchange whey for the most part. It's very versatile and easy on my stomach.

If I want to slow down absorption, I add oil or natural PB. After a workout, I'll mix it with fast-acting carbs.

I've tried most of the premium flavors and like most of them. My favorites are orange creamsicle, tropical hawaiian punch, and dutch choc fudge.
                              Do the creamsicle flavors taste anything like cream soda?! If so i know what my next flavor is!

Comment

Working...
                              X