bodybuilding help for a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bodybuilding help for a friend

Hey guys I have a friend who wants to do a show here pretty soon. I gave him all the tips I could on what I think he should improve. Although, I am not a bodybuilding judge and I wouldn't know how you would score him. He just wants to do our local show, nothing big. So, if you guys could watch this video I took of him going through a small posing routine and then give some feed back I'll pass it a long to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D7bZIOX-fI

thanks
    c-dawg
    The only easy day is yesterday

Skip's got an excellent posing section on his video. I use a lot of the pointers he gave in this video and get a lot of complements on my posing.

Also, I'm not sure if this is mentioned in the video, but once he learns the poses correctly he needs to make a practice schedule for his posing as the show nears. Increase the amount of practice sessions and the time he holds each pose as the contest gets closer.

One question though, you said he is doing a show soon, how soon?
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
      Skip's got an excellent posing section on his video. I use a lot of the pointers he gave in this video and get a lot of complements on my posing.

Also, I'm not sure if this is mentioned in the video, but once he learns the poses correctly he needs to make a practice schedule for his posing as the show nears. Increase the amount of practice sessions and the time he holds each pose as the contest gets closer.

One question though, you said he is doing a show soon, how soon?
      I think he is 7 or 8 weeks out. I told him he should have started his prep sooner, but he didn't. Do you think he will be able to be contest ready by then ?

Thanks for the tips, ill pass them on.

Comment

He needs to hit cardio and diet hard if he wants to do the show. He is fat. Posing needs a lot of work, cut out the theatrics before each pose just do the pose. Have him watch skips posing part of the DVD.
        2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
        2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
        2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
        2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
        2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
        2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
        *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
        88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
        88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

i'll let him know. thanks

Comment

Working...
          X