No announcement yet.

Who has tried ALL protein from powders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has tried ALL protein from powders?

I am curious if anyone has tried this out of curiosity or necessity(because of the low price).

Hypothetically, you could get all of your protein from a pretty cheap powder source and get the rest from whole foods. This wouldn't EXACTLY make your meals all liquid. Instead, you could eat all of your carbs and fats from solid foods. It could be a good way for someone to save money in time of need if it works. I know everyone says don't put liquid meals back to back. I just want to see how many people have actually TRIED doing all powder protein and saw a noticeable difference in progress.

Many claim to get hungry much faster following liquid meals. I agree to some extent unless I have some fat in there. As little as 10-15g fat is enough to make a VERY noticeable difference in delaying the hunger after a liquid meal for me.
    2008 DC Journal
    Use the code ECH436 at the checkout www.TrueProtein.com and save

Personally and I know a lot of other guys have said the same, they see much better gains when the majority is coming from whole foods. I used to get 200 grams from protein pwder about 5 yeras ago because I was broke and could only afford so much whole foods. I found out quickly that too much of the same protein powder and I stopped tolerating it very well (gassy, bloated immediately) on top of whole foods work better. I pretty much save the shakes for PWO and when I don't have the time to eat whole foods

Comment

Originally posted by kroxic View Post
      I am curious if anyone has tried this out of curiosity or necessity(because of the low price).

Hypothetically, you could get all of your protein from a pretty cheap powder source and get the rest from whole foods. This wouldn't EXACTLY make your meals all liquid. Instead, you could eat all of your carbs and fats from solid foods. It could be a good way for someone to save money in time of need if it works. I know everyone says don't put liquid meals back to back. I just want to see how many people have actually TRIED doing all powder protein and saw a noticeable difference in progress.

Many claim to get hungry much faster following liquid meals. I agree to some extent unless I have some fat in there. As little as 10-15g fat is enough to make a VERY noticeable difference in delaying the hunger after a liquid meal for me.
      I would think that vegetarians who bodybuild (if there are any...lol) would be people who may do this....If I drink more than 3 shakes a day I get bloated as all hell.....
      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

I've done a similar thing. It wasn't complete. I had a steak here and there but for about 2 months after a prep I usually cut meat and egg whites out. Optimal? No. Effective? For sure.

Comment

I did this for a period during my last prep, moreso out of convenience and taste

when you're starving and have a crazy sweet tooth, a whey protein brownie topped with walden farms beats a chicken breast any day

I guess I wasn't consuming "liquid" meals per se, but they were all powders, and then I'd add fats/carbs as needed
          CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
          MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
          2010 NGA Pro Universe
          2010 NPC Monster Mash
          2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
          2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
          2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
          2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
          2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
          2008 NPC Ohio State
          2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

I haven't noticed any difference from getting the majority of my protein from powders (4 out of 6 or 7 meals), versus all 7 meals being whole food. Typically because I consume a whole food with the protein powders.

I honestly don't think you'd notice a difference as long as you added a bit of fiber to the shakes... ground psyllium husk goes a long way.
            Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
            FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
            www.316fit.com
            Email: [email protected]

Comment

I have a friend who tried something like this for about a month to lose weight. I think it was one of those t-nation things I'm thinking the velocity diet. He pretty much only ate 3-4 whole food meals per week and everything else was some kind of shake. It was easy for him to control calories but towards the end of the month he was going crazy. However, he did end up losing a lot of weight, which was his primary goal.
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

If you count Poundstone Shakes as protein shakes, I've done it. I found it to be difficult mentally but physically I felt great.
                http://www.youtube.com/user/ptarleton?feature=mhum

Comment

Hmmm.... Might be another TEAM SKIP experiment on the Horizon.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I know of a very large guy that had to consume most of his protein this way ,for a length of time as he was a "guest of her majesty" (jail). he was holding to most of his mass , even in time that challenged him super supplement wise.
                    I believe big kiwi. as well , retain some considerable mass on skim milk powder. while he was jailed.
                    "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
                    J.M.

Comment

Yeah, I did for a while, mostly because I didn't have the means to afford tons of meat. It sucked though, my stomach's a bit touchy and I got the shits after a while. It works though, just doesn't feel that great.
                      Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Working...
                      X