Cox Inhibitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cox Inhibitors

I gotta do something for these aching knees....was gonna talk to the doc about antiinflamatorys......is there any one better than the other? Some say Celebrex some say Vioxx...took Naperson(sp)? once seemed to work better than Ibuprofen kinda messed with my stomach after a while though....any input would be appreciated.
    GF
    The older I get the lighter the weights used to be...........

My brother has used Celebrex for some elbow problems...he said his doc told him it will over time erode part of the tendons. Not good IMO.

I dated a girl about 4 years ago that had an arthritic hip from a car crash and her MD put her on Vioxx....After a few weeks she noticed a good bit of hair shedding when she showered-and I am tellin ya she had a beautiful mane.

She talked to her doc about it and he said that was a somewhat typical side effect from Vioxx...she quit using it right there and then.

Have you looked into glucosamine?? Do A google search, see what you find.
    [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
    Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Thanx, SS I don't know what I'm going to do...maybe try glucosamine again before I try prescription meds, did'nt do much last time.
      Thanx again,
      GF
      The older I get the lighter the weights used to be...........

Comment

Get some quality stuff man...no cheap ass GNC or Wally world garbage. Try to find a holistic MD in yoiur area or an herb shop that is very reputable. Good luck, SS

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
        Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

I dont know if this is what you are looking for, but I have severe knee issues as well. I have tried all of the anti-inflammatory drugs...only minimal relief, Ive tried glucosamin/chondroitin got nothing from that. My ortho gave me a med called Bextra. You take it daily for pain. It works. It has absolutely no side effects that I have encountered, but it is doing the trick. Just an idea for you.
          Leslie

Comment

Originally posted by gravityfighter
            Thanx, SS I don't know what I'm going to do...maybe try glucosamine again before I try prescription meds, did'nt do much last time.
            Thanx again,
            GF

You could also try acupucture-works great for pain relief. You can do a search here on IM for "acupuncture"-I put up a thread several months ago with a couple of studies-with very large groups of people-that indicated acupuncture is excellent in pain management.

-SS

Comment

Vioxx and Celebrex both interfere with actual healing around bones in a study of shoulder surgeries. Shoulder surgeries were 80% unsuccessful when Celebrex was used as a pain med.

The newest technique for knee joint pain is leeches. This was developed in Essen, Germany and involves attaching 6 leeches to the knee until they are done feeding. After this treatment the subjects are pain free for 6-12 months. They believe there is something in leech saliva that does the trick. You can probably do this at home if you can get the leeches from a medical supply house.

Comment

They do some neat stuff at Essen.

Comment

Working...
                X