honey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honey

i heard somewhere that honey was a good carb source post training is this fact or fiction also are there alternatives

It has a high GI if that is what you are looking for (a good idea in my opinion).

I usually consume 50 -75 grams of dextrose or maltodextrin in liquid form before my last set..
    [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
    Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

i personally would not use honey postworkout. honey is comprized of almost equal portions of fructose and glucose.

fructose a monosacharride is a no no, when it comes to post workout glycogen recovery. fructose is absorbed very slowly and is primarily metabolized by the liver and not absorbed quickly like a glucose/dextrose or maltodextrin. fructose ingestion has little immediate effect on blood glucose concentrations, which in turn would be unacceptable for quick post workout recovery. stick with something that is high glycemic and simple carb for your PWO carb replenishment.

doug
      TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

Originally posted by tpc
        i personally would not use honey postworkout. honey is comprized of almost equal portions of fructose and glucose.

fructose a monosacharride is a no no, when it comes to post workout glycogen recovery. fructose is absorbed very slowly and is primarily metabolized by the liver and not absorbed quickly like a glucose/dextrose or maltodextrin. fructose ingestion has little immediate effect on blood glucose concentrations, which in turn would be unacceptable for quick post workout recovery. stick with something that is high glycemic and simple carb for your PWO carb replenishment.

doug
        Yeah, what he ^ said. ; )

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Skips got the best PW recipe Ive ever used..... but I aint tellin'
          SweatMachine
          (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

There are alot of different kinds of honey available....and the amount of fructose (which will bring down the GI as TPC mentioned) varies from brand to brand.

I found a GI and GL chart and put it up in the health forum.-750 foods.
            [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
            Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Originally posted by SweatMachine
              Skips got the best PW recipe Ive ever used..... but I aint tellin'
              Isn't it pixie sticks or sweat tarts or something? :P Such a child! LOL
              Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
              Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
              www.TrueProtein.com
              *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok's Lady
                Isn't it pixie sticks or sweat tarts or something? :P Such a child! LOL
                Nope. I AM a child but it isn't candy. GAY SMILEY.... GAY SMILEY...

Come on IM, get us the COOL smileys!

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: @intensemuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

thanks for the advice i will stay away from it post workout from now on.

Comment

Working...
                  X