Resistance bands in bodybuilding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brineal View Post
    does anyone have anything to say about using them for assistance work?
    What are you asking about specifically? The whole thread is about the use of bands in assistance/bodybuilding training.
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by BigLar View Post
      Thanks, everyone.

I am interested in bands for things like neck training, direct triceps and biceps work, and abs. Not for my compound lifts. I hear a lot of good experiences with them, but most guys are using them for strength work.
      Why wouldn't strength work be beneficial to size?
      "You can't be the fastest or the strongest but you can always work the hardest." - Jim Wendler

"Failing is nothing more than inexperience" - Jim Wendler

"You won't have to rotate squats and deadlifts, but do them both and thus get more fucking awesome every week" - cooltom

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
        What are you asking about specifically? The whole thread is about the use of bands in assistance/bodybuilding training.
        im talkng about using them for assistance as opposed to resistance which everyone here is talking about.. for example on a squat, wrapping the bands above rather than below (resistance) so you have less weight out of the hole but more at the top, much like a lockout (assistance)
        M.S., B.S., B.A., CSCS, USAW

"There is no substitute for strength, and no excuse for the lack of it"

"Two pains in life: pain of hard work and pain of regret"

Comment

i have used them for the bench press and deadlifts. i know its great for strength gains

Comment

Originally posted by brineal View Post
            im talkng about using them for assistance as opposed to resistance which everyone here is talking about.. for example on a squat, wrapping the bands above rather than below (resistance) so you have less weight out of the hole but more at the top, much like a lockout (assistance)
            Movements like reverse band squats, deads, bench, etc accomplish the same thing... they overload the top end of the movement. They just do it in a different way with a different feel.
            Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

When I was dealing with some tricep pain, the bottom of the weighted dip movement bothered me. SO I used bands. Bottom of the movement was bodyweight so no pain, top of the movement was friggen heavy like it was pulling me to the earths core. It worked perfectly and I still do band dips like this. I hook the bands on the foot plates and the other side around my neck.

Comment

Yes, resistance bands can help you in bodybuilding. Here are some exercises for chest development using resistance bands. https://exerciseresistancebands.net/...chest-muscles/

Comment

Yes bands very well have a place in bodybuilding. It’s also a great way to change the resistance curve of a machine that thst otherwise would not be so good. I often add bands to a shitty machine and it turns it into a great machine.

another little trick I do is a reverse band and a accommodated resistance band at the same time. Now you have a home made nice little smith machine feeling . Sounds crazy but don’t bash it until you try it!

Comment

Working...
                  X