New Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Doctor

After leaving my previous employer , I have moved and am in the midst of finding a doctor. I had my final physical in November and everything was fine and I started back "on" in Dec.

My wife went to the doc today and met with a lady who she really liked and thought I should meet to be "our" doctor. No problem except Ive never had to tell a doc that I was using (Im relatively new to this anyway). I would like to get a check-up/physical here soon to ensure everything is still good and in working order, but Im not sure how to approach the subject with this new doc. I guess if she had a problem with it I could go somewhere else, eh?

If I tell her about it, can she tell anyone else, ie. insurance, etc? Is there really doctor/patient confidentiality or is there some grand loophole as with everything else? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...

-slide

(posted here due to the nature of the topic)
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Hold up for a second bro....I have a little bit of knowledge here. I do not recommend ever telling your doc about what you are doing unless 1 or both of these criteria are met

1-you are on REALLY cool terms with him or her.

2-you are having some sort of problem-serious problem

Everyone needs to realize that whatever you tell your doc they can and usually will put in your file. And that file is attached to you for life.
    Your insurance company has access to that file.
    If the doc ever does anything that is considered grounds to be investigated...well, the first thing the authorities take is the patient files. And they will go through them with a fine tooth comb.
    So much for patient confidentiality.

I had a conversation with an insurance rep at my MD's office and he literally pays for his office visits out of his own pocket. He said he will only use insurance for something big!!!!

And being he sells health insurance, that speaks volumes.

If you do decide to tell your doc....be adamant that they do not put that in your file!! be adamant about that!!!

You could possibly break the ice if you felt it was absolutely neccessary and say you use pro hormones, which are legal. See how he or she responds to that. You could use that as a guage to how they will respond to you telling them about AAS.

I recommend you pay for your blood testing out of pocket if you can...and go to a different doc who does not know you and give them a fake name. if you come back with a lab result under your real name that is not ideal it too will follow you forever.
    You can get basic blood work that shows hematacrit, platelets, liver enzyme activity, monocyte levels, and a bunch of other stuff for about 70 bucks.

Be smart!!!!!
    [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
    Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

SS, i've said it before and I'll say again, you know entirely too much for one person!!
      "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

by the way, that was great advise
        "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Originally posted by GetnBigr
          SS, i've said it before and I'll say again, you know entirely too much for one person!!
          Thanks for the comps my man!!

Now if I can just pick Randy's brain a little bit more I might even be able to get this BBing stuff figured out!!! lol!

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
          Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Thanks SS for the detailed response...much appreciated. I figured there had to be something else involved WRT finding out information about a patient. Its kind of disheartening in a sense...

Im not having any problems, but just want to check to make sure everything is still OK. I guess I could head to a local clinic or another doc and pay out of pocket for the tests.

I guess it was recommended because we would be 'new' patients that we get a physical for some baseline numbers, etc, but Im sure they would see my test levels to be exponentially higher than what is normal, so I just wonder about that as well.

-slide
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

I wouldn't think in a routine test that they would test your testosterone levels. That is a fairly expensive test...at least the HRT clinics I have talked too say the necessary bloodwork is about 350 bucks.

If you do tell a doc about AAS , or maybe any other non prescribed drug consumption, your insurance could try to hang whatever problem you have on your usage of such products.

The insurance industry will do any and everything possible to keep from paying a claim.

Comment

Good stuff to know...as I will be going for my physical in about 2 months...Thank you..
                Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Dr.s dont know shit about AAS or nutrition.....
                  SweatMachine
                  (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Originally posted by SweatMachine
                    Dr.s dont know shit about AAS or nutrition.....
                    Sweat you are exactly right. I talk to many MD's during my investigation of medical practices....and occasionally I will ask them about their education regarding such at Med School. Usually the answer ranges from 6 weeks to 1 semester.

I bet at least half of the people on this board know more about nutrition than the average MD.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSport
                      I wouldn't think in a routine test that they would test your testosterone levels. That is a fairly expensive test...at least the HRT clinics I have talked too say the necessary bloodwork is about 350 bucks.

If you do tell a doc about AAS , or maybe any other non prescribed drug consumption, your insurance could try to hang whatever problem you have on your usage of such products.

The insurance industry will do any and everything possible to keep from paying a claim.
                      Well damn...thats some good info there bro...Im glad I asked before I opened my mouth. Maybe Ill pay her a visit and just keep my mouth shut. If anything is asked, I want to be like Mark McGwire and I use his famous andro...or maybe even some muscletech :showoff:

-slide

Comment

Originally posted by slide
                        If anything is asked, I want to be like Mark McGwire and I use his famous andro...or maybe even some muscletech :showoff:

-slide
                        hey slide, what did i do to you that you gotta blow me in?!?!?! lol!!
                        :boobies:

SS - excellent advice again. the only time i would tell my dr is if it were serious...like i had an abcess or something. my doc just asked me to come back for a full physical sometime in the near future. do you think there should be any time between when i finish my cycle and when i go for the physical??

Comment

Originally posted by mark mcgwire

SS - excellent advice again. the only time i would tell my dr is if it were serious...like i had an abcess or something. my doc just asked me to come back for a full physical sometime in the near future. do you think there should be any time between when i finish my cycle and when i go for the physical??
                          Depending on what you are using. if you are using an oral, or cheque drops(I don't think anybody uses that anymore) you will want to wait a little while-3-4 weeks-for your liver enzymes to convert back to normal.
                          Some gear probably increases cholesterol levels, blood pressure, red cell levels will be increased sometimes, and hematacrit possibly out of range...but all in all, wait 3-4 weeks everything will probably be normal.
                          As a note, I use a licorice supplement and milk thistle-both in extracted form, some premium stuff. No cheapo stuff.
                          The licorice is a "blood purifier" and immune booster and milk thistle regenerates liver tissue., and can help control liver enzyme activity. I am familiar with studies to "disprove" herbal extracts, but it should be noted that these studies usually have ties to the pharmaceutical industrial complex, and these studies are conducted in a way to devalue herbal medicine and to market drugs. In the future I will posting some of these "studies".
                          I recommend getting such herbs either from an acupuncturist or a true herb shop...no GNC stuff.

As for an abcess...just tell the doc you got poked by some chicken wire at your uncle's farm over the weekend, or something like that. Never tell about AAS if you absolutely do not have to.

Comment

Originally posted by mark mcgwire

As was discussed in other threads, I guess I have to blame it on someone else...I figured you were the right guy for the job :rocker:

-slide

Comment

I was going to wait a month to month and a half after finishing up to make the appointment. I figured that would give my body enough time to get (some) things back in order and be able to get a somewhat accurate measurement of things going on...

-slide

Comment

Working...
                              X