For Mr randy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Mr randy...

randy..i was planning to use your "water loss without drugs" water plan for my show next week..but now that professional muscle is gone..i can't get to your article? any ways i can find that piece of article???
    Your Training is Brutal..But the Side Effects Shouldn't be..

Well, it was actually just a thread that I posted in that Xcel put in the Articles section over there.

If you have some questions, I'd be happy to answer. I do plan on starting to try to do some consulting work, so some of this will become proprietary, double-secret, on-the-down-low, I-could-tell-ya-but-I'd-have-to-kill-ya information.

Basically the idea is / was this. (I have modified this and actually do things differently now, however...)

1. Carb deplete by dropping carbs, and doing glycogen depleting (high volume) wt. training. (beginning of the week)

2. Carb up and begin upping water. (mid week)

3. Stay carb-ed up by not training anymore (limited posing), continue upping water, but drop carbs again. (late week - like Thurs.)

4. Day before the show, no carbs, massive water intake early in the day, cutting off in time to make weight (if a problem) or no later than 5-6 PM. Add herbal diuretics, B vitamins, caffeine, etc. on Fri. and throughout show day.

5. Minimum water on show day, adding carbs to stay full (or limiting carbs to ensure staying dry.) No sodium carbs generally won't make you spill if you don't drink water and are really dry on show day.

This is the basics.

Example:
    Mon: no carbs, deplete legs
    Tues: no carbs, Deplete upper body
    Wed: carb-up. 2.5 gal water
    Thurs: carb-up., 3 gal water
    Fris: No carbs, 3.5 gal water by 5PM, other supp's as above
    Sat: as above.

Hope this helps!!!

-Randy

P.S. This will work quite well to stay dry. A shitload, when done properly can keep you just as dry but full(er) and vascular...
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

hey bro thanks so much ..great help..i plan to start my herbal diuretics while still on high water intake 3 days out from show day..and continue it through the show..what do you think? being that it is herbal..and not pharm diuretics..i would assume to start it earlier?

Comment

Jerry,

I would wait until you've finished your water. You want to use the diuretics to further enhance the diuretic effect of the high water intake w/ low sodium intake. If indeed there is some attenuation / adaptation to these diuretics (albeit likely small), then they wouldn't be as effective if you start early.

The main reason for not taking in the diuretics early (3 days out) is because you are not trying to dry out that that point. You actaully want plenty of water (and some sodium) for the carb loading. You may look a bit dryer from the increased water intake during that time, but you will not truly be reducing your body's water content until after you cut water on Friday...

-R
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

This basic approach did wonders for my appearance. It took my water weight off nicely.
          who'd a thunk it? More water in more water out... I fully concur and echo the previous
          statements!
          SweatMachine
          (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

i see...randy..i do not plan to deplete glycogen..my plan is to cruise through until sat till i shitload..so i there will be no carb loading prior..i find i'm already depleted just by dieting..and i tried the carb deplete carb load thing back then..i went into a hole too deep that i couldn't climb outta it..so what you advised is to start diuretics after the water cut? sorry..i got another question here if you don't mind..should i follow the label's instruction on dosage or should i just double it? thanks guys!

Comment

--------
              so what you advised is to start diuretics after the water cut?
              --------
              YEP!
              --------
              sorry..i got another question here if you don't mind..should i follow the label's instruction on dosage or should i just double it? thanks guys!
              --------
              Depends on what diuretic you use, but generally herbal diuretics are very safe, so that is a good guideline.

Caffeine will be stronger, which you can start earlier on Friday, so it doesn't keep you up, but is in your system when you cut the water. (Taraxatone is loaded w/ caffeine, FYI.)

Vitamin C (you could prob. take 10g w/ a problem) and B vitamins (no known toxicity- possible exception is Vit B6) work, I would guess, as well as the herbal diuretics.

Consider that if you have asymptomatic (no symptoms, but it is underlying) kidney disease, this will all stress it, but MUCH less than pharm diuretics...

-R
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

hmm....this is the breakdown of its ingredients..if you would take a look and tell me if it's strong enough to take the recommended dose to drop the h20? i know it's all base on individual..but i just do not know if this recommended dose is able to help me dry oout in time..

per serving

taraxacum officianalis - 3000mg
                uva ursi - 1000mg
                hydroxanthine/green tea extract - 500mg
                fucus vesiculosus - 200mg
                juniper berry - 200mg
                hydrangea - 200mg
                (blend of apium graveolens, petroselinium crispum, buchu and kelp) - 460mg

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus
                  Well, it was actually just a thread that I posted in that Xcel put in the Articles section over there.
                  Well - it was worthy of being an Article
                  Lift Smarter, not more
                  60% Nutrition - 25% Workout - 10% Rest - 5% Supplementation

Comment

Working...
                  X