Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dry carbs...need ideas here fellas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dry carbs...need ideas here fellas

    ok, i changed my mind about the shitload for friday july30th...im gonna shitload on dry carbs and fruits like green apples and bananas...the reason for this is cause the following weekend i have another show and i dont wanna all-out shitload on anything and have a bad kickback, u know what i mean..

    ok, what are some ideas u guys got on dry carbs...me and the wife were thinking of sticking to things like:

    granola
    rice cakes
    natural peanut butter
    bagels

    i cant think of any other dry carbs for the carbload...any input here will help bros..

    pudge
    " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

    "Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

    "if you're going through hell... keep going"

  • #2
    I'm not an expert so shoot me if I'm wrong. But what about dried fruits like raisins, figs, or dried cherries. Lots of carbs and very little water. Another idea being oats?

    Comment


    • #3
      dry carbs? How would the little amount of water affect you so negatively? I don't understand. Wouldn't it be just like a shitload? Then water load Sun-Tue....then deplete Wed-Fri?
      Bigger, Faster, Stronger

      Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pudge
        ok, i changed my mind about the shitload for friday july30th...im gonna shitload on dry carbs and fruits like green apples and bananas...the reason for this is cause the following weekend i have another show and i dont wanna all-out shitload on anything and have a bad kickback, u know what i mean..

        ok, what are some ideas u guys got on dry carbs...me and the wife were thinking of sticking to things like:

        granola
        rice cakes
        natural peanut butter
        bagels

        i cant think of any other dry carbs for the carbload...any input here will help bros..

        pudge
        *pssst*

        Your intentions are good but you are going the wrong path.

        Kickback is primarily sodium related - not carb/water related. Carbs and water won't blow you up and add 20 pounds to you in a day or two after a show. Add sodium to the mix, restrict water for a day or so and then add it back in and voila - you have a waterlogged pig of yourself on your hands. lol

        Now, restricting sodium isn't great idea, either, though. If you do that, you run the risk of being much less full, much less vascular, etc..

        What I would do, just for shits and giggles, is I would do the usual prep for my first show and leave nothing to chance - do it 100%. The very next day, push water just as you were a few days before the show, stay with a diuretic IF you were using one during the last week that controlled aldosterone and you should level out in only a couple to 3 days TOPS. Then, run your same depletion. In fact, the shitload itself for your first show could work as a sodium load for the second show without you meaning for it to and you could end up even tighter for the second show because of it.

        Just my opinion but never cut a first show short at the expense of the second show. When you get onstage, be 100% - NOTHING else.

        Skip


        Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle


        For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

        Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

        Comment


        • #5
          Im with Skip, never show up having kept something in reserve.

          Do or die.
          "Beneath all suffering.........lies the beauty of opportunity"



          Comment


          • #6
            i understand guys..but the dry carbs im gonna be eating are not really in the no sodium zone...granola has a crapload of sodium, so does the peanut butter and the bagels...

            i just dont wanna take in too much sodium on friday nite cause the saturday before prejudging im going to IHOP for pancakes and french toast to fill out a little more...

            then on sun and mon im going to waterload and then go back to depletion until friday nite again...

            pudge
            " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

            "Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

            "if you're going through hell... keep going"

            Comment


            • #7
              by the way thanks guys for the replies...does anyone else have anymore ideas on dry carbs besides the ones i've listed??

              pudge
              " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

              "Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

              "if you're going through hell... keep going"

              Comment


              • #8
                Pudge,

                If you can squeeze it in, do a practice run.

                If you're truly water and sodium depleted when you start adding carbs, sodium (and fat if you're really shitloadin'), and you drink you water when you're loading, you won't spill / retain water.

                Skip's givin' you a very very very good piece of info. there on drinking lots of water right after the show to induce diuresis (and have a short taper on your diuretics, if you were taking any).

                I had absolutely zero water bloat after my shitload a couple weeks ago - none, zero, zilch. In fact, I looked better on Mon. than I did show day - dry but fuller, and very vascular. Same for a friend I had do the same last weekend... (He's reknowned for having a big rebound - kinda prides himself on it. He uses pharm. diuretics, but I don't, and he didn't last weekend and looked the best he ever had. I thought he was going to try to make love to me he was so happy with how he looked!!! LOL)

                -R
                The Book Has Arrived!
                The Book Has Arrived!

                Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"


                www.TrueNutrition.com

                2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good thread guys...



                  Originally posted by homonunculus
                  I thought he was going to try to make love to me he was so happy with how he looked!!! LOL)

                  -R

                  Are you sure that wasn't just wishful thinking on your part? j/k

                  R, if you looked better on Monday...DAMN! scary...


                  BW
                  Where the world's elite athletes get their supplements:

                  www.trueprotein.com

                  BW

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Maybe I just don't understand your question but what and how would "dry" carbs affect your condtion for the next week either positively or negatively? I guess I don't understand your concern over using non-dry carbs vs. dry carbs. If you could clarify, that would be cool.

                    Skip


                    Facebook: Skip Hill
                    Instagram: @intensemuscle
                    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                    TikTok: @intensemuscle


                    For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

                    Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      well im not sure, lol...this is my first time doing 2 shows back to back.. i just dont wanna fill out too much and end up spilling over and not have time to "fix" that in time for the next show - which is a week apart from the first one...

                      i was just thinking of running the controlled shitload on friday nite with chewy granola bars, bananas, bagels, rice cakes, all-natural peanut butter...and then in the morning after weigh-in go out for some pancakes or french toast with a ham omelette...

                      then sunday push water like crazy until tuesday and go back to the depletion until friday nite again..then go all out...what d'ya think??

                      im just scared that all that sodium i might take in for the first show might affect my condition for the 2nd show...but ur rite, i should leave nothing to chance, i just dont wanna look like ass for the 2nd show.

                      pudge
                      Last edited by pudge; 07-23-2004, 09:34 AM.
                      " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

                      "Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

                      "if you're going through hell... keep going"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pudge
                        well im not sure, lol...this is my first time doing 2 shows back to back.. i just dont wanna fill out too much and end up spilling over and not have time to "fix" that in time for the next show - which is a week apart from the first one...

                        i was just thinking of running the controlled shitload on friday nite with chewy granola bars, bananas, bagels, rice cakes, all-natural peanut butter...and then in the morning after weigh-in go out for some pancakes or french toast with a ham omelette...

                        then sunday push water like crazy until tuesday and go back to the depletion until friday nite again..then go all out...what d'ya think??

                        im just scared that all that sodium i might take in for the first show might affect my condition for the 2nd show...but ur rite, i should leave nothing to chance, i just dont wanna look like ass for the 2nd show.

                        pudge
                        If anything, I think you'll look BETTER for the second show...I don't think you should worry about it...you'll have time to "fix" it.

                        I agree and say just do the first show like you were only doing the first show...and then Sunday, get on your horse and get ready for the next weekend...


                        BW
                        Where the world's elite athletes get their supplements:

                        www.trueprotein.com

                        BW

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Pudge, i think you should eat pizza everyday from now until your first contest then tighten up the diet for the second one. LOL
                          Information that bigpapapump presents is totally fictitious in nature and is presented for role playing purposes only. The opinions presented do not encourage the use of illegal substances nor take the place of professional medical advice

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            lol, ha!!...dont tempt me, i just might....hehe

                            pudge
                            " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

                            "Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

                            "if you're going through hell... keep going"

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X