Intense Diet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intense Diet Question

I have about 6 weeks to lose 15 lbs. I starting hitting the gym twice today and will do that religiously. Getting lots of cardio and some good weight training in. I am just wondering if anyone has any really good diet ideas that can help me out.

Im all ears
    Leslie

it would be helpful if you can post some kind of outline of what your diet basically looks like. gym 2X/day? ...one cardio session and 1 weight session?
    www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

I posted a sample diet in NikeGodess's topic - maybe have a look at that and see what you think?

Comment

LeslieJo,

Is the goal truly wt. loss (for competition in a wt. class) or maximizing appearance (photoshoot, etc.)?...

-Randy
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

As for diet right now it looks like this:

Breakfast is my big meal. I will have boiled egg whites, some form of fruit(very little, but with enough sugar to get me going) and some form of starch(wheat toast, small amount of rice, etc.)

Lunch is fish or chicken breast(baked)steamed veggies(no butter)

Supper is either just a veggie salad or cheerios with skim milk. I do not eat past 6pm.

In between I will eat carrots or yogurt. I drink water and crystal light. I am taking some new suppliments that I got at GNC called Total lean. It is a set of 3. One you take in the morning to help boost metabolism. One you take at lunch that is a carb and fat blocker. The last is just fiber that you take at night.

I got to the gym in the morning and I always get an hour worth of cardio in, then 3 with that I do 3 days a week of lower body, 3 days a week of upper body and abs daily. I take Sunday off. I go in the afternoon and swim.

So give me your advice on what to add or take away.

And Im not doing this for either. It is much more important than that this time. My husband has been gone overseas for 7 months and I want to look my best for when he comes home.
          Leslie

Comment

Try cutting carbs out at 4 pm daily only protein after that time.

Cardio on a empty stomach in the morning with maybe a small protein shake in water, like 25 grams of protein pre cardio, 30 minutes am and 30 minutes pm cardio...
            "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

i would switch the fish/chicken with the cheerios. if you had enough food in there i'd spread it out a bit more (making more meals with the same amount of food), but it seems kind of awkward to do that with what you have up there. what homo was getting at is that you dont necessarily have to lose 15 lbs on the dot as long as you look your best. other than that.. do what inhuman said.
              www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Thanks ya'll. I will try all of this out and see what happens. Yea the 15 lbs is a just a goal and I am such a goal person. Alittle obsessive I guess at times.
                Leslie

Comment

Leslie,

I know it seems counter-intuitive to eat more to lose weight, but with the amount you're working out it seems that you maybe you do need more. Your body will use your muscles as an energy source if that's all that's there and you're using an awful lot of energy up with what you're doing.

Another thought on the cardio, besides what has been mentioned about doing it early and on an empty stomach, is to do an alternating walk/jog session. Start out walking for 5 minutes, waking your body and getting your metabolism kicked in gear. Roll right into an easy jog for 5 minutes. Its just enough to tell your body that it needs to go faster with fat burning, but you're not doing it long enough to tap into muscle stores for energy because you drop it back to 5 min of walking briskly when it gets to needing more energy. You never get to huffing and puffing. Never. Alternate walking and jogging for 35 min.

If you were to jog for 35 min. you'd tap into muscle stores for energy and you don't want to do that as the more muscle you have the more energy you need at rest just to maintain yourself. Shorter periods of faster work keep your body from getting set into using one set fuel source.

It works really well for me. Just a thought.
                  "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
                  Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

Originally posted by LeslieJo
                    Thanks ya'll. I will try all of this out and see what happens. Yea the 15 lbs is a just a goal and I am such a goal person. Alittle obsessive I guess at times.
                    A little obsession, focused in the right direction, is a good thing. This place is filled with obsessives.
                    "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
                    Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

Lil Missus....

I have been doing your program of walking and jogging intervals along with strict diet and intense weight training. Awesome workout. Along with swimming I must say this feels good. I expect results...thanks!
                      Leslie

Comment

i can't think of anything that hasn't already been mentioned but i hope everything works out for you. these guys know what they are talking about. oh and i'm sure you already now this but drink lots of water
                        My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

all important points mentioned..cardio on empty really kicks ass..and you can actually have a pro/fat meal after your cardio session instead of carbs..this will help lengthen the duration of lipolysis..wish you luck!
                          Your Training is Brutal..But the Side Effects Shouldn't be..

Comment

Working...
                          X