Ground beef questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground beef questions....

i had a few questions regarding lean ground beef, i dont understand how you can be accurate with the fat content in it... if you get 80/20 ground beef for example is that 20% fat if you dont drain out any of the fat at all and eat it as it? What i usually by is 93% lean and after cooking i just get a spoon and get rid of all the fat in there... i know that doesnt make it fat free but how would you figure out your fat content? Im cutting so it matters so im starting to think red meat is a no no for cutting. And last question what is this wash it off with water ive read you guys do.... when do you do this after being cooked? Sorry for the newbie questions just wanna see how many cals i take in

Im interested in This too.

Comment

Yea i mean i love lean ground beef i have been eating it everday and just going by what the label says but im under the impressoin if its 20% fat like 80/20 ground beef thats if you leave all the fat in the dam pan and eat all that too.... my guess is there is no way of really telling how much fat your getting becuase there is always fat on the meat and within it that getting a accurate number is tuff. I guess it might have to be back to just plain chicken breast and tuna ....... dam its boring

Comment

yep, wash it after cooking it. when i'm cutting i usually go for boneless skinless chicken breasts though
        My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

thanks HH sounds alittle odd i guess to pour water all over it doesnt that taste funny?

Comment

no, just use hot water so it doesn't make the meat cold.
            My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

while we're on the subject of ground beef. does anyone have any easy recipes. iv'e got a crap-ton of beef in the freezer and am getting tired of eating it the same way every time

Comment

Where IH this guy loves meat lets see what his take is on it .. lo

Comment

Did someone mention meat, I could smell those letters being typed, as HH said after I get done cooking 3 or 4 lbs of 4% fat ground beef, I place a cover over the pan and fill the pan with hot water then slide the cover a bit to drain the excess fat and water, I do this 2 or 3 times, if the meat cools a bit just reheat on the stove for a sec and off you go.

If I can't find the 4,7 or 10% and I need ground bad as I cook it I continually smash it in the pan to get out most of the fat then I rinse when finally cooked and I have had even 20% come out great.

Or course the better cut of meat it will be more marbled so the fat content will be higher to make the meat taste better, so Flank Steak ground up is almost no fat and Sirloin ground up is quite a bit of fat, I get the butcher to ground up London Broil for me and its very low in fat...
                  Last edited by In-Human; 07-19-2004, 10:07 PM.
                  "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

good post IH but im still waiting on my questoins up top to be answered if you get a chance thanks bro ... is there really any way of telling how much fat

Comment

A 3 oz serving of 80/20 would be:

22 grams of protein

14 grams of fat

231 kcals

Remember that it is % of fat by weight, so its not really accurate count on fat grams, that above is for Sirloin ground...
                      "That damn log book"

Comment

Yea i guess for cutting its just not that good of a option

Comment

I have a job for someone that is overly energetic:

Find a nutritional breakdown of all types of beef and post those fuckers so that we can compare what is what. I know the breakdown of the couple parts I have eaten for the last 20 years but it would be interesting to compare the parts and see if there might be some other alternative.

Anyone got a little time to add some info to IM?

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: @intensemuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Skipper, Ok done, would you like in one of the other forums or what?...
                            "That damn log book"

Comment

hey IH, you know any good way to prepare ground beef? i'm getting bored with mine

Comment

Working...
                              X