Body fat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body fat...

Is there a reason why when leaning up the fat doesnt come off the dam love handles and midsection at the rate it does other areas... im not sure if its just me but im getting leaner gradually everywhere else but waist is still the same size and love handles and lower back bodyfat isnt changing much... wondering if this is normal.

"They" say stomach fat is the last to go...Its the same for myself. No matter how hard I try the fat around my midsection is way behind everything else.
    Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!

Comment

"They" say that for men. "They" also say fat from the hips is the last to go for women.
      Please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes

Comment

It totally depends on your system and how your body stores fat and where, each person will gain and lose it from a different spot as they diet or gain weight...
        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Well - what others have said is certainly true for me.

Handles and lower back are last place for it to go - right after lower abs. It always seems to come back at those place first

Right now I'm pretty lean except in those areas. Since my last contest I tried to stay lean but didn't focus enough on it. So my penalty is fat in those troubled areas

xcel
          Lift Smarter, not more
          60% Nutrition - 25% Workout - 10% Rest - 5% Supplementation

Comment

Yea i wish what you guys were talking about as fat was what i had lol im sure its just a pinch or two most of you guys are in great shape... i have a nice chunk i can grab and pull on its pissin me off lol but im gonna keep dieting hopefully it will slim down my mid section is starting to show some abs its just the sides.

Comment

Cardio, cardio, cardio....low carbs....hard as hell but once it's off, you can keep it off if you maintain a good diet....

Comment

yea trust me im doin cardio im up to 1.5hours a day half on a empty stomach and the other half at night.

Comment

I just read that doing cardio on an empty stomach in the a.m. has great benefits. Most of us lift and do cardio AFTER training. Maybe your body needs a "shock" - change the routine. I find I burn more by doing cardio before training....not good for competition but I will go back to that once my competition is over.

Also, if possible, do your cardio in the a.m. on the empty stomach, then hit the weights later (try it a couple times a week or on a weekend if you have time). The waist is tough...can empathize...had quite a time after my third child.

Comment

Also, the low-carb diet does work...you have to do it for a couple of weeks in conjunction with the cardio. No sugar whatsoever! Try it for a month. You'll see results.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson23
                      yea trust me im doin cardio im up to 1.5hours a day half on a empty stomach and the other half at night.
                      Man I hope you aint trying to gain muscle on your program when doing cardio on a empty stomach in the am, at least have a protein shake in water so you have some energy and you will not burn muscle for energy and just fat...
                      "That damn log book"

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                        Man I hope you aint trying to gain muscle on your program when doing cardio on a empty stomach in the am, at least have a protein shake in water so you have some energy and you will not burn muscle for energy and just fat...
                        will this slow down the fat burning process?
                        "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Originally posted by GetnBigr
                          will this slow down the fat burning process?
                          How much muscle are you willing to give up to drop fat?...
                          "That damn log book"

Comment

Thanks for the post IH, well so far i havent lost any muscle by what the scales says and according to my body fat measurements.... im not doing the whole body fat calculatoins what im doin is picking 4 areas and just seeing how much i can pinch and checking it ever 2weeks or so to see if the number goes down. Ive been loosing roughly 1.5-2pounds a week. I dont feel that ive lost any muscle and as long as i have my protein intake high and the cardio is low intensity like a nice walk i think i can keep most of my muscle. And another thing is ive been getting stronger every week in the gym increasing reps and weight so if this is happening i should be adding some muscle given my protein is high enough right? I know im not getting smaller thats for sure. But then again im no expert im here to learn But i do understand im not gonna get great size gains right now main goal is to get stronger and burn this fat so i can go back to adding size

Comment

and another thing is nobody is more scared of doing cardio then me lol im afraid ill into a stick but i finally gave it a try and i saw my bodyweight wasnt flying down and trust me if it was i would of dumped the cardio awhile ago becuase i know loosing to much to fast has to be alot of muscle loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X