Bonds Rec'd AAS according to SF Chronicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonds Rec'd AAS according to SF Chronicle

I just read a post on BM that the newspaper San Francisco Chronicle has reported that federal investigators have said that Barry Bonds, Gary Sheffield, and Jason Giambi received AAS and GH from Balco.

info was from the Associated Press.

I do not have access to the Chronicle, maybe someone else has read of this?

like I said it was posted on BM...so I do not know it as fact.
    [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
    Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Report: Investigators told Bonds, Giambi, Sheffield received steroids

March 2, 2004
    SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Barry Bonds received steroids and human growth hormone from a nutritional supplements lab implicated in a steroid-distribution ring, according to information given to federal investigators, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Tuesday.

Investigators also were told that New York Yankees stars Jason Giambi and Gary Sheffield, plus three other major leaguers and one NFL player, were given steroids, the newspaper reported.

Bonds' personal trainer, Greg Anderson, gave the players the drugs from the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, according to information given to the government and shared with the newspaper.

The report did not say how federal investigators received the information or how the newspaper learned of it.

Bonds, Giambi and Sheffield have denied using steroids. All testified last year before the grand jury that indicted Anderson and three others in the alleged steroid-distribution ring.

Bonds refused to comment Tuesday at the Giants' spring training camp in Scottsdale, Ariz., softly telling a reporter: ``Get out of my locker.'' The Giants said they would not comment on the report.

Bonds' attorney, Michael Rains, told the Chronicle: ``We continue to adamantly deny that Barry was provided, furnished or supplied any of those substances at any time by Greg Anderson.''

At the Yankees' spring training camp in Tampa, Fla., Giambi and Sheffield wouldn't directly address the report.

``Speculation doesn't bother me. It's as simple as that,'' Sheffield said. ``I deal with it. You know I don't like dealing with issues. You know I don't like dealing with controversy. Nobody likes to do that.''

Prosecutors released documents last month saying Anderson told federal agents he gave steroids to several professional baseball players. No players were identified in those documents.

Anderson's attorney, Tony Serra, said last Friday the trainer had seven professional athletes as clients -- Bonds, five other major leaguers, and one football player.

Serra also said that Bonds ``never took anything illegal'' and that the slugger was offered -- but rejected -- a substance at the heart of the government's case.

That substance, according to government documents, was the recently unmasked steroid THG.

Anderson has been charged with participating in a steroid-distribution ring that provided performance-enhancing drugs to professional athletes. Also charged were BALCO founder Victor Conte; the lab's vice president, James Valente; and track coach Remi Korchemny.

All four pleaded innocent and are free on bond.

The Chronicle reported that two of Bonds' former teammates -- Marvin Benard of the White Sox and Benito Santiago of the Royals -- and former Oakland Athletics infielder Randy Velarde also received performance-enhancing drugs, as did Oakland Raiders linebacker Bill Romanowski.

Citing an anonymous source, the Chronicle reported that Anderson provided Bonds with steroids and human growth hormone as far back as 2001, when the slugger hit 73 homers to break the single-season record.

Human growth hormone works like a steroid, building muscle mass and helping athletes recover from training. Standard drug tests are unable to detect it, but scientists are working to develop a reliable test before this summer's Athens Olympics.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGNM5C3AV1.DTL

-slide
    Last edited by slide; 03-02-2004, 01:11 PM.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Thanks for posting the article bro.....

Looks like the doo-doo is hitting the fan for real.......

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
      Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

No problem, bro... I guess what I saw on ESPN this morning is what was in that article...that there was evidence that they received, but that they all deny receiving and using. Of course, who knows at this point. Doesnt sound like this one is going to "blow over" any time soon.

-slide
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

I am curious about how the olympic stiffs are going to test for exogenous GH.

They gonna start doing spinal taps or something??
          Last edited by SuperSport; 10-25-2004, 08:54 PM.

Comment

no one will ever know the truth. The media blows everything out of proportion to make it seem as if they uncovered a great story. I hate watching the news; it's like watching a friggin soap opera.
            "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Working...
            X