Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Grip Barbell Rows/Yates Rows- Like Them??? Or Dislike Them???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Grip Barbell Rows/Yates Rows- Like Them??? Or Dislike Them???

Do you notice a difference between Reverse Grip Rows/Yates Rows and regular Barbell Rows for Lat development???

Originally posted by texas ranger
    Do you notice a difference between Reverse Grip Rows/Yates Rows and regular Barbell Rows for Lat development???
    Did you by any chance post this on other boards?, I swear I have seen this a couple times today, lol.

Anyway I like the old BB Bent Rows regular Grip for my Lats, but that is just me, I feel it more on my lats then the reverse grip...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I don't really like reverse grip anything...lol but that's just me.
      Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggerStronger
        I don't really like reverse grip anything...lol but that's just me.
        How bout Reverse Grip Cable Curls for your Forearms, ever try those?.

Sorry to jack your thread there texas ranger...
        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I do those on occasion, but I feel that most reverse grip excercises put too much stress on my wrists...But yes those do work well for forearms.
          Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!

Comment

I like them personally-I feel tigheter through the elbows and like I am using less biceps.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

My wrists don't allow the reverse grip w/ a barbell, although I used to be able to do them on a Smith machine - worked pretty damn well, from what I recall...

-R
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I like to alternate. One week I do regular grip and the next week I do reverse grip.
                "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

You ever notice powerlifters who tear biceps, its always the one palm up. Screw reverse grip. You cant use any kinda weight without fear, or stress on the wrists. PLUS you can just overall go heavier with the overhand grip.

Comment

Tore my bicep doing reverse grip........took month's to heal,still looks funny too!...I say the risks outway the benefits.
                    GF
                    The older I get the lighter the weights used to be...........

Comment

I wondered about this as I cant turn my palms face up due to limited rotation in my elbows - my left one which had a fracture of part of it is the worst for this as its natural rotation is about as far as you need for an ez bar

So I cant do any reverse grips properly or straight bar curls -

Am I really missing out on something?

Comment

Reverse Rows

Dorian quit doing them when his bicep tore while reverse rowing...of course, I think he he was using like 385+...I had his Blood and Guts video till a buddy "borrowed it" a few years ago and now "can't find it"-
                        I've tried em a few times...I think you get a better contraction with the reverse grip, but I don't know if that is worth the risk of a torn bicep....

Comment

I've been doing them for over 10 years without injury, etc.
                          2010 NPC New England - Open & Masters Light Heavy
                          2010 NPC Cutler Classic - Open & Masters Light Heavy
                          2001 INBF Constitution State - Open Middleweight
                          2001 INBF Natural New York State - Open Middleweight
                          2000 ANBA Natural Xtravaganza - Open Middleweight
                          2000 NGA New England - Open Middleweight
                          1999 NABF Maine Super Natural - Open Middleweight
                          1999 NABF New England Super Natural - Open Middleweight

Comment

I have noticed the more weight you use - in absolute terms - the easier it gets to do damage.
                            I have popped a hamstring deadlifting twice now - both times when repping 220kg - whereas with a lighter weight at the same intensity - no problems.

I think this is why we only run into problems with things like reverse grip rows, behind the neck presses when our strength passes a certain point - that is the ability of our connective tiussue and joints abilities to cope with an unusual and unnataural load.

Comment

I think it's a wonderful exercise as long as you don't go crazy on the weights. I, like alot of others feel a better contraction in my Lats with the Reverse Grip, but I don't use 300+lbs on them. That's just asking for trouble. For the most part, everyone knows their limitations. Just be smart with the weight you use and focus on the muscle being worked. Remember, Lee Haney(8 time Mr.O) who had one of the greatest backs & Lat spread in the history of the sport only used 225lbs on Barbell Rows. He said several times he could have gone much higher, but he didn't need to. He said stimulate the muscle, not annihilate.

Comment

Working...
                              X