Outside the Lines, on ESPN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside the Lines, on ESPN...

Did anyone catch it? It was talking about steroids and the increasing baseball injuries?
    Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right
    person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose,
    and in the right way, that is not easy.
    -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I missed it...would love to hear some thoughts on it though, if anyone watched..

-slide
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Re: Outside the Lines, on ESPN...

Originally posted by winnie
      Did anyone catch it? It was talking about steroids and the increasing baseball injuries?
      Yes, please give us the one sided context of their story
      Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Well seeing it looks like I am the only one who caught most of it...they went into detail and showed from i believe 1996 through 2001 salary increase of players and the increase of injuries. They blamed the increasing size of the players as the main fault for these injuries, leading them to the only solution in thier eyes, steroids and supplements (andro). They had doctors speaking about the amount of muscle mass that players are putting on it is putting them all at risk of injury as thier joints and ligaments can withstand the new wieght. Which I personally know from experience as I am sure some of you guys know to this does happen. They also went into a whole speel that 70% of injuries can be prevented with the proper education in the proper pitcher mechanics and teams just don't want to pay 1k per pitcher, only 3 or 4 teams do this.

Then they were highlighting some of the guys who have recently got injured and they showed Jeter....LOL, when he slid into third base and colided with the catcher, i don't know who remembers this, but that couldn't have been prevented, it was just hard play. Then they went on and showed Griffey who has been plagued with injuries and I personally don't see him juicing to the bone like bonds, or giambi and shefield last year.

They summed it up at the end showing that in the year 1996 the total salary for all players was less then the 2001 palyers who who were on DL that year.

Comment

Then they were highlighting some of the guys who have recently got injured and they showed Jeter....LOL, when he slid into third base and colided with the catcher, i don't know who remembers this, but that couldn't have been prevented, it was just hard play.
          I remember that play from the beginning of the season last year. He was sliding into third and the throw was high and the player landed on Jeter's shoulder after he caught the ball. That's almost laughable to say Jeter either uses steroids or steroids were the cause of the injury.

Hopefully the show will be on again so I can watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by mark mcgwire
            I remember that play from the beginning of the season last year. He was sliding into third and the throw was high and the player landed on Jeter's shoulder after he caught the ball. That's almost laughable to say Jeter either uses steroids or steroids were the cause of the injury.

Hopefully the show will be on again so I can watch it.

They never directly said Jeter was "using," it was just one of the clips they were running while talking about it...little media games.

Comment

They never directly said Jeter was "using," it was just one of the clips they were running while talking about it...little media games.
              I follow ya now. It just leaves the window open for interpretation, and they (media) hopes you'll draw the conclusion they hope.

Media = :chair:

Comment

It sounds like they were comparing apples to oranges...and were only making "round-about" statements that leave more to coincidence/chance, than actual aas use. Its very frustrating to watch shows like this...typically I like Outside the Lines, but it seems like, as is true with several media outlets, only the news that fits their story shall be told...Sucks..

-slide
                "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

media sucks!!!! They should have a disclaimer that reads, "This is our opinion and interpretation and is no way based on factual evidence. If you want facts please investigate things on your own."
                  "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Wow, that link to Jeter is the most insane thing I have ever heard! That was an absolute legit injury that happened and nothing could have prevented it...hard play! I think people get too damn caught up in hype rather than facing facts anymore!

TH
                    For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

Working...
                    X