Amway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amway

Hi I am looking for as much info as possible on Amaway, and their Nutrilite brand.

if anyone has any info please pm, post it here or mail me - I know its a pyramid selling scheme, I have a friend getting involved and we (me and others) want to get as much info together for him so he either goes in with his eyes open - or if its a big scam - sees it as one.

(I am very suspicious indeed)

seems like a scam to me-I had people try and sign me up but I don't want what there selling.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

It's definitely a pyramid scheme and it has been around for a long long time. I think the novelty of it wore off long ago and your friend will have a hard time selling it or it's products.
      "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

My brother and I looked into Amway's internet program...I can't even remember what the name of it was. He got involved in it.....he spent an assload of time and some money going to functions, meetings, etc.....he dropped out after about 6 months.

They paint a pretty pic,-and some of their products are pretty good (cleaners especially) but don't expect to make much money for time invested.
        [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
        Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

It's not cheap that's for sure you can get mealreplacement bars for less, we use their laundry products have tried some of the bars and shakes but they're not cost effective. Don't buy into the rebate crap, if I have to spend and extra 20 bucks to get a 5 dollar rebate they can keep it. I was born at night but not last night. We buy what we use from them and use the services of Quixtar and if someone wants some we'll order it for them but we don't pimp the stuff every where we go.

JohnnyB
          SteroidSupport
          Steroidology
          Anabolic-Planet
          AnabolicReview
          PrecisionMuscle
          AtomicalMuscle
          QualityMuscle

Drug Profiles
          Calculate Your Cycle Here
          Calculate Homemade Gear Here

Comment

Ahhh..thanks JohnnyB....Quixtar was the name of the internet program we looked into.

Looked great on paper.....but in reality my bro did not go far.
            Some people do make some good cash on it...but ya gotta get in on the ground floor.
            [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
            Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

I will personlly stick to Publix (grocery store).
              "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Thanks - here in the UK they are completely unknown!

We are particularly interested in the quality of their nutritional products and their manufacture!

Comment

Stay away from Amway or Quixtar...60 minutes did a piece on them a few week ago and it was not pretty. They have their own people suing the company...And don't ever let anyone tell you that quixtar is not amway!!!I have been in network marketing for many years and wouldn't touch that company.
                  You can find much better nutrititional products if you do a search online.
                  Furthermore if they won't give you a lab analysis on their products...walk away!
                  As Johnny B said, their soap powder has been their claim to fame and its a decent product...But not cheap..
                  Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Have you got the tape.
                    The thing is the guy doesnt seem to have much of a problem with their marketing tactics at all at the moment. Do you know where I could get that 60mins documentary ?
                    if the products were actually rubbish - that would really help. If they are legit I think the idiot will go in with them.

I wouldnt touch MLM or network marketing and I have been an area sales manager, and sold vaccums, double glazing, cars, mobile phones - all the reputable stuff and I wouldnt go in with them, and im known for my poor judgement

Comment

QuietlyDoesIt, I have been a Shaklee member for the last 20 years and I have been taking their vitamin products since I was 9, I know in the past it was Amway and Shaklee head to head in selling cleaning products and vitamins, the only thing I can tell you is that Amway buys companies that are bout to go under to see if the can make a profit, they do have some good cleaning products and soap, but they do try to sell you on the business and selling it to others and you make money from your people selling products so get a % of what is sold.

This company has probably been around for 40 years or more, I never knew it to be a scam, but you never know now a days...
                      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

You would need to do a search in the 60 minute achives to find it.
                        They said, and Amways top people admitted that 80% of their money was made on marketing material sales and not the products.
                        Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Tried it 3 different times in my life. Too cultish and the quality of participants vary widely. Part of the program is to only associate with people in Amway to stay motivated. The rallies are a bit scary in a Stepford way. I think the key is you need a good sponsor, a total belief in the ideology, and suspension of your individuality. Not for everyone. Products okay but expensive. I buy most of my supps at an internet vitamin "shop" except my true protein. A few months ago, a guy try to talk me into that quixstar crap while I was in the freaking sauna at the gym!

Comment

TheLil'Missus and I were in Amway years ago. Like many we spent lots of time and money and didn't really get anything out of it.
                            I'll say this. It's not that Amway/Quixtar doesn't work. It just didn't work for us.

Their products, the cleaners and the Nutrilite line: good quality products but NOT cheap.

The money making part: Amway has been around since the 50's and literally 100's have become millionaires in "the system." But 100's of 1000's have joined, started and failed. Just like any other business venture. Some will succeed (fewer) and some will fail (more).

Again, it's not that it doesn't work. It just doesn't work for ver many, proportionately speaking.
                            CrossFit Champions
                            Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Working...
                            X