Hey Skip...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Skip...

Sorry to bug you man but i was wondering if you could take a second to explain something for me, i wanted to know your thoughts on a time-carb diet compared to just having low carbs every day. Ive been doing a timed carb diet for a 6weeks now and i can really tell a difference seems to work well. I just wondering what your thoughts are on it compared to the type of diet you have been doing in your journal. IMO i seems that if you just go right into a timed carb diet you get right to the fat burning state pretty fast and always seem to be burning fat since you only really have carbs pre and post workout and a day or two for re-feeds. Well let me know what your thoughts are thanks bro

I don't know exactly what you are refering to, bro. If you could be more detailed with your explanation, I will gladly give you my opinions on it. The "timed carb" name doesn't ring any bells for me.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

You know Skip the carb that comes on the bus everyday at 5:00 sharp.

Comment

Maybe he's talking about only taking in carbs during certain periods of the day...(I.E. first thing in the morning or at noon or no carbs after a certain time)

I don't know....just a foolish guess. lol.
        Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggerStronger
          Maybe he's talking about only taking in carbs during certain periods of the day...(I.E. first thing in the morning or at noon or no carbs after a certain time)

I don't know....just a foolish guess. lol.
          Gee, ya think? LOL

I know I am pretty low carb right now but I put THAT part together, bro. I just don't know whether he is refering to a specific time frame or a specific plan.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Ok just got your response, sorry about the confusion i shoudl of been more clear. I am talkin about a diet where you only take in carbs pre and post workout and the meal after post workout but the rest of your meals are all protien/fat meals. Days you do not work out you do not have any carbs at all maybe some veggies but pretty much none. And one or two days a week you have a refeed but nothing crazy like 200-250g carb refeed. It is pretty much like a keto diet but this diet allows you to actually have carbs but have them at times where they are very un likely to spill over into fat. And from the looks of it this diet looks like you will be loosing bodyfat at a good rate while sparing muscle since your body is using fat as a primary fuel as energy. Hope this clears it up let me know what you think im just curious on what you think compared to how your diet in your journal.

p.s. of course this diet requirees high protein to keep that muscle

Comment

And unlike a keto diet your performance in a gym wont suffer as well.

Comment

Tyson,

This is referred to as a Targetted Ketogenic Diet (TKD) among the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet (CKD) fans. A TKD is one type of CKD.

-R
                The Book Has Arrived!
                The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Thanks randy for clearing that up i wasnt sure the specific name on it just read alot about it and have been doing it and feels to be working. Just wondering why not go at a diet like this right from the start seems to be to acheive a goal much faster and im sure there are plenty of ways to tweak it when you hit a wall. Just curious thats all

Comment

Sorry I was trying to sound like more of a smart ass but it wasn't too clear in my post...lmao j/k skip
                    Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson23
                      Ok just got your response, sorry about the confusion i shoudl of been more clear. I am talkin about a diet where you only take in carbs pre and post workout and the meal after post workout but the rest of your meals are all protien/fat meals. Days you do not work out you do not have any carbs at all maybe some veggies but pretty much none. And one or two days a week you have a refeed but nothing crazy like 200-250g carb refeed. It is pretty much like a keto diet but this diet allows you to actually have carbs but have them at times where they are very un likely to spill over into fat. And from the looks of it this diet looks like you will be loosing bodyfat at a good rate while sparing muscle since your body is using fat as a primary fuel as energy. Hope this clears it up let me know what you think im just curious on what you think compared to how your diet in your journal.

p.s. of course this diet requirees high protein to keep that muscle
                      All these names to keep track of: TKD, CKD, OPP... hehe

Do I think it is a good idea? Well, yeah. That is why I do it at different times in my prep, also. I just don't go with "one" plan but it does get encorporated at different times. An example would be over the last few weeks I have had 2 or 3 days that I only take in carbs postworkout and possibly the meal after that. Other than that, the carbs are simply not there (unless there are trace amounts in my peanut butter or small amount of vegetables in a stir fry, etc..). I only do this when I need to push the carbs very low. I won't let go of my carbs postworkout - though I might lower them on occasion, I do not like to touch them at all. I prefer not to mess too much with the 2nd meal after the postworkout meal, either, but when push comes to shove, those carbs will eventually get cut, too.

Now, I don't do this for long periods of time but use it for 2 or 3 or 4 days to get the bodyweight dropping. When it does, it usually falls pretty quick so I can get carbs back in the other meals to stabilize the weight so that it doesn't continue falling.

Should you start your program this way? I don't think so because this will drastically limit your calories right from the start. Then, if you start dropping too quickly and need to add in extra carbs, you only have 2 meals to add them to (by your description of the plan) and that could have you taking in 200g postworkout and maybe another 100g or so for the next meal. I don't think that amount of carbs would be a great idea in such a short amount of time.

Just my opinion.........

Skip

Comment

Thanks for the insight skip, quick questions i see that you said its not good to go to right from the start becuase it lowers your cals right away... one thing i forgot to mention about this diet is the fat content is pretty moderate which im sure you already assumed. so lets say 2500-2600cals for a 200pound man dieting isnt that low? just an example. becuase if protein is at 350 fat 120 and carbs at lest say 100grams training days thats roughly....2700-2800cals if i did my math right did it kinda of fast might be off lol. So if protein is high enough and fat is up there as well shouldnt that provide enough kcals? I know your the man thats why im asking not questioning you at all. Thanks bro

Comment

and dont forget there are 2 re-feeds during the week to kinda of carb up but not to high like 200-250 not sure if you didnt see that above or if it mattes

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson23
                            . so lets say 2500-2600cals for a 200pound man dieting isnt that low? just an example.
                            I can't say for sure. I mean, some guys much larger than myself have to do massive cardio and drop calories much further than I do. On the other hand, I am sure there are plenty that take in more calories than I do and drop weight so it is in relation to you and your metabolism. I can't give an accurate answer for your question, bro. If you wanted to try it out, just be careful and watch your weight at the start and if it starts dipping too quickly, bump your calories.

If you decide to do this, keep us posted, bro. I would be interested to see how it works for you.

Skip

Comment

Will do skip thanks alot for your responses i know your busy guy and not only that doin low to zero carbs at the moment lol so i apprecate the time. Ive been doing it for a few weeks now took me about a week to actually get my body to transfer over and use fats as energy but that first week was pretty rough but now i feel great. I mean when you look at the diet it seems to be like a keto type diet but i 5 out 7 days i actually have carbs 3workout days and 2 re-feeds. So its not that bad just timed right i guess. Ive lost about 1pound so far and look leaner but i guess i wont know what i really look like til i fully carb back up at the end. But ill keep you guys posted

Comment

Working...
                              X