Dennis James Arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just posted by Chad Nicholls

Just wanted to let you guys know that I just got off the phone - had a LONG conversation with Dennis. He is out and definitely things are looking up for him.

After finding out a lot of the details - this whole situation is completely messed up! First, I want to say that almost everything conveyed in the thai newspaper and on thai news was false. I don't want to get into the whole deal - but I believe in Dennis 100% he is not the person the media is trying to make him out to be - and I think this truth will come out very soon.

Comment

Well, this is very encouraging. We all know that the authorities and the media have a history of blowing things out of proportion.

Let's hope Dennis can come out of this with clear vindication.
      [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
      Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Hope this is the start of good things for DJ...but I still worry about the DEA involvement. I can't confirm this at the moment...anyone?

Comment

looks like a bad situation for him right now...
          "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Here's what his lawyer posted on MM

"Thailands drug laws are probably the most severe in the world, up there with Singapore and Malaysia - zero tolerance.

....which, after 14 years, DJ knows better than anyone.

As Chad mentioned, anyone caught with 15 or less tablets is a fine and possible deportation. Anything over 15 is usually life in prison, or posibly the death penalty.

15 or 15,000 tablets, the punishment is basically the same.

He was shipped 19....hmmmmmm. "

Doesn't look good, although he has a good legal team behind him. Hopefully, the judge will consider what good he's done in his life!

Comment

Who the heck ships 19 tabs anyways?? Smells of setup to high heaven. :2guns:

Comment

That is a very good point!
                [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

It's that DEA involvement that worries me most. Those guys are like the Witchfinder General.

Comment

im is right guys..the dea is not involved over 18 or 19 tabs.. they have been watching him for awhile.. obviously, when the dea enlists the help of a foreign nation to nab someone, they are after a little bigger fish than 18 tabs of x.. :chair:

Comment

I was reading a post over at MassMonsterz by Smackaveli POST

Seems like he has some kind of inside knowledge???

Well, it's there if ya wanna read it

Lift light and ya never get tight ~

Comment

things are looking brighter for him, thats good
                        Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right
                        person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose,
                        and in the right way, that is not easy.
                        -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Comment

A piece from the note at Muscle Mayhem that stuck out:

But he had one more thing to do before he drove back to Pattaya. He had spent 5 days with some of the baddest drug dealers you could imagine - guys that freely admit to having tens of thousands of pills and will never be released – but he had made a promise. He went to Pizza Hut and KFC and bought his ex-cellmates all the pizza and chicken they could eat. He also gave one of the guys that will never see the light of day again, a pair of his Docker boots. He will never get to wear them, but he asked DJ for them and DJ went home barefoot. Says a lot about the guy.
                          That's DJ.

There are still some things that bother me though. I am just thinking out loud here because I want DJ to get out of this unscathed as bad as anyone else so don't get me wrong. But I am bothered by these points:

1. Who sends 19 X tabs to anyone?
                          2. Who sends 19 X tabs to anyone for no reason?
                          3. How did that coincide with the DEA intervention?
                          4. Why did the DEA get involved in what is basically a Thai affair?
                          5. Isn't 19 tabs a death penalty amount in Thailand (God forbid)?

Just a few questions running through my mind. I wish Dennis all the best and I hope he can come out of this safely. May his star shine through all this shambles.

Comment

All good questions IM^ ~ I really don't know or have a clue as to answer any of 'em though.

Lift light and ya never get tight ~

Comment

I really hope he comes out of this with just minimal jail time. It seems like many pros are distancing themselves from DJ already, even though he was well liked and had several "good" friends in pro BBing. This news is always bad for the sport. It just sucks!

Comment

Friends in need are friends indeed. The only time you truly know who your real friends are is when you fall and they are there to pick you up...

Comment

Working...
                                X