vein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vein

ok bros... i was injecting in my glutes this morning (about 7:00ish) and i moved a bit during the inject (not an easy reach) well when i started to put pressure back on the plunger it just didn't feel right at all, actually kinda hurt... i pulled the needle right out and had quite a bit of blood, well for a needle hole...

so here's my question... how concerned should i be ? i mean i don't suspect it was a mortal wound but how much directly into the bloodstream before it matters ? i would say from the time i moved till i felt the discomfort probably didn't squeeze any more than a 1/10 cc and i'm guessing the blood pressure pushed it right back out of the vein anyway...

and before i get chastised for bad practices let me state i did aspirate, but my back cramped while shooting and ended up causing me to move the needle...

so seriously do i have any reason to be concerned and if so is there anything i should do ? sorry for rattling on about something that may seem so trivial to some of the more senior bros but this is a new one for me.

thanks

are you still alive? good then I would say you're OK...

Comment

First off bro, we are here to help with any and all questions that anyone may have, no matter how trivial they may seem. I personally answer any question and give the best answer I possibly can.

Now as for what happened to you this morning....... It really isn't a big deal. If you got enough gear in your blood stream to cause a problem, you would know right away. You would start into a coughing fit, feel light headed and most likely feel like you might drop dead. Mind you, this would take more then 1/10 of a cc to have that reaction. Anyway, that didn't happen so your fine. The pressure you felt would have been you aspirating while the needle was in a vein.... this was pulling on the walls of the vein hence the pressure..... Again this isn't a huge deal, and will heal no problem.
      ADMIN @ Fitnessgeared.com
      MOD @ Worldclassbodybuilding.com

[email protected]

Comment

thanks bro... that is exactly what i was looking for...

i mean i was confident it wasn't enough in the blood to cause serious side effects and hell i was still walking and breathing but was really curious about what kind of reactions you would get from gear in the blood...

well, i got nothing but a big ol bruise on the a$$ and well i seem to always be lightheaded so that doesn't count...

Comment

Right on with the answer Crank.

I remember evertime I experienced somthing new during an inject, I'd run right to the computer.
          Please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes

Comment

A few corrections to what the Crank said (no offence meant Crank, you know me, I just like to get things right and correct some of the urban legends going on out there).

First, according to what you described Dim Mouse, the blood that issued from your injection site was almost certainly not caused by your going through a vein during the injection process. You said you did aspirate and, seeing that you started to inject, I am assuming that no blood resulted on aspiration. This means that the needle was in the clear and not inserted into any blood vessel. However, once the needle is moved when inserted, it will obviously cause transversal micro-tearing in the muscle fibres, resulting in a number of cut capillaries, which will, pretty obviously bleed instantly. This is almost certainly the source of the blood you saw (which can be quite profuse depending on the size of the damage and your current vascularity at the microscopic level); it was not blood coming from a vein. For the uninitiated, it would be a common but wrong assumption to make.

Secondly, the pressure you felt on your second aspiration could have been caused by the combination of two separate factors. First, if you had already injected even a small amount of oil into your glute and you tried to aspirate that back, obviously the viscosity of the oil in a confined space would create sufficient pressure for you to feel the vacuum. This would have been compounded by the increase in liquid volume at the site by the extra blood coming from the torn capillaries, which would have helped create more pressure and thus a higher vacuum force on aspiration. Remember we are talking on the cellular level here, it doesn't take much to do much and a normal syringe can generate surprising amounts of pressure in tight place such as an injection site. It is practically impossible for you to feel a sensation of pressure by the vacuum force generated by aspiration within a vein; it would have to be a pretty major vein and some pretty noticeable pressure for a vessel to collapse sufficiently to generate the sensation. A large vein simply does not collapse that way and a small vein, while still not prone to collapsing under pressure, would still not generate such a pressure sensation, even had you aspirated like an industrial vacuum cleaner. The pressure was simply the muscle fibres being pulled in by the momentary vacuum on aspiration.

Thirdly, the fact that you waltzed merrily along to your PC and asked if you were on the point of instant death means that you did not inject enough oil in your theoretical vein to kill you. Intravenous injections are usually felt in seconds, so the odds are that you will be fine, don't worry. As a quick note to Crank's remark about 1/10th of a cc not being enough to cause damage or problems, I need to point out that this is not always necessarily true; the potential damage of an injected volume of oil is also dependent on the exact point during the heart stroke cycle where it enters the cardiac valves. Not going to elaborate needlessly on this; just a little point I wanted to bring to everyone's attention.

Fourth, the subsequent bruise at the injection site was caused by the blood from the injured capillaries coagulating at the epidermal level; nothing serious and it is probably relatively painless anyway. The bruise would be bigger than the actual damage caused in this case.

Fifth, another small correction for you: blood pressure does not necessarily push out any injected fluid from a vessel - blood flows one way inside a blood vessel not in opposite directions; ie: it cannot create an inverse pressure that shoots an injectable back out. Most of any fluid injection is tranported away immediately with the flow of blood.

There you go. I think I addressed every point of importance you put up. Hope this has helped clear up some misconceptions (I assure you Crank meant well; he is a good wee laddie despite being dropped too often on his head at a very early age). It's just that some things are not as straightforward as they might seem on first analysis.

Oh, my final piece of advice? Stop shooting your own ass and get a pretty, young female nurse to do it. When are you young whippersnappers ever going to learn the REAL bodybuilding lifestyle?

Comment

IM^.... Your so damn long winded I don't even have time to read your whole response..... But I will say this. You can give your 2 cents whether it matches mine anytime you like.... I'm sure members would be more then glad to take more then one opinion in to consideration...... But for the members sake I think you should try to keep your responses to the coles notes version.... lol

Anyway.... About the first part there..... You say it wasn't a vein that he went through, and I'm sure it's possible that he may not have..... BUT. It is also quite possible that he went through a vein on the way in and past it far enough that when he aspirated a little bit he was no blood..... Then when moving the needle during injection, he may have moved it closer to the vein or in the vein. Which would back up the theory which I gave, which is obviously just my opinion as I am not a self taught doctor like my friend IM^ here.

[email protected]

Comment

IM-The amount of oil he would need to shoot into a vein in his glute for death to occur would need to be substantial-correct. I mean probably more than 3ml I read on this early on in my cycling but I can't remember what it was now.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

Thanks for the additional insight IM^ and let me just say I would love to fully embrace the bodybuilder lifestyle and get some pretty young female nurse to do my glute injects for me but alas I think that just might tick my wife off a bit...

although, if she were a registerd nurse then it would clearly be only a clinical relationship, right... hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by crankin'stein
                    IM^.... Your so damn long winded I don't even have time to read your whole response.....
                    Long winded I may be (can't run away from that one, you got me) but then again, I leave no stone unturned in an explanation do I? That's the way it should be. Oh and it would do you a lot of good to read what I said; time to learn from your elders my young Jedi. That way I won't have to correct you next time. *POKE*

I'm sure members would be more then glad to take more then one opinion in to consideration...... But for the members sake I think you should try to keep your responses to the coles notes version.... lol
                    Errr...that was not an opinion; that was medical fact my boy. I don't give opinions where things like this are concerned, I give you physiology and pharmacology. Yours was an opinion then eh? Good thing YOU were the one who pointed that out. Had I done that, you would have jumped a mile.

Anyway.... About the first part there..... You say it wasn't a vein that he went through, and I'm sure it's possible that he may not have..... BUT. It is also quite possible that he went through a vein on the way in and past it far enough that when he aspirated a little bit he was no blood..... Then when moving the needle during injection, he may have moved it closer to the vein or in the vein. Which would back up the theory which I gave, which is obviously just my opinion as I am not a self taught doctor like my friend IM^ here.
                    Damnation, there you go again misfiring on all four rockets. Look, let's pretend I AM a self taught doctor for a second. If you DO go through a vein on the way up, down, sideways, or while doing the dog, then, when you aspirate at ANY point - even deeper down (by whatever few mm the needle length may be - then you WILL aspirate blood. Unless you are a cadaver, going through a vein will blow the blood right out of it, straight into the trajectory of the needle. It does NOT seep out THAT slow - incorrect assumption you made there. Now let's stick to facts shall we? You make it sound like the blood would come out like molasses. Any more medical inconsistencies from you and you're in for a spanking.

Originally posted by rugbythug
                    IM-The amount of oil he would need to shoot into a vein in his glute for death to occur would need to be substantial-correct. I mean probably more than 3ml I read on this early on in my cycling but I can't remember what it was now.
                    This is correct for the average case but death has been reported on much smaller amounts. As I said, it will be individual related, and CAN (not will) depend on the timing entry of the oil pocket into the heart stroke cycle.

Originally posted by Dim Mouse
                    although, if she were a registerd nurse then it would clearly be only a clinical relationship, right... hmm...
                    Don't see why the missus should complain. This is only professional isn't it??

Comment

I knew you would have a lot to say you longwinded fool.....

I did go back and read your whole post already Yoda, as soon as I had time......

I didn't say it would come out like molasses, and if you think I implied that it would come out slow I surely didn't mean to...... But I do still believe it is possible to go through a vein, then aspirate and not draw blood. I speak from personal experience on that one.... So you can tell me as many things as you want that you read in a book, and I will still believe this.

[email protected]

Comment

I did go back and read your whole post already Yoda, as soon as I had time......
                        Good lad. Progress at last, albeit in minimal form...

I didn't say it would come out like molasses, and if you think I implied that it would come out slow I surely didn't mean to...... But I do still believe it is possible to go through a vein, then aspirate and not draw blood. I speak from personal experience on that one.... So you can tell me as many things as you want that you read in a book, and I will still believe this.
                        On a normal human being it would be something for the textbooks. On you...errr...well...I already knew your blood was like molasses so I will not elaborate further....

Comment

IM reminds me of that kid who always got picked on in autoshop.
                          Please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes

Comment

No!! Not the one who snapped and murdered everyone in the autoshop with a hatchet!!! How simply horrifying Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by IM^
                              No!! Not the one who snapped and murdered everyone in the autoshop with a hatchet!!! How simply horrifying Jay.
                              I thought it was a dull screwdriver......

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X