When was it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was it?

So many of you guys on this board are so experienced and filled with knowledge, I love just browsing through posts and picking up useful bits if info here and there. I love hanging around the boards because everyone here has the same type of goals that I do. Everyone I hang out with in the real world is all like "eww gross" or "you'll never be able to get that big" or "why don't you drink everynight like i do?". I just can't wait to show the fuckers what it's all about.

So, when did you guys actually decide "I'm gonna compete as a bodybuilder someday"? I have been lifting for about 5-6 years, and training seriously for around 3-4. I have made HUGE progress in the past 6 years and have fallen in love with bodybuilding. I don't come from the "I was 130 lbs and am now 230" background, I was just a fat slob, and almost weigh less now than I did in 7th grade(freshman in college now), but now the muslce to fat ratio is grossly different. Through all these years, the thought of competeing someday never even crossed my mind, but after doing a lot of loitering around this board and others, I decided "Ya know what, i'm gonna get fucking huge and learn how to diet down properly so I can compete in the near future!" I love this sport, I love seing my body react to different diets, training routines... I love the reactions I get when I people havn't seen me in a long time. Sorry i'm kinda like writing a personal essay here but, I was just wondering what made everyone else decide that "hey, this kicks ass, i'm gonna be up on stage someday". Sorry this is kinda long winded, but I have no one in real life who can identify with this type of subject. PEACE

-James

From one fat kid to another. I decided last year when I went to the local show. I had kicked around the idea before but after going to the small local show I was like-"Those guys aren't any better than me". I immediatly came back and sent my cash out to skip. There is no time like the present to throw down a gauntlet to yourself. If you dick around long enough you will always be able to find excuses not to do things. Nobody is remembered for what they didn't do. Only the things they have done.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

Thanks for the reply rugbythug, I never thought it would come down to it, but I think i'm gonna start saving so one day I can have skip rip me to shreds. I've heard only good things about him, and the one thing I can never seem to do is get "cut" by myself, it's like my genetics(or poor diet) laugh in my face every time I try and diet down.

Did you do any competitions yet and how was the experience?

I look forward to gettin on stage with some of you big boys one day.

-James

Comment

I never got into bodybuilding solely to hit the stage. I was just another dude that wanted to look big and put on some size. As time went on I began to notice changes in my physique and that drove me to work harder to see how I could improve. I went to a couple local NPC shows and though to myself that I wanted to do that one day...the rest is history.

To me bodybuilding is the ultimate 1 man sport, sure you can have studs like Skip and DC give you countless wisdom and advice but ultimately it will all ride on your back.

When you are ready give competeing a try and I'm sure you will enjoy the experience in the end...even if you regret the double cardio sessions and low carb days....LOL!!
        What did the 5 fingers say to the face?

Slap b*tch!!

Comment

James This Saturday will be my first one. And I would definetly use skip. As soon as people see you are dieting you will get a hundred different opinions about how to do it and so forth. Find someone you trusst and do what they say a 100%. Can't do part of peoples programs it is an all or nothing deal.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

I started training when I was 15 to loose some body fat and get stronger for sports. When I was 19 I joined a local gym and started training with some pretty hard core guys that competed. They kind of talked me into stepping on stage. I love to train that's why I do this. Competing was something the people I was around were into so I did it also.
            Any views or opinions expressed in this forum or in personal correspondences are purely for entertainment purposes and are obviously the product of a deeply troubled mind.

Have a nice day.
            Saturn……

[email protected]

Please visit our Sponsor

Custom Nutrition Warehouse

[email protected]

Comment

saturn

That's cool man, I was kind of in the same situation... except they were powerlifting competitors. I've done two powerlifting competitions and have couple NH state records for my age. Unfortunatly, I don't know a soul around here that has ever set foot on stage, or even thought about it. Powerlifting comps are fun, but bodybuilding comps seem to be where it's at... cuz not only do you have to get strong and huge.... you gotta rip up and unveal what's underneath(something i'm yet to do).

Anyways, good lucky rugby at your comp on saturday, kick some ass!

Comment

When I got out of the Army a friend took me to the NPC NewEngland's. I think it was in 1993. Dorian Yates guest posed (a couple of weeks after winning the Olympia) and I've been hooked since.
                2010 NPC New England - Open & Masters Light Heavy
                2010 NPC Cutler Classic - Open & Masters Light Heavy
                2001 INBF Constitution State - Open Middleweight
                2001 INBF Natural New York State - Open Middleweight
                2000 ANBA Natural Xtravaganza - Open Middleweight
                2000 NGA New England - Open Middleweight
                1999 NABF Maine Super Natural - Open Middleweight
                1999 NABF New England Super Natural - Open Middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckaZulu
                  When I got out of the Army a friend took me to the NPC NewEngland's. I think it was in 1993. Dorian Yates guest posed (a couple of weeks after winning the Olympia) and I've been hooked since.
                  That reminds me of one of the first comps I went to. Lou Ferigno was the guest. He was one of my influences when I started lifting. Seeing him in person was increadable. It really lit a fire under me to continue in this sport in one way or the other.
                  Any views or opinions expressed in this forum or in personal correspondences are purely for entertainment purposes and are obviously the product of a deeply troubled mind.

Have a nice day.
                  Saturn……

[email protected]

Please visit our Sponsor

Custom Nutrition Warehouse

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X