Current training split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current training split

In order to try to keep fresh I switched around a few bodyparts for these next 6 weeks.....
    Mon-
    Chest / Tri/ Abs

Tues-
    Back /Bi / Calves

Thurs-
    Shoulder/ Traps/ Forearms/ Abs

Fri-
    Hams / Quads/ Calves

Sun-
    Extra day for lagging parts....typically glute /Ham work
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Ok here I go again...why the hell does everyone train tris w/ chest and bis w/back...these are compliment muscles and I feel you wont work the smaller muscle as much if you kill it working the big muscle...just my 2 cent feel free to flame me... and put in your 3 cent...
    Short mod @ www.beyondmass.com

Comment

I've tried doing the Back/Bi and Chest/Tri thing this past winter to shake things up and I didn't work to well for me. I always hit the larger group first and by the time I was ready to hit the smaller group they were to pre-exhuasted for me to get a real good workout.

I'm back to a Back/Tri, Chest/Bi split with 3 days between them and it has worked out much better.

Again everyone is different so if it works for you then it's all good.:showoff:
      What did the 5 fingers say to the face?

Slap b*tch!!

Comment

Originally posted by midwtchamp
        Ok here I go again...why the hell does everyone train tris w/ chest and bis w/back...these are compliment muscles and I feel you wont work the smaller muscle as much if you kill it working the big muscle...just my 2 cent feel free to flame me... and put in your 3 cent...
        because for the past 6 months I have done bi's/tri's together and decided I needed a change!
        -KidRok-
        "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
        5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by midwtchamp
          Allows longer recovery for the tris and bis (not hit on chest and back day, and then again). Also requires less work b/c of previous work on chest and back.

As to not "work[ing] the the smaller muscle as much if you kill it working the big muscle, " this depends on the person and the work done before hitting the smaller muscle. I have no problem hitting tri's like a madman after chest. You do have a good point, in that the weight used will likely be less (vs training tris first), but as long as it generally going up, progress will be made. I like to give myself some extra rest between muscle groups if needed.

Try to slip in triceps after a leg day and that's a different story - the nervous system only allows so much brutality and the quality of the triceps training would be reduce TOO much, IMHO.. ;^)

-R
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Re: Current training split

Originally posted by KidRok
            In order to try to keep fresh I switched around a few bodyparts for these next 6 weeks.....
            Mon-
            Chest / Tri/ Abs

Tues-
            Back /Bi / Calves

Thurs-
            Shoulder/ Traps/ Forearms/ Abs

Fri-
            Hams / Quads/ Calves

Sun-
            Extra day for lagging parts....typically glute /Ham work
            Looks exactly like mine...works real well BTW
            Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN